DFW Mustang Forums banner

Fantasy football, QB advice, whatcha got?

394 views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Hollywood 
#1 ·
I'm torn. Should I start the red hot Pennington vs a strong but inexperienced Buffalo secondary, or the struggling Bulger against a lousy Arizona defense. Pennington has been lighting it up, while Bulger has only 1 TD in 2 games. Right now i'm leaning towards Pennington

#4 ·
I would say Bulger.. only because Pennington is playing in Buffalo which has typically been very difficult for him... he hasn't thrown for more than 200 yards in Buffalo. He's had games of 178, 154, and 114 passing yards in Buffalo, but he did have 300+ while playing Buffalo at home in 2004.

Bulger's worst game against Ari was 18/29 for 229 w/ 1 TD.

- Also, I'm playing against Pennington this week, so I've been looking to see if there is any reason for him to play poorly this week.

#8 ·
Yeah I am was thinking the same thing for me. I have Leftwich vs. Indy or Pennigton vs. Buffalo.

Buffalo's pass defense is tied for 7th with an avg. of 163 yds/gm. Indy's pass defense is 20th with an avg. of 215 yds/gm.

So I am going to chance Leftwich....

#13 ·
Does anybody think Culpepper will be worth anything this year? Someone dropped him in one of my leagues and I am thinking of picking him up.

Right now I have Brady, Rex Grossman, and Mark Brunell.

#14 ·
jefehbk said:
Does anybody think Culpepper will be worth anything this year? Someone dropped him in one of my leagues and I am thinking of picking him up.

I wouldn't trade any of the QB's who you have right now for him, but if you can get him for that week-4 game against Houston and maybe the week-7 game against Green Bay it would be a decent gamble.

#15 ·
GRAYHORSE said:
Is Coles even playing?
Sep 24 Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets WR Laveranues Coles (calf) will start Week 3.

jefehbk said:

I wouldn't touch him.

#16 ·
the Arizona/STL game should be a shootout. Even if he doesn't rack up the TD's I'd still say he will be in the 250-300 yd. range.

Culpepper should do alot better in the coming weeks. he's got some favorable matchups that should get him back into his full rhythm. I would personally drop Brunell for him to take advantage of better matchups.

#20 ·
Ahhh I'm getting smoked by Jon Kitna and Willie Parker! Santana Moss continues to not get shit thrown his way. Rudi Johnson got stopped by the Steelers D, and Ronnie Brown doesn't get enough TD chances because Miami sucks. Desmond Clark left the game with an injury. Deangelo Williams had -1 Rushing yard!!

To top it all off, I don't think Maurice Drew has been used as anything other than a kick returner but today what does he bust out with?

Just 103 rushing yards, and 32 receiving yards with a TD.

#24 ·
Alright I'm reviving this thread for the new week.

I can start 2 QB's. Here's what I'm working with.

QB D. Bledsoe - Dallas @ Tennessee
QB J. Delhomme - Carolina vs. New Orleans

BENCH D. Carr - Houston vs. Miami

I'm thinking about benching Delhomme and starting David Carr. I just don't know how good NO or Miami's pass defense is. But I do know that David Carr has done well in every game so far. However, Delhomme is probably getting in his groove with Steve Smith. I'm pulling my hair out over here.

#25 ·
The Big Matt said:
Good pick on Favre... The only bad side is two to three weeks down the road when he completely breaks your heart with another -10 point week :(

Well, i have bledsoe also. He was just on bye. I think im going with Drew this week against Tenn.

#26 ·
I also got Bledsoe which I'm going with against the weak Tenn defense. My alternatives are D. Brees vs. Carolina, or B. Farve against Philly. Brett's on fire, but it will end at Philly on Monday night.

On a side note: I'm also going with Dallas in my suicide pool. Ya think Dallas might lose with all the hoopla on TO? It's an away game and Vince is starting for Tenn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.