I Need An Oilfield Job... I wanna be on 7 off 7 too! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

I Need An Oilfield Job... I wanna be on 7 off 7 too!

I need the hook-up with someone working on an oil rig such as Patterson, Nabors, Precision Drilling,H&P, & Union... I saw the guy posting up for Haliburton so I thought I'd run this by everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 04:48 PM

i know BAY LTD, BRAND are hiring for pipe fitters in Corpus, i didnt get hired due to -0- experiance, even with a friend in the office were they take the applications.

Last edited by vicma762004; 03-18-2008 at 05:29 PM.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 PM
mannish boy

usually 7&7 or 14&14 = offshore

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

I am wanting something around the ft. worth area.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 08:22 PM
mannish boy

if you can find 7&7 on land, hook me up!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Time Served

We work 14-7 in my department for Halliburton

90 Model Gt.. Customed Painted kinda darker Red with 2 silver stripes.... 347 cubic inch. Scat Forged crank, Scat Forged H beam rods, J&E pistons, TFS stage 2 cam, main girdle, 1.72 scorpions, Edelbrock Victor 5.0 intake, 70mm tb, Dart SR cast iron heads, 75mm pro M, 42lb injectors, 255 intake pump,255 walbro in-line pump, in line fuel filter, 8-an line, Aeromotive Regulator,steeda 1/2in Fuel rails, NX wet kit .....With a fully built C-4 and 3,200 stall Now we are talkin some FUCKIN MUSCLE......
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter

me too...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
I need the hook-up with someone working on an oil rig such as Patterson, Nabors, Precision Drilling,H&P, & Union... I saw the guy posting up for Haliburton so I thought I'd run this by everyone.
Good luck. Even on rigs, most people are being run around the clock. Why work on a rig? There are plenty of decent jobs in the oilfield right now paying well where you are less likely to lose limbs. There are alot of junkies working the rigs i've been out to lately.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue88lx
Good luck. Even on rigs, most people are being run around the clock. Why work on a rig? There are plenty of decent jobs in the oilfield right now paying well where you are less likely to lose limbs. There are alot of junkies working the rigs i've been out to lately.

what do you call decent with a 7 or 14 on and 7 off? what jobs in the oilfield that are not on call 24/7. the rig jobs seem to be the only ones with a set schedule that i can see. let me know thanx in advance.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I love Meat.

My best friend works in Colorado for H&P on two weeks, off two weeks.

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue88lx

A lot of the companies are drug testing pretty regularly these days aren't they?
I was in the Water Well Drilling industry for a while and worked with a couple of Roughnecks and they said when they were on rigs they were tested.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Oh
A lot of the companies are drug testing pretty regularly these days aren't they?
I was in the Water Well Drilling industry for a while and worked with a couple of Roughnecks and they said when they were on rigs they were tested.
doesn't mean they don't blow all their money on drugs on their hitch off!

and a lot of places, if you piss hot but your'e a hard worker, they make you attend a drug awareness class on your hitch off and you're back to work
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Oh
A lot of companies say a lot of shit. I love the 30 second safety meetings too. Some of the righands I worked with scared the shit out of me. Dropping tools from the floor down by the wellhead, using chains to hoist the BOP stacks, not pumping out around the wellhead (I almost fell in the mouse hole once, btw), Smoking around the open hole, etc, etc....The list goes on. It sure is a dangerous field. If you have a good Toolpusher, then it will be pretty good though.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
my sisters boyfriend works local at one of the drilling companies and works 7/7s

I think the 14/14 is definitely only offshore though, screw that
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Time Served

Frac crews are hiring anybody right now... Were behind as it is... Were not 7&7 though, kinda just work 5&2 unless were out on a big job then it may be 21 on and maybe 2-3 off, lol...

resident redneck
'88 Dime -aka- Dirty
'08 Cummins in a Dodge -aka- Smoke Screen
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Its 9 A.M Cockadoodle Doo

My bro works for Chevron(maintenace crew) on 7/off7 in Gulf.

89' Notchback "Turbo Project"
93' Hatchback "N/A"
01' Platinum Edition F250

Don't Buy parts from SleeperGTS!!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

dam ive been trying to get on. looking for good benifits and such and really care about the hours it would be nice to have the weekends but 7 on and 7 off would be cool to or even working at the dispatcher would be good. any leads or any insides
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraaapppp
dam ive been trying to get on. looking for good benifits and such and really care about the hours it would be nice to have the weekends but 7 on and 7 off would be cool to or even working at the dispatcher would be good. any leads or any insides
Got a cdl? Could come work with Josh and I in Gainesville.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

no but i could get them working w/company
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Time Served

any electricians on oil fields, I've been thinking about it for a little while, how much they make do you get a company truck.
I'm a journeyman with plc experience, universal a/c certified and seriously don't wanna do any 24/7 unless the money is good.
I been looking into the offshore they seem kinda good.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

wtf

well first off a drug and alcohol test can and has happened at any time, there was a guy he blew a 0.02 bac... gone, run off, history. the safety meetings are half an hour not 30 seconds, if you are suspected to be under the influence, go pee and have a seat. I am not saying that the oil field is the safest place to work but it is as safe as you make it, if you had been making a hand maybe you wouldn't have stepped into the damn mouse-hole, and 7&7 is what most of the crews around ft worth are working, now if your working on junk for a sorry pusher well find another place to work....yes i am in the oil field on a drilling rig, yes it is dangerous, yes its hard work, NO it is NOT for everyone......"if you can't keep up, DON'T step up........
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
I used to work 7 and 7 in south Texas. Dimebox / Giddens area.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
easy try big dog drilling or udi

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

LOL ITS LIKE THAT PART IN THE MOVIE PEARL HARBOR WHEN THE GUY SAYS "I HAD A GIRLFRIEND ONCE" AND EVERYONE ELSE SAID ................... "THATS GREAT"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake1996
I used to work 7 and 7 in south Texas. Dimebox / Giddens area.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing19
Got a cdl? Could come work with Josh and I in Gainesville.
MORE INFO? WHERE IN GAINESVILLE?
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraaapppp
LOL ITS LIKE THAT PART IN THE MOVIE PEARL HARBOR WHEN THE GUY SAYS "I HAD A GIRLFRIEND ONCE" AND EVERYONE ELSE SAID ................... "THATS GREAT"
He said that it was usually in th gulf. Giddens and Dimebox are not in the gulf. Dumb ass!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

get ur cdl and go haul water. I make 20 an hour here in oklahoma soing that and i heard u guys over there r busier so u should make more
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50
well first off a drug and alcohol test can and has happened at any time, there was a guy he blew a 0.02 bac... gone, run off, history. the safety meetings are half an hour not 30 seconds, if you are suspected to be under the influence, go pee and have a seat. I am not saying that the oil field is the safest place to work but it is as safe as you make it, if you had been making a hand maybe you wouldn't have stepped into the damn mouse-hole, and 7&7 is what most of the crews around ft worth are working, now if your working on junk for a sorry pusher well find another place to work....yes i am in the oil field on a drilling rig, yes it is dangerous, yes its hard work, NO it is NOT for everyone......"if you can't keep up, DON'T step up........
You are working for a better company then, hopefully more $$$ than the others too. But it is rare. I am not at liberty to mention names of companies, but there are still plenty of rigs operating as they did 20 yrs. ago in west texas. Your're right, it's not safe. It is hard work. If you are willing to work that hard and are safe, there are plenty of people out there right now to pay you more on a safer position. Though, if you have 1 yr. experience right now you can be the driller. Be careful out there.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50
Damn mouse hole is what ended it all for me. My fuckin driller wasn't watchin what he was doing. We was goin back in the hole and there wasn't anyone in place to tail the pipe. I tried to get to it before it was too late and I got slammed by the pipe an thrown about 6 or 8 feet, butt into the mouse hole. Broke my back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement