finance, management, office work, etc. positions available? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.

finance, management, office work, etc. positions available?

Looking for some white collar work. Previously a loan officer, extensive underwriting experience, clerical, administrative, etc. Type 110wpm accurately, A+, MCSE, CISCO certified - experience in help desk IT, game development, VBS programming, QA etc. Also certified ford technician, but no longer turning wrenches. Looking for any positions available, should be able to fit right in anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Genetically Blessed

Best of luck. I know it's brutal right now, especially in finance. I might know of a company...what's your finance experience? I know you said you have past experience in underwriting and as a loan officer. I just don't know how much/what type of financial analysis those positions entail. If you're around tonight, give me a call. I'll fill you in on what might (that's a big might) be available and see how your experience could translate.

214-577-4431
Jody

Last edited by slow99; 05-22-2009 at 09:04 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Lifer

Can you expand on the Cisco cert as well? Depending upon that I may have a lead for you as well.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Factory Issue

Want to do some gaming? An ex of mine works for Blizzard, and they're always looking for folks. It's in Austin, though.

Give me a dollar.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Colorado Dreamin'

CitiMortgage has a shit-ton of jobs posted, some of which may be a good blend for your mortagage experience and IT.

http://careers.citigroup.com/careers...homepage.aspx#

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Colorado Dreamin'

Also, I went through the interview process for B of A / Countrywide for a loan officer role a month or so ago and it was pretty easy having experience. Check out their site. I ultimately withdrew after finding out that they have a 4 month training program for LO's so it would be at least 5 months before seeing commission. The base is $30k and I couldn't survive on that for 5 months. They probably have some underwriting stuff too. If you can get through the 5 months you should be able to pull in $50 - $60k pretty easily. It's all refi stuff preventing run off. Just don't expect it to be long term. If rates start going up in a year they will start cutting sales.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Texas Gumballer

man here are a couple of sites for that game experience. There are several gaming companies here locally. I can look into some contact info for you if you are interested.

creativecow.net
productionhub.com
cgtalk.com
mandy.com

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
Also, I went through the interview process for B of A / Countrywide for a loan officer role a month or so ago and it was pretty easy having experience. Check out their site. I ultimately withdrew after finding out that they have a 4 month training program for LO's so it would be at least 5 months before seeing commission. The base is $30k and I couldn't survive on that for 5 months. They probably have some underwriting stuff too. If you can get through the 5 months you should be able to pull in $50 - $60k pretty easily. It's all refi stuff preventing run off. Just don't expect it to be long term. If rates start going up in a year they will start cutting sales.
I've applied at countrywide numerous times, never heard anything... I have no idea who exactly is applying but for some reason 10 years experience isn't enough. I'll give it another shot though.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoSS View Post
man here are a couple of sites for that game experience. There are several gaming companies here locally. I can look into some contact info for you if you are interested.

creativecow.net
productionhub.com
cgtalk.com
mandy.com
I'm familiar with some of those sites. Are you in the industry?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:36 AM
duh...duh....duh

So, are those IT certifications expired? Can you expand on "CISCO certified?" MCSE, NT 4.0 or more current?

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I've applied at countrywide numerous times, never heard anything... I have no idea who exactly is applying but for some reason 10 years experience isn't enough. I'll give it another shot though.
That happened to me as well. I think what got me the call back was I met with a recruiter at an event they were holding at the TWC office. They were only recruiting for collectors but I gave the recruiter a couple of hard copy resumes and wrote on them what I was looking for. She agreed to pass them along to the appropriate recruiters. I got a call about 2 weeks later so I have to assume that was the reason. They do those fairly often, register on the work in texas site (http://www.twc.state.tx.us/jobs/job.html) and they will list upcoming events.

I have a contact info of the guy I interviewed with and he was a pretty cool guy, you can try to shoot him an email too, maybe he can personally send your resume to the recruiters which will help get you a call back. It's always worth a shot.

90 Bronco

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
So, are those IT certifications expired? Can you expand on "CISCO certified?" MCSE, NT 4.0 or more current?
Well they don't really expire, they just become obsolete I suppose. My MCSE is for windows 2000, server, advanced server - that was in 2002. Cisco cert was CCNA did that in 2002 as well.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:01 AM
duh...duh....duh

Cisco certifications expire in 2 year (CCIE) and 3 year (Everything else) periods unless recert or otherwise updated.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le..._training.html

MS certs...well, those certs don't count anyway. As you said them and the A+ just go obsolete.

You seem like a cool dude, definetly will keep my ear open but from me it will be all Cisco/Networking jobs. If that does not interest you, let me know.

My '03 Sold.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Cisco certifications expire in 2 year (CCIE) and 3 year (Everything else) periods unless recert or otherwise updated.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le..._training.html

MS certs...well, those certs don't count anyway. As you said them and the A+ just go obsolete.

You seem like a cool dude, definetly will keep my ear open but from me it will be all Cisco/Networking jobs. If that does not interest you, let me know.
The reason I never updated the certs is I never went into the field. What's your opinion on it, is it work going back and updating my cisco certs? I don't have much of any IT experience outside of contract work here and there, mostly consultation. I figured it wouldn't even be worth it.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:11 AM
duh...duh....duh

I'm thinking at this point any job you'd get in IT would just hold you over until you got a job that would really pay the bills. I order to make a damned good salary it requires a bunch of certs and a bunch of experience in numerous environments. You mention HD experience, but I suspect your salary doing other things exceeded that HD pay.

For you I was actually contemplating checking into a couple of ISDs that I work with. The financial side indicates that you could handle a budget and maybe do so in an IT department.

There is good money in IT, but it may take you longer then you wish to get there. Plus, you'd have to jump jobs several times as stepping stones to get there as well.

My '03 Sold.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
I'm thinking at this point any job you'd get in IT would just hold you over until you got a job that would really pay the bills. I order to make a damned good salary it requires a bunch of certs and a bunch of experience in numerous environments. You mention HD experience, but I suspect your salary doing other things exceeded that HD pay.

For you I was actually contemplating checking into a couple of ISDs that I work with. The financial side indicates that you could handle a budget and maybe do so in an IT department.

There is good money in IT, but it may take you longer then you wish to get there. Plus, you'd have to jump jobs several times as stepping stones to get there as well.
I'm just tired of sitting around the house, not really concerned with what I do the way the economy is, my degree and experience is all in the finance industry - which right now doesn't really exist. Right now I would work anything, including help desk positions - just to pay the bills and something I can work while I'm in school again. If you happen to know anything, I'd really appreciate it. Just sick of being unemployed and looking for finance positions which don't really exist.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Licking the windows!

Ex-Countrywide here... run, don't walk the other way.

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoSS View Post

creativecow.net
productionhub.com
cgtalk.com
mandy.com

Mandy.com is garbage. I finally gave up on it earlier this year.

cgtalk is a message board, not sure how that one applies.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
If you want, shoot me a PM with your contact info. I'm still here plugging away and can pass on your info as they are big on referrals.

Be warned, it's a cubicle farm and micro-managed all to hell, but if you just do your job with your head down you can make some money.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Licking the windows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX View Post
If you want, shoot me a PM with your contact info. I'm still here plugging away and can pass on your info as they are big on referrals.

Be warned, it's a cubicle farm and micro-managed all to hell, but if you just do your job with your head down you can make some money.
Plano or Amon Carter?

David

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Frequent Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MireFire 2.0 View Post
Plano or Amon Carter?

David

Plano
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 AM
Texas Gumballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Mandy.com is garbage. I finally gave up on it earlier this year.

cgtalk is a message board, not sure how that one applies.
mandy is a hit and miss site for me. I know of people use it to advertise for equipment services and overseas work.

cgtalk has a job search tab. which i have used for some freelance work.
here is the link
http://jobs.cgsociety.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
I'm familiar with some of those sites. Are you in the industry?
not the gaming industry, i work on commercials, and features.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
<~ Mrs Poohdogger I work for B of A/CW in the HRD collections dept they are busy
as heck it's phone work kind of Stressful!!!
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Time Served

Hey CJ i was speaking to a Personal Banker at JP Morgan Chase, i think they might still be hiring, check it online, ill give you a call with more info... its the Main Branch in Arlington on Bowen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement