DFW Mustang Forums banner

Geez...new games take up a lot of space

757 views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  DarkWolf 
#1 ·
Didnt realize it, but I just installed Call of Duty2 and it uses 4gigs of space. What ever happened to games like RedAlert that fits on 1 CD and still kicked ass:confused:

#6 ·
DarkWolf said:
One of the lesser reasons I don't game so much on my PC anymore. I always hated installing and patching. And yeah, every new game taking up more and more space.

I'll take consoles over PC's any day.
man...id rather play computer based games. Besides, whats 4 gigs when you have 250 free :D

BTW...this game is fun

#8 ·
915.0GT said:
I know what you mean, Battlefield 2142 takes 5 gigs. Its all worth it though
whats this damn battlefield 2142 everyone seems to love so much? Like warcraft or first person shooter?

#9 ·
DarkWolf said:
One of the lesser reasons I don't game so much on my PC anymore. I always hated installing and patching. And yeah, every new game taking up more and more space.

I'll take consoles over PC's any day.
Yep...consoles are the shit. Purely for gaming, and you know when you buy the game it will work just like on everyone else's system. (Or not work like on everyone else's system :p )

#15 ·
8mpg said:
man...id rather play computer based games. Besides, whats 4 gigs when you have 250 free :D

BTW...this game is fun
Well, when you're like me, and do audio/video editing, and graphic design (I've got single psd's that are running near 1gig by themselves...
), 250gigs goes quick. And since I don't have infinite cashflow, I can't just keep buying more and more hard drives to compensate.

I have 1 300 gig, 2 200 gig, 1 160 gig, and 2 80 gig drives. Even with 1.02TB of available storage, I find it difficult at times to allocate space for a new video project without taking a couple hours to burn off a few DVD's of data that isn't immediately needed.

So PC gaming isn't much of a priority :)

Though I do have my eye on a couple 500 gig drives in the near future. I'd go for the 750's but I want to wait and see how reliable they prove out.

And holy crap... I never did the math before to see how much hdd space I actually had. It sickens me that I still have problems finding room for stuff

#16 ·
DarkWolf said:
Well, when you're like me, and do audio/video editing, and graphic design (I've got single psd's that are running near 1gig by themselves...
), 250gigs goes quick. And since I don't have infinite cashflow, I can't just keep buying more and more hard drives to compensate.

I have 1 300 gig, 2 200 gig, 1 160 gig, and 2 80 gig drives. Even with 1.02TB of available storage, I find it difficult at times to allocate space for a new video project without taking a couple hours to burn off a few DVD's of data that isn't immediately needed.

So PC gaming isn't much of a priority :)

Though I do have my eye on a couple 500 gig drives in the near future. I'd go for the 750's but I want to wait and see how reliable they prove out.

And holy crap... I never did the math before to see how much hdd space I actually had. It sickens me that I still have problems finding room for stuff

Do you have all those hooked up and running in your computer at once?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.