Did humans and Dinosaurs coexist? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

Did humans and Dinosaurs coexist?

What evedince of Dinosaurs are there in the Bible? Extrabiblical?

Thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:23 AM
98 SVT Cobra

What comes to mind are the Leviathan and the Behemoth mentioned in the book of Job.

Also, Creation Evidences Museum in Glen Rose has found dinosaur and human footprints at the same level in a nearby riverbed. So, yes, I believe the two co-existed, not millions of years ago but mere thousands.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Job was told to "consider" Behemoth. You can't consider something that you don't know about. There were no museums back then. He had to consider a living thing.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

Did yall know that there are other historical references to dinosaurs. Alexander the Great, I believe it was, spoke about a great dragon that his army fought with for days. There are several others references that I can not recall presently.
Something to think about, why are there so many dragon legends? (Remember that the word dinosaur did not exist until 1811, I believe.)

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Crash Test Dummy

[secular nutcase] Well duh, the legends were made up by people who needed an explanation for Kimono Dragons. [/secular nutcase]

LOL

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

lol @ kimono....it's komodo i believe. isn't a kimono an asian robe??? those are good thoughts since dragons were supposed to be serpent-like or reptile-like. the only question is why haven't we found any RECENT bones/fossils since we've been able to find ones from millions of years ago? i think that there are things out there we still haven't seen. call me crazy.....waits for it....ok, call me crazy but i believe in bigfoot and other "legends".....i mean, if we hadn't found a giant squid until recently and then all of a sudden it went from a myth to a fact then who's to say other things like "nessie" the loch ness "monster" (maybe dinosaur) don't exist. if crocodiles, turtles and other such things that live in the water are considered the closest things to dinosaurs and are direct descendants from them, then why can't nessie be out there? basically we do co-exist with them right now...just not the huge ones you always think of. but the question still lingers in my head....if god created man and we can only find a man that is 10,000 yrs old and dinosaurs were 65 million years old...how does that work? we can see an evolution of man over the years so if god created man in his image what does god look like? is he hunch-backed and just uses "ugh"s and stuff like that?

*edit* ok, i left that kind of blurry...here are the questions
1. are those the only references to "dinosaurs" in the bible?
2. why haven't we found recent bones if dinosaurs and dragons
are the same thing?
3. if man was created in god's image and man has evolved...???
4. how long do i have to post until i get "punk a$$ newbie" taken
off??? lol

Last edited by hotrod66stang; 02-24-2004 at 12:31 PM.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 12:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrod66stang
lol @ kimono....it's komodo i believe. isn't a kimono an asian robe??? those are good thoughts since dragons were supposed to be serpent-like or reptile-like. the only question is why haven't we found any RECENT bones/fossils since we've been able to find ones from millions of years ago? i think that there are things out there we still haven't seen. call me crazy.....waits for it....ok, call me crazy but i believe in bigfoot and other "legends".....i mean, if we hadn't found a giant squid until recently and then all of a sudden it went from a myth to a fact then who's to say other things like "nessie" the loch ness "monster" (maybe dinosaur) don't exist. if crocodiles, turtles and other such things that live in the water are considered the closest things to dinosaurs and are direct descendants from them, then why can't nessie be out there? basically we do co-exist with them right now...just not the huge ones you always think of. but the question still lingers in my head....if god created man and we can only find a man that is 10,000 yrs old and dinosaurs were 65 million years old...how does that work? we can see an evolution of man over the years so if god created man in his image what does god look like? is he hunch-backed and just uses "ugh"s and stuff like that?

*edit* ok, i left that kind of blurry...here are the questions
1. are those the only references to "dinosaurs" in the bible?
2. why haven't we found recent bones if dinosaurs and dragons
are the same thing?
3. if man was created in god's image and man has evolved...???
4. how long do i have to post until i get "punk a$$ newbie" taken
off??? lol
About 20 more posts on number 4.

The Bible doesn't explicity state dinosaurs, but some big creature. Just like the evolutionists, some conclusion must be drawn about what exactly the creatures are. Some say dinos, some say no.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

yeah, i meant what other references are there that have/can be INTERPRETED as dinosaurs? someone also told me a while back that there were parts of the bible that can be interpreted to mean aliens. something about the skies and ??? i don't remember.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
About 20 more posts on number 4.

The Bible doesn't explicity state dinosaurs, but some big creature. Just like the evolutionists, some conclusion must be drawn about what exactly the creatures are. Some say dinos, some say no.
LOL The book of Job was written about 2k years before Jesus. The word "dinosaur" wasn't coined until 1841AD

So what is the bible "supposed" to say? LOL
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Target Practice

Quote:
yeah, i meant what other references are there that have/can be INTERPRETED as dinosaurs? someone also told me a while back that there were parts of the bible that can be interpreted to mean aliens. something about the skies and ??? i don't remember.

Aliens, are you serious? Never heard of that one.

White Hot Media
VENUECITY.com
Carmod.net
The Standard Issue <-RIP
SJB 3.29.85-1.24.08
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
someone also told me a while back that there were parts of the bible that can be interpreted to mean aliens. something about the skies and ??? i don't remember.
You're refering to the Nephilim mentioned in Genesis 6

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Lifer

No need for interpretation. The answer is No, modern man never coexisted with dinosaurs.

There is not even incidental evidence that the two may have coexisted. MoonDog, I'll bite - let's see a link that shows human and dinosaur prints in the same layer of sediment at Glen Rose.

JC, there is no need to "explain" a Komodo Dragon. "Hey, that's a Komodo Dragon." No mystery there. If they ever find evidence of a creature that had a mechanism for creating and belching fire, maybe I'll change my mind. But that has not, and dare I say WILL not ever be found.

Maybe Noah didn't put a pair of those on the Ark for obvious fire hazard reasons.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:24 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
LOL The book of Job was written about 2k years before Jesus. The word "dinosaur" wasn't coined until 1841AD

So what is the bible "supposed" to say? LOL
There is no lol.

You made my point.

It is open for interpretation. In fact, you will find that behemoth and leviathan in the bible were transliterations as opposed to a translations of the same Hebrew words.

You do know what transliteration means?
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 46Tbird
No need for interpretation. The answer is No, modern man never coexisted with dinosaurs.

There is not even incidental evidence that the two may have coexisted. MoonDog, I'll bite - let's see a link that shows human and dinosaur prints in the same layer of sediment at Glen Rose.
Taken from the Glenn Rose Site:
Quote:
The following text is from Dr. Carl Baugh's book entitled Dinosaur: Scientific Evidence that Men and Dinosaurs Lived Together.

Chapter One

"Tracks Step on Evolution"

So ran the headlines of the Fort Worth, Texas, Star-Telegram on Thursday evening, June 17th, 1982.

The article highlighted a series of controversial points resulting from an excavation the author had directed. Did dinosaurs really die out over sixty million years ago? Were there giant humans wandering the earth at the same time as the dinosaurs? Were the tracks at the Paluxy River area of Texas genuine or had they been deliberately carved out of the rock for sale to gullible tourist?

The headline appealed to me and so the theme for this book was born. Throughout its pages, questions are answered and compelling evidence is presented to show that dinosaur and human tracks at the Paluxy River in Texas DO step on evolution. At the same time, they show forth new facts concerning the Genesis Flood.

The sedimentary rocks of Texas indeed tell a strange and intriguing story, supporting the biblical record of a worldwide flood in Noah's time (Gen. 6-9). An artifact was found in Ordovician strata near London, Texas. The stone, according to evolutionist, is over four hundred million years old yet the artifact is an iron hammer, clearly manmade. How could a manmade object have been made four hundred million years ago? What buried it in sedimentary strata deep in the heart of Texas? ( See photo page "Q" )

Or let us consider the ledges we excavated. It is Cretaceous limestone, dated by the University of Texas at one hundred eight million years. We excavated in during 1982 and, in addition to the human footprints, we found other evidences of recency. Here was carbonized material -burned plant residue of modern kind. The limestone is younger than that plant from long ago (probably only minutes younger) for that burned plant had to be burned in the middle of the limestone as it was being formed.

Our major excavation was at the Paluxy River area, four miles out of the little town of Glen Rose, Texas. Thousands of tourists visit here every year to see the state park where evidence has been brought together to show that more than a dozen different types of dinosaurs roamed these Cretaceous beds at some time in the past.

The intrigue and the mystery of this whole area has been enhanced by the many reports of human tracks, as well as dinosaur tracks, found in the strata on the area of this riverbed for more than fifty years. An eighty-nine-year-old local resident, Emmit McFall, was ever ready to show pictures and recount discoveries of both human-like tracks and dinosaur footprints. So it was on Mr. McFalls farm that our first preliminary excavation began on Monday, March 15, 1982

It should be stressed that there is considerable evidence to show that dinosaurs and human footprints have been found together by earlier excavators. One of them was Dr. Roland T. Bird from Harvard University and the American Museum of Natural History, at that time a leading geologist and paleontologist. He reported that a ledge of limestone had been ripped up in the Paluxy River area by a spring flashflood. In one of his sketches, he revealed that tracks were taken and put on display at the American Museum of Natural History, at Southern Methodist University, at the University of Texas, at Baylor University and at Brookland College. At the top of the sketch a series of human-like tracks can be seen, including a notation by Dr. Bird himself, "Single giant track to American Museum of Natural History". Thus, we find that his drawings indicate there had been earlier findings similar to those we have made in our present excavations. This has been confirmed by taped interviews with local Glen Rose residents. Charlie Moss found the first human tracks in the Paluxy riverbed in 1910. Ernest "Bull" Adams followed this trail of tracks and documented their existence. Jim Ryals and Emmit McFall found other footprints through the years. Geologist Clifford Burdick, Ph.D., verified human tracks in the 1940's. Dr. Cecil Daugherty led large groups to the prints for years. Stan Taylor, Mike Turnage, Fred Beirle, Wilbur Fields and John Morris, Ph.D., added their own documentation.
Also, http://www.creationevidence.org/exca...cavations.html
Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
There is no lol.

You made my point.

It is open for interpretation. In fact, you will find that behemoth and leviathan in the bible were transliterations as opposed to a translations of the same Hebrew words.

You do know what transliteration means?
Expressing words of a language by means of the characters of another alphabet.

Excuse my illiteracy but I am not sure what you mean here.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 05:54 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:

There is not even incidental evidence that the two may have coexisted.
You mean by looking at the fossil record?

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:53 AM
Lifer

MoonDog, that article is so poorly written that I can't tell exactly what they are trying to describe. It sounds like it was "human-like" or "giant human" prints. The most coherent anecdote came from:
Quote:
Dr. Roland T. Bird
Cool.

who did a "sketch" that showed "human like" prints that he described as a "Single giant track to American Museum of Natural History". I dunno man, seems like a stretch, but I'll take it. Sure, whatever you say, there were men and dinos walking together. What's funny is that the dozen or so times I've been to Glen Rose, I never once saw any information about this. Strange. I guess it's a conspiracy to keep us all in the dark.

Yes, JC. I mean that by looking at the fossil record, there is no evidence that men and dinosaurs walked together anywhere except Glen Rose, Texas.
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:58 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Yes, JC. I mean that by looking at the fossil record, there is no evidence that men and dinosaurs walked together anywhere except Glen Rose, Texas.
Thats because in the evolution circles there is a conspiracy to keep us all in the dark.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 12:29 PM
Out

Danny, hopefully this can clear a little up for you about the coexistance...

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Lifer

I read it, but I still don't buy it.

There is a whole body of evidence that suggests otherwise. No one scientist said, "the universe is 15 billion years old!" and then all the other scientists started falling in line, falsifying their findings, lying about results and calculations, and hiding evidence to show that earth has existed for only 6,000 years.

It clearly states in the article that most bibles describe "behemoth" as a hippo or elephant. Yet, it goes on to say that Behemoth was actually a Brachiosaurus. I find this a little confusing, and -honestly- evidence that man has fangled up the meaning of the Word with his own interpretations.

I'm not willing to say that the OT is wrong. However, I am willing to say that man has overinterpreted the message presented. I think that science is on the right track, and we are making a connection with God when we study the universe He created.

Oh, and men were never chased by dinosaurs.

Hey man, how ya been?
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Out

And who's to say the universe isn't that old?!?!

Who's to say that Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 (and so on) are only a day apart?

Who's to say the seven days of creation ran consecutively?

Who's to say that the world wasn't created before Genesis 1:1 with nothing but the dinosaurs roaming the Earth and all the land was one continant and Lucifer was God's right-hand man who was incharge for it? Who's to say that when he sent Lucifer and the other angels down to hell that it wasn't meaning He sent them to Earth, turned the land upside down, the began "creation" all over again with Genesis 1:1?

There are some things we can't answer. There are some answers we are not supposed to know. I accept that because I know my place compared to the Lord. It is just that those creatures listed in the Bible aren't really clear either. I'm not saying they are, but then again, I'm not saying they aren't.

And how can we be sure that the Carbon 14 recording is or isn't accurate?
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
There are some things we can't answer. There are some answers we are not supposed to know. I accept that because I know my place compared to the Lord.
I agree with this 100%. But I don't take that to mean that we shouldn't seek to have a better understanding of God's creations.

God created it, so I think we serve Him by studying and appreciating His handiwork now that we have the tools to do so. That's why I appreciate science - it is discovering every day that there is rhyme and reason to what was once perceived to be chaos.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Out

No disagreement from me on that. The only problem I have is when science is used to discredit the Bible, my beliefs, God Himself, etc...
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 12:14 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
What comes to mind are the Leviathan and the Behemoth mentioned in the book of Job.

References to Behemoth "dinosaur"

Job 40:15-24
Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Last edited by dreddiin; 02-26-2004 at 12:18 AM.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
I read it, but I still don't buy it.

There is a whole body of evidence that suggests otherwise. No one scientist said, "the universe is 15 billion years old!" and then all the other scientists started falling in line, falsifying their findings, lying about results and calculations, and hiding evidence to show that earth has existed for only 6,000 years.

It clearly states in the article that most bibles describe "behemoth" as a hippo or elephant. Yet, it goes on to say that Behemoth was actually a Brachiosaurus. I find this a little confusing, and -honestly- evidence that man has fangled up the meaning of the Word with his own interpretations.

I'm not willing to say that the OT is wrong. However, I am willing to say that man has overinterpreted the message presented. I think that science is on the right track, and we are making a connection with God when we study the universe He created.

Oh, and men were never chased by dinosaurs.

Hey man, how ya been?

I've never seen a Bible that says hippo in it. Possible in the commentary it may. This is simply because the Christian commentator is uneducated in the field of science. They don't know how to defend Creation and therefore they capitulate to evolutionary theory. It is unnerving.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
I agree with this 100%. But I don't take that to mean that we shouldn't seek to have a better understanding of God's creations.

God created it, so I think we serve Him by studying and appreciating His handiwork now that we have the tools to do so. That's why I appreciate science - it is discovering every day that there is rhyme and reason to what was once perceived to be chaos.
So how are we serving Him if we call his Word a lie?
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 07:26 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
The Bible was never perceived to be chaotic. It has always been the word of God and whether it was understood or not people believed it. Not since the last 150 years, when man decided that he was smarter than God, did he decide that there were flaws in the Bible and could not be trusted as truth. Still to this day though, the Bible has never been proven to be wrong.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
So how are we serving Him if we call his Word a lie?
I'm not calling his Word a lie, I'm saying that man has trouble comprehending what was actually told. And I gave evidence of one instance, and you yourself said it was unnerving.

God created the universe, and every subatomic particle within. I didn't see mention of it in the Bible. Do we disagree on this?

We are learning what He did, and how He did it. Does the fact that the Bible.. ahh.. omits some of this information mean that we should not seek to know it?

It's difficult to say that science isn't true, and then try to use it to prove what the Bible says.
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:

It's difficult to say that science isn't true, and then try to use it to prove what the Bible says.
AGAIN, WE ARE NOT SAYING THAT SCIENCE ISN'T TRUE. WE ARE FINDING OUT HOW GOD MADE EVERYTHING! SCIENCE IS JUST DISCOVERING GOD'S DESIGN. WHAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS USING SCIENCE TO SAY THAT THERE IS NO DIVINE CREATOR AND THAT LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE BEGAN FROM NOTHING.

sheesh.

post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Out

Thumbs down

Quote:
sheesh.
No fowl language in this forum!!!
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
LM***O!

Okay then JC, you and I see it the same.
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
LM***O!

Okay then JC, you and I see it the same.

We do?

<--------faints and falls off chair
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
No FOWL language.
Okay censorship has gone way too far when we can't speak of chickens openly!

46Tbird,
What I find unnerving is when Christian commentators comprimise their position to agree with unproved assumptions of a nonbiblical theory.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
You're refering to the Nephilim mentioned in Genesis 6
??? Can someone fill me in on this. Sounds cool and I don't have a copy of the old testement readily available to me.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 07:07 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowLX
??? Can someone fill me in on this. Sounds cool and I don't have a copy of the old testement readily available to me.
Hey dude, I can clear that up for you.
Quote:
Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them: the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.
What we have here is fallen angels (sons of God) coming to earth and having sexual relations with women (daughters of men). The result is giant men (nephilim) that became very well known heros. It is my belief that these so-called heros came to be the well known Greek mythical gods.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

That is all speculative. Angles are genderless, therefore have no genitals, therfore have no DNA with which to procreate.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 08:59 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Angles are genderless, therefore have no genitals,
Triangles, squares, rhombuses, trapezoids and rectangles are genderless too, I guess they don't have genitals either.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

No and they can't impregnate a woman either.

Well on second thought there is that song about Triangle man. HMMMM
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:41 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
That is all speculative. Angles are genderless, therefore have no genitals, therfore have no DNA with which to procreate.
There are also two places in Job (1:6, 38:7) that calls angels "sons of God". So why would it refer to angels there but not in Genesis?
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Hey dude, I can clear that up for you.

What we have here is fallen angels (sons of God) coming to earth and having sexual relations with women (daughters of men). The result is giant men (nephilim) that became very well known heros. It is my belief that these so-called heros came to be the well known Greek mythical gods.
Sweet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement