DFW Mustang Forums banner

Anyone more overrated than........?

670 views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  ls1eater 
#1 ·
GONZAGA

They are BARELY getting by the University of San Francisco??
Barely got by the University of San Diego??

They suck!!!
The WCC sucks!!
I don't see them getting very far in the Tournament!!

#2 ·
Totally overrated, imho.

#3 ·
Must you forget, Texas lost to an unranked OSU and a barely ranked Oklahoma.

Not talking shit, just pointing out the obvious.

#5 ·
Geof said:

Not talking shit, just pointing out the obvious.

What the hell does this thread have to do with Texas?
Texas also beat #3 Memphis, on the road, and #4 Villanova, as well as #16 W Virginia.
The Zags have been utterly underwhelming, sneaking by bad teams, and mediocre teams alike.

#6 ·
Geof said:
In the Big 12 there is enough talent that it doesnt matter what the rankings are. You should ALWAYS win your home games, and it is very tough to win on the road. (Thus explaining the loss Texas had at OU and OSU) Basketball is the one of the few sports where home court advantage actually effects the outcome of the game. It is a game of runs, and momentum.

I think you forgot to mention that although they lost to OSU, they also throttled them by 30+ the first time they played. And will more than likely drop Oklahoma by double digits as well in Austin.

As far as "Overrated" teams, I think you need to look no further than Gonzaga, and Memphis, and possibly Tennessee.

#13 ·
Texas is too hot and cold for me. One night they throttle Kansas and then shortly after get beat by A&M. They need more consistency in their game.

#17 ·
Geez,

Gonzaga has got to be right up there with George Washington in the over-rated catagory.

I know they carry some nice W/L ratios but they barely beat teams that would probably lose to most bottom feeders in the major conferences.

The Zags have won thier last 3 games by a total of 8 points against teams with a combined W/L of 33-47

That's just plain horrible for at team that is voted #4 by coaches and press... and not to mention they go ape shit when beating teams that should have been run off of the floor by halftime.

Close games are good for character and all, but you don't need to do fist pumps on the scorers table when you squeek by team that is sub .500 as if you just won the NCAA title when you are the #4 team in the land... if you want to be a top tier team act like one when you win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.