DFW Mustang Forums banner

Holy Crap . . . I'm posting a post AGAINST A&M!!!

526 views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  HookEm 
#1 ·
Wow, Terrence McCoy is an idiot.

from http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16051619&BRD=2288&PAG=461&dept_id=475011&rfi=6

McCoy, who said he's been looking forward to Wednesday since he watched Jaime sign his letter of intent a year ago, has received positive reports from his brother about A&M and the football program.

"They take care of you down there," McCoy said. "I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football. They keep you on your grades with private tutoring. Just good all-around."

DUMBASS!!!! :mad:

#2 ·
what the hell???????

What an IDIOT!!!!!!

#3 ·
hahahaha..wow...

#4 ·
How in the hell does someone that stupid get into any college, much less A&M?

#5 ·
90 Notch said:
How in the hell does someone that stupid get into any college, much less A&M?

My God.....I bet the candy men and alum are in full "Destory evidence" mode.
What a bleepin idiot.

#8 ·
HookEm said:
My God.....I bet the candy men and alum are in full "Destory evidence" mode.
What a bleepin idiot.
I concur......

If it doesn't just "blow over", expect another SMU saga from the 80's...

#9 ·
If I was an Ag....I'd be pissed. Paying players, and getting that kind of return. Talk about a poor ROI!

#10 ·
HookEm said:
If I was an Ag....I'd be pissed. Paying players, and getting that kind of return. Talk about a poor ROI!
No shit!

By any chance did this kid narrow his choices down to A&M and VT? LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist PT.

#11 ·
90 Notch said:
No shit!

By any chance did this kid narrow his choices down to A&M and VT? LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist PT.
LMAO..........maybe Bill Byrne (is that the Athletic admin over in B/CS?) paid him off so he could get out of Fran's contract?

#13 ·
Yeah, I guess you win MNC with only Tom Hicks Money.

#14 ·
Who Needs 8 said:
Yeah, I guess you win MNC with only Tom Hicks Money.

Exactly.

#16 ·
ZYouL8R said:
So is this guy more stupid than Jamal Charles? :rolleyes:

Yea, but with full pockets from down there, yo!

#19 ·
That writer totally blew it. He totally missed the story of the year out of Texas sports ,and let it go.

Are you kidding me?
You just put Texas A&M on probation with this article. Excellent work my friend, better start looking for a job in another state though. You are obviously a good reporter since you report the facts without concern for the ramifications. Thank you!
Peter Wolfe, Miami, FL
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 05:50 PM EST
Keep your pockets full!?
Did he just say they "keep your pockets full" if you play football at Texas A&M?
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 08:21 PM EST
Are you kidding me?
You just put Texas A&M on probation with this article. Excellent work my friend, better start looking for a job in another state though. You are obviously a good reporter since you report the facts without concern for the ramifications. Thank you!
Peter Wolfe, Miami, FL
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 05:50 PM EST
Keep your pockets full!?
Did he just say they "keep your pockets full" if you play football at Texas A&M?
Bryan, Birmingham, AL
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 04:52 PM EST
Money?
Keep your pockets full of money? Coach Fran has some explaining to do!
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 04:41 PM EST
Seriously????
He said that A&M "gives you plenty of money"?????
Surely, the Ags will be investigated for this one.
don, Dallas, TX
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 04:10 PM EST
Printing an admission of cheating
Priceless....I can't believe you actually printed what McCoy said about A&M keeping the player's pockets full.
Horn Fan, Austin, TX
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 04:07 PM EST
Keep your pockets full?
Memo to the interviewer. Wake up you had a story with this kid and let him off of the hook. Keeping "pockets full" is what got SMU the death penalty.
Robert Benton, Dallas
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 03:38 PM EST
"They take care of you down there," McCoy said. "I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football. They keep you on your grades with private tutoring. Just good all-around."
Should some forward this statement to the NCAA?

James Lusby, Temple, TX
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 03:37 PM EST
I think you've got a real story on your hands

Sounds like cheating to me, what do you think? I can't believe this kid was that stupid enough to say this.

Jim Patrick, Little Rock, Arkansas
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 03:29 PM EST
What would the NCAA say?

"keep your pockets full," "give you plenty of money." Maybe the NCAA should take a look (again) at the Aggie program.
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 03:23 PM EST
Did he write that on purpose?
Good luck getting an interview in College Station from now on.
Richard, Nashville
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 02:47 PM EST
Your in trouble with those quotes!
I never thought a player would be that dumb as to say the university is giving money to student athletes. Doesn't he know thats a MAJOR violation of NCAA rules.
Kyle, New Orleans, Louisiana
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 02:29 PM EST
WHAT???
THey keep your pockets full? They keep giving you all these meals?

NCAA know about this?
, Lubbock TX
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 02:16 PM EST
Well, he gets points for honesty
"They take care of you down there," McCoy said. "I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals.

Nice, where do i sign up.
Jerry, Las Vegas, NV
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 12:45 PM EST
Hey Ags...you must be proud.
Although nothing surprises me in the fantasy land we call football "recruiting", the very fact that this was printed speaks volumes for aTm and their lack of integrity.

Really, they keep your pockets full? If that's true, thats FRAN-tastic. Marrion, I hope you checked your facts on this one before deciding to put this gem of a quote on here. UNBELIVEABLE. I am sure the NCAA will love to know more about what exactly this means. Are you going to be a responsible journalist and follow up? Or do we let this slide by, much like the actions of some of their teammates. GREAT REPORTING! Keep up the good work.
Crusader Rabbit, Midland TX
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 12:41 PM EST
Keep your pockets full?!
Forwarded your article to the NCAA Compliance office this morning. You may have just created an investigation. You DO realize that if what McCoy has said is true, then TT has violated several NCAA rules, right?
Mark, Irvine, CA
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 12:04 PM EST
"They give you plenty of MONEY"
If this is a legitimate quote and I'm sure it is becaues you printed it. The NCAA needs to be notified. That is dispicable behaviour if it is true and should be punished.
Michael, Dallas
Added: Thursday February 02, 2006 at 11:53 AM EST
Congrats LHS players
"They take care of you down there," McCoy said. "I know from my brother they keep your pockets full, give you plenty of money, keep feeding you meals. Besides that all the help they give you with football. They keep you on your grades with private tutoring. Just good all-around." Uhhhh, isn't this illegal? Hello NCAA investigation of Coach Fran.

Brad Jamison, Midland, TX

#21 ·
What happened to SMU will never happen again. The death penalty comes into play if a university is within x years of a probation stemming from the dreaded "lack of organizational control," meaning coaches are involved.

Any punishment, however, where there is a lack of organizational control is nasty. See Baylor basketball.

#22 ·
Not that big of a deal. Bad wording by McCoy, but most likely legal.

Most likely he is refering to meal stipends and such that are legal under the rules. Some schools give out max, some don't.

But all in all, there will be some 'splaining to do I'm sure.

#23 ·
LMAO at some of the high & mightys in Hook Em's post. This shit happens at every school, but most aren't dumb enough to get quoted for it.

My old boss was a running back for Eastern Oklahoma back in the day & got paid $200 a week to walk to the field house & turn off the lights at 9pm every night. We all know the big programs pay a lot better. :)

#24 ·
Good stuff, I couldnt believe when I heard that. So what was the exact context in which he said this? Was it right after signing a letter of intent, like part of a TV or radio interview? I only caught a little bit of it last night.

We all know stuff like this is happening under the table at ALL the top universities. It would be sad if something happens to A&M thanks to this kid and his mouth.

#25 ·
We certainly know Switzer paid better.........;)

BlueThunder99TA said:
LMAO at some of the high & mightys in Hook Em's post. This shit happens at every school, but most aren't dumb enough to get quoted for it.

My old boss was a running back for Eastern Oklahoma back in the day & got paid $200 a week to walk to the field house & turn off the lights at 9pm every night. We all know the big programs pay a lot better. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.