FWPD Hiring - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Doughnut Lover!

FWPD Hiring

It's that time again! FWPD will be taking applications for Police Trainee.
Follow the link.

http://www.fortworthgov.org/hr/info/...t.aspx?id=2996
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Doing things the lazy way

Hellz yeah, about to start my application process again, hopefully someone picks me up this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Lifer

I'm applying. Hopefully i can get a better background investigator.

Don't talk about it! Be about it!

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Time Served

You guys need a shortened academy for people who already have their Tcleose cert. Any Idea on when the Academy actually starts?

post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Doughnut Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachX2 View Post
You guys need a shortened academy for people who already have their Tcleose cert. Any Idea on when the Academy actually starts?
If I remember correctly this one starts in March 2011.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Doughnut Lover!

Here is the info that was sent out to us.

The FWPD will begin accepting applications from the public on July 22 – August 6, 2010.

Once recruiting begins applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY at www.fortworthgov.jobs .

The academy class # 128 will begin on March 28, 2011.
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Lifer

This was just sent out today, they are ramping up for the new classes that have been approved for next year.

CITY OF FORT WORTH
POLICE TRAINEE – ANN. #: X17 – 10

$3,114 monthly (while in Police Academy Training)
$4,348 monthly ($52,187 annually upon graduation)

SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants must successfully pass a written test, a physical assessment test, a polygraph examination, an
interview board, a medical examination, a psychological examination and an extensive background check.

EDUCATION: High school diploma; (or GED Certificate, plus 12 semester hours of college with a cumulative GPA of 2.0).

RESIDENCY: Must live within thirty (30) minutes of designated report-in station; must be accomplished within six (6) months
of employment.

CITIZENSHIP: Must be a U. S. Citizen at the time of application.

AGE REQUIREMENTS: 21 – 44 years of age; (Cannot have reached 45th birthday by the date of the Entry-Level Test / Civil Service
Examination: Tuesday, August 31, 2010.)

LICENSE: Must have a valid and current driver’s license.

VETERAN: Must have received an Honorable Discharge to qualify for veteran points on passing score of 79.
 Please attach copy of DD214 (Member 4) at the time of application.

TCLEOSE STANDARDS: - Must never have been convicted OR have been on court-related community supervision or
probation for any offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor
within the last ten years;
- Must never have been convicted of any family violence offense.

IN ADDITION TO BASE PAY:

A. LONGEVITY PAY: $ 4 per month times the number of years of service, up to 25 years.
B. INCENTIVE PAY: $60 per month for Associate’s Degree, or $120 per month for a Bachelor’s Degree following
one (1) year of service after commissioned (college degrees must be in related areas); or
$30 per month for intermediate certificate, or $60 per month for advanced certificate, State
of Texas Certification (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education).
C. UNIFORMS WILL BE ISSUED: Periodic uniform maintenance allowance provided.
D. COURT PAY: If you are required to appear in court while off duty, you will receive overtime pay.
E. BILINGUAL INCENTIVE PAY: Up to $125 per month upon successful completion of Language Proficiency Tests.

FRINGE BENEFITS: 1) Three weeks paid vacation 5) Retirement fund
2) Nine paid holidays 6) Credit Union
3) Fifteen days sick leave 7) Military leave
4) Seven days family sick leave 8) Health and life insurance

APPLICATION START DATE: THURSDAY, JULY 22 – DEADLINE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 6, 2010.
APPLY ON-LINE ONLY @ www.fortworthgov.jobs

Computer availability for applications:

Fort Worth Police Recruiting City of Fort Worth
1000 Calvert Street Human Resources Department
Fort Worth, TX 76107 1000 Throckmorton Street
Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm Fort Worth, TX 76102 – 6311

AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Gone but never forgotten

noted Thanks for sharing!!!

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Lifer

Looks like I got a job just in time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Time Served

Since I have no Training as a Police Officer or ever been to any academy such as the ones they offer at TCC, I can enlist as a Trainee correct? I'm over the Minimum age and also have a HS Diploma...But no college credits at all. Been a state resident well over 1yr and 6months, no criminal background ranging from major issues to tickets....
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosoe View Post
Since I have no Training as a Police Officer or ever been to any academy such as the ones they offer at TCC, I can enlist as a Trainee correct? I'm over the Minimum age and also have a HS Diploma...But no college credits at all. Been a state resident well over 1yr and 6months, no criminal background ranging from major issues to tickets....
Correct. I am a peace officer and have completed police academy, however I would have to go through the same steps as you to get on. Then I would have to go through their academy also, only difference is I wouldn't have to take the tcleose test at the end of it. I am considering it lol.

post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I had no police training when I went through the acadeny 22 years ago.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Time Served

OK cool thanks guys, Ill just wait it out till the 22nd of July to apply as a trainee online..
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Doughnut Lover!

I had no experience either so don't worry about that part. Good Luck to all that apply.
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Gone but never forgotten

COME OOOOON July 22!!!!

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 07:40 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
COME OOOOON July 22!!!!
You're joking, right?

FW's polygraph exam will exclude a lot of people, unless they've changed it.

A buddy of mine is a FW cop, but his first time applying, one of the questions was "Have you ever driven after consuming an alcoholic beverage?". He said yes. They told him to come back and apply again in two years. It's pretty tough to get on at FW compared to Dallas and many other cities.
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
You're joking, right?

FW's polygraph exam will exclude a lot of people, unless they've changed it.

A buddy of mine is a FW cop, but his first time applying, one of the questions was "Have you ever driven after consuming an alcoholic beverage?". He said yes. They told him to come back and apply again in two years. It's pretty tough to get on at FW compared to Dallas and many other cities.

No I wasn't joking Ya think I shouldn't?

I don't mind being honest about my past... and yes, I've driven after consuming an alcoholic beverage before... is that an automatic disqualifier?

post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:04 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:

I don't mind being honest about my past... and yes, I've driven after consuming an alcoholic beverage before... is that an automatic disqualifier?

It was a few years ago. Actually, it was more like 10 years ago, so things could have changed. The buddy of mine I am referring to is extremely straight-laced. He has never done any kind of illegal drug in his entire life. He has been that way forever, and just stays out of trouble completely. And he doesn't drive drunk. But, he had driven somewhere after a beer or two not too long before his first test, and when he answered honestly, they told him he would have to come back in two years. He did, and now he's in, but knowing this guy, and seeing how hard it was for him to get in, just seemed pretty ridiculous to me.
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Lifer

It won't hurt to try Juggies.
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
It was a few years ago. Actually, it was more like 10 years ago, so things could have changed. The buddy of mine I am referring to is extremely straight-laced. He has never done any kind of illegal drug in his entire life. He has been that way forever, and just stays out of trouble completely. And he doesn't drive drunk. But, he had driven somewhere after a beer or two not too long before his first test, and when he answered honestly, they told him he would have to come back in two years. He did, and now he's in, but knowing this guy, and seeing how hard it was for him to get in, just seemed pretty ridiculous to me.

Well thanks for your support

post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:14 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:

I am being supportive! I am not saying that you wanting to get in is ridiculous. QUite the opposite! I'm saying how ridiculous the test and entry guidelines for FW can be. I think they exclude some really good people, and clearly they still let in some turds.
post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
I am being supportive! I am not saying that you wanting to get in is ridiculous. QUite the opposite! I'm saying how ridiculous the test and entry guidelines for FW can be. I think they exclude some really good people, and clearly they still let in some turds.

I'm just messin with ya Jluv

We'll see how it goes and I'll let ya know!

Honestly though, thank you for your support for real

post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Lifer

Quote:
You should try it if you want it.

Quote:
And it isn't that hard to pass. Don't let him worry you. Because that is how people fail. Being worried. They only ask you general questions. Like - Is everything you put about you drug usage true? and Did you lie about anything on the application?

The hardest part is the physical part. I seen a ton of people fall off there. And they tell the people that don't score over a certain amount of points on the 2nd physical ability test to start working out hard. They'll tell you that you can pass a test but can you keep up with the physical requirements of the academy?

Yes i know there are cops out there who couldn't run very far at all but you'll need it for the academy i hear. I'm gonna give it another go. Last time i made it all the way to board review just got dq'd before i got a chance to do it.

post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:

Anything like smoking dope, driving drunk, or stuff like that that is recent will always disqualify you.

I think they will now allow people who tried cocaine over 10 years ago to get in. When I applied 24 years ago you could not have done anything harder than a little pot and even then it had to be casual use, like in college or at a party.

The sad reality is that few people under 30 have not tried hard drugs and smoked pot on a regular basis when they were 16-25.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRK5 View Post
And it isn't that hard to pass. Don't let him worry you. Because that is how people fail. Being worried. They only ask you general questions. Like - Is everything you put about you drug usage true? and Did you lie about anything on the application?
And what if your honest answers disqualify you? That's what I'm talking about here. I was specific in what I said disqualified a friend of mine. That exact scenario would keep a lot of people out. To me, that makes it hard to pass. It's not about being worried.

At the same time, I understand that a police department doesn't want people who drive drunk, smoke pot, etc. They have every right to screen people out the way they see fit. I just figured I'd let people know who may fall into a category like that, that it could be a waste of time. There are other departments that are less strict about those things, be that good or bad.
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
And what if your honest answers disqualify you? That's what I'm talking about here. I was specific in what I said disqualified a friend of mine. That exact scenario would keep a lot of people out. To me, that makes it hard to pass. It's not about being worried.

At the same time, I understand that a police department doesn't want people who drive drunk, smoke pot, etc. They have every right to screen people out the way they see fit. I just figured I'd let people know who may fall into a category like that, that it could be a waste of time. There are other departments that are less strict about those things, be that good or bad.

Well I'm gonna take a healthy stab at this and see how it goes. I just need to remember that my immigration smuggling ring needs to be hush hush LOL!

for the record ... that's a joke!

post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Well I'm gonna take a healthy stab at this and see how it goes. I just need to remember that my immigration smuggling ring needs to be hush hush LOL!

for the record ... that's a joke!
I wish you luck! The folks I do know on the force really seem to enjoy it.
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
I wish you luck! The folks I do know on the force really seem to enjoy it.

Thanks Jared It might be a stretch, but it's a life long dream I've always had so I thought... no time better than the present! I'll let ya know how it goes

post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 09:38 AM
yes, jluv

Quote:
Thanks Jared It might be a stretch, but it's a life long dream I've always had so I thought... no time better than the present! I'll let ya know how it goes

Plus, you'll have real handcuffs!
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Plus, you'll have real handcuffs!

and they're so much more excicting than those furry ones... always getting tangled up and shit

I just wanna taze someone

post #31 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Well you're talking about from the Poly? You either lie or you don't. And if you lie you'll fail and get dq'd. But if they don't like something in your background or like anything that you put in the Big app you won't get that far?

I was never told why i wasn't hired and why i was dq'd. But my background investigator called me a week after i got my DQ asking for a girl that had my info as hers. My cell number my house number and my address all under her name. So I dunno who screwed up.

But I figure if you get to the poly then they do not have a problem with your application? I'm not sure though just saying. Being worried during the poly will make you fail.

post #32 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm over it!

I would think that as long as you have not done anything in the last 5 years or so it shouldnt matter. I hardly know anyone that has not touched some type of drug in their life. In my opinion, i think it would be more beneficial for someone to have some sort of past so they know what to look for...ya know. Anyways carry on

Good luck Kim. I always wanted to be a cop.
post #33 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Time Served

By reading some of the above I ive done cocaine about 2 times back in CA, about 3 or 4yrs ago, pot as well. but gave that up about not to long after i tried it..well F it, im still gonna apply, gonna keep my hopes up, be positive and truthful...
post #34 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 11:00 PM
wassup gangstas?

paladin, how many slots yall looking to fill?

Quote:
By reading some of the above I ive done cocaine about 2 times back in CA, about 3 or 4yrs ago, pot as well. but gave that up about not to long after i tried it..well F it, im still gonna apply, gonna keep my hopes up, be positive and truthful...
not to be a dickhead but dont keep your hopes up too much. thats just the way it goes in this field...
post #35 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Time Served

Done...& as of now i wait till i get a response correct?
post #36 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewozzy View Post

not to be a dickhead but dont keep your hopes up too much. thats just the way it goes in this field...
A dick? not at all.. just dont wanna think too negative you know what i mean...Did the app online, asked if i did the certain drugs and answered yes to them. but will see in time what goes on..If all fails, i will pursue myself on enlisting in the service..
post #37 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 12:08 AM
wassup gangstas?

Quote:
A dick? not at all.. just dont wanna think too negative you know what i mean...Did the app online, asked if i did the certain drugs and answered yes to them. but will see in time what goes on..If all fails, i will pursue myself on enlisting in the service..
good stuff. keep your head up and definitely a good backup plan.
post #38 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 AM
Time Served

Quote:
good stuff. keep your head up and definitely a good backup plan.
thats right, cant rely just on one plan, gotta have more then 1 backed up...
post #39 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I don't mean to be the crasher of the party here, but I believe no major law enforcement agency will accept you if you admit to having ever taken ANY illegal drugs. They will usually respond with something like, "We truly appreciate your honesty and truthfulness but in light of this information we regret to inform you that we must decline your application". And no, I've never been sent that letter, but have read a few when I used to do ride-alongs and such.
post #40 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Sailor View Post
I don't mean to be the crasher of the party here, but I believe no major law enforcement agency will accept you if you admit to having ever taken ANY illegal drugs. They will usually respond with something like, "We truly appreciate your honesty and truthfulness but in light of this information we regret to inform you that we must decline your application". And no, I've never been sent that letter, but have read a few when I used to do ride-alongs and such.
Well i know that isn't true. I know many people who are in and got in while saying yes they used illegal drugs.

post #41 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I haven't checked recently, but I was told we are trying for 3 academies fiscal year 2011 to fill 80 spots. I bet there will be over 10K applications.

Quote:
I am not sure our exact policy, but drug use in a casual way over 5 years prior is considered acceptable. There just aren't many people now who haven't tried drugs anymore. I never did, but my generation had drug users and those who didn't. It seems to be a right of passage now like drinking a beer did at a HS party was for me.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by Paladin; 07-22-2010 at 10:50 AM.
post #42 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Well i know that isn't true. I know many people who are in and got in while saying yes they used illegal drugs.

Were you also there when they admitted it?
post #43 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson View Post
I would think that as long as you have not done anything in the last 5 years or so it shouldnt matter. I hardly know anyone that has not touched some type of drug in their life. In my opinion, i think it would be more beneficial for someone to have some sort of past so they know what to look for...ya know. Anyways carry on

Good luck Kim. I always wanted to be a cop.

Thanks girl! I'll let you know how it goes!

post #44 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I haven't checked recently, but I was told we are trying for 3 academies fiscal year 2011 to fill 80 spots. I bet there will be over 10K applications.

I am not sure our exact policy, but drug use in a casual way over 5 years prior is considered acceptable. There just aren't many people now who haven't tried drugs anymore. I never did, but my generation had drug users and those who didn't. It seems to be a right of passage now like drinking a beer did at a HS party was for me.

Must be getting pretty desperate these days, not too offend anyone. That's a far cry from what used to be the standard.
post #45 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
May the Force be w/you

Letting my brother know now!!
post #46 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm over it!

What if you can't remember how long ago your drug use was lol?
post #47 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson View Post
What if you can't remember how long ago your drug use was lol?

Try to remember which event spurred said consumption and time line it accordingly

I had to google an old PanterA concert for one of my questions

post #48 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Were you also there when they admitted it?
One is my wife so i saw the application. Good enough? And they did ask her the question during her poly.

post #49 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm over it!

Quote:
Try to remember which event spurred said consumption and time line it accordingly

I had to google an old PanterA concert for one of my questions
Yeah I still have no clue hahahahah
post #50 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
One is my wife so i saw the application. Good enough? And they did ask her the question during her poly.

Don't get all defensive, it was more of a rhetorical question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement