Halliburton is looking for machinists (Carrollton plant) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Old School

Halliburton is looking for machinists (Carrollton plant)

Lathe, Mill, CNC, possibly quality control and inspection. The Carrollton facility (located where Webb Chapel deadends into Beltline) makes subsurface oil tools. The nature of the business makes this a HUGE custom shop so a machinist will always be challenged with new parts to make, rather than making the same thing over and over again. The business is expanding which is why they are mainly looking for second(Mon-Thur 2-12(i think)) and weekend (Friday-Sun) shift...but there could be some first shift positions as well. Below is the company email sent out. As you can see they are looking to hire a TON of people. Just show up and come check it out if you you have machining experience. They have computers on site to where you can enter your information.

If you go to the Job Fair please put me (Trevor Bishop) as who referred you
__________________________________________________ _________
Machinist Job Fair
Saturday, July 12, 2008
9:00am 3:00pm

This Saturday we will be holding a Job Fair at the Carrollton facility for experienced machinists only. We are targeting 25 30 positions on the 2nd shift and weekend shift to fill immediately. We are also hoping to get a good supply of applicants for additional opening over the next 2 months. Qualified machinist applicants will be asked to fill out applications on-line, be given a plant tour and those with the desired experience will be interviewed. Following the interview, applicants demonstrating the desired experience could be offered positions that day. Others may be thanked for coming in or possibly scheduled to come back for a second interview at a later date.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Lathe, Mill, CNC, possibly quality control and inspection. The Carrollton facility (located where Webb Chapel deadends into Beltline) makes subsurface oil tools. The nature of the business makes this a HUGE custom shop so a machinist will always be challenged with new parts to make, rather than making the same thing over and over again. The business is expanding which is why they are mainly looking for second(Mon-Thur 2-12(i think)) and weekend (Friday-Sun) shift...but there could be some first shift positions as well. Below is the company email sent out. As you can see they are looking to hire a TON of people. Just show up and come check it out if you you have machining experience. They have computers on site to where you can enter your information.

If you go to the Job Fair please put me (Trevor Bishop) as who referred you
__________________________________________________ _________
Machinist Job Fair
Saturday, July 12, 2008
9:00am 3:00pm

This Saturday we will be holding a Job Fair at the Carrollton facility for experienced machinists only. We are targeting 25 30 positions on the 2nd shift and weekend shift to fill immediately. We are also hoping to get a good supply of applicants for additional opening over the next 2 months. Qualified machinist applicants will be asked to fill out applications on-line, be given a plant tour and those with the desired experience will be interviewed. Following the interview, applicants demonstrating the desired experience could be offered positions that day. Others may be thanked for coming in or possibly scheduled to come back for a second interview at a later date.
CNC or conventional? What brand of CNC lathes do they have? I'm interested and will put you down as a referral.

Thanks,
Mike

87 GN...just some shiny wheels.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Old School

I could check tomorrow. I am on the design side so dont have a TON of knowledge of the machinery. A majority is CNC nowadays. As far as brands, they have a bunch of different types/brands as what the facility machines varies from something the size of a penny to something 40ft long and 18 inches in diameter. I have noticed alot of the newer machines going in are Mori Seiki

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
I could check tomorrow. I am on the design side so dont have a TON of knowledge of the machinery. A majority is CNC nowadays. As far as brands, they have a bunch of different types/brands as what the facility machines varies from something the size of a penny to something 40ft long and 18 inches in diameter. I have noticed alot of the newer machines going in are Mori Seiki
Thats what I needed to know. I'm looking forword to the fair.

87 GN...just some shiny wheels.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Sure Shot

Do you happen to know Cody Hoeinghaus?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Time Served

I spent a year in Halliburtons Alvarado machine shop and all of our CNCs were Mori Seki(sp). I would be williing to bet that Carrollton uses them too. There are some open machines in Alvarado for those on this side of the metroplex and we can always use more field hands in Frac

JOSH
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Time Served

By chance looking for a CMM programmer... I know Calypso, MCOSMOS & GeoMeasure. Was actually talking to someone in Houston about a month ago but the contact fizzeled out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement