DFW Mustang Forums banner

What type heatsink do i need?

262 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dmh165638 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
Depends on what you want to spend. A few of the better ones are the Aerocool HT-101, Thermalright SI-97, Thermalright SLK-947U(be careful very heavy). The two Thermalright models need a fan purchased seperately. These three are on the high end of price but the SI-97 is probably the best for the money. This three are also all very big in size so they may not work. There are tons of cheaper models but be careful of noise. Most of these heatsinks have smaller fans running at very high rpm's which means lots of fan noise. Just about any of the aftermarket models will be better than stock.

#6 ·
blackedv said:
i highly suggest just upgrading to at least a socket 754 or 939 if u can cuz that socket is past dead, just scan the frys ads in the newspaper cuz for just a lil more money u can upgrade significantly

ya but wouldnt that mean i would need a new mobo also??? if i need a new mobo, i will need a new case, since my current mobo/case is micro/mini atx..... :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.