DFW Mustang Forums banner

Alpine amp coding

428 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fox466 
#1 ·
How does the coding on the various lines work in terms of indicating the quality level? For instance the 'T' vs 'F' lines. I have the cheap little T220 (entry level) which will not come close to pushing the components I just put in so I need to upgrade. I need a relatively small (dimensionally) amp and am looking on ebay and have found several.

Eric, should I get a mono to push the JL10w0 I bought from you and move the components I told you about over to the other two channels on the F450, or leave the sub bridged on the two channels and get a different 2 channel? I see the f240 and m300 and the like and have no clue.

TIA for any advise that you can give.

#2 ·
T=Two 2 channel
F=Four 4 channel
M=1 channel (mono)
MRV=V12 (higher end amp)
MRP=Power series (lower end amp)
MRD=D class V12 mono bass amp

The W0 you have is probably 4 ohm. An Alpine mono amp will maximize its output at 2 ohm so a mono amp will not give you full power output on your woofer. It sounds like you want more power for the front components so I would recommend running 1/2 the F450 on the rears, 1/2 of the F450 bridged on the sub, and buy a new larger 2 channel for the front components. Small size=small power as far as 2 channels go. The most power for the dollar that I have is a Total Mobile Audio T360.2 but the dimensions are 12.8"x9.95"x1.80".

#3 ·
Or an old school Sound Stream Rubicon Lil Wonder5. I got 1, ya interested?

#4 ·
I've never even heard of 'em. :eek:

Since I already have two Alpines, I was kind of wanting to get another, so that they could be all pretty and matched like. :cool:

I guess it's just the OCD in me or something but mismatched components look like shit to me.

#8 ·
Fox466 said:
I've never even heard of 'em. :eek:

Since I already have two Alpines, I was kind of wanting to get another, so that they could be all pretty and matched like. :cool:

I guess it's just the OCD in me or something but mismatched components look like shit to me.
It's a 5 channel amp w/ an unregulated power supply. It's prolly 6-8 yrs. old and a bad mofo. Ask EW 'bout it. If he's as knowlegable as ppl say and he appears than he will know what im talkin about.

Btw, it's "rated @ 25w x4 and 45 x1. More like 65-80 x 4 and 200 x 1. I had it pushin a set of Excelon 3way 6 1/2's and 6x9's as well as a JL 12w0 and that fucker jammed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.