Below is the job desc. If interested let me know because I get referral credit. This is not help desk or anything for beginners.
SYMANTEC has a high end technical services/support offering called Business Critical Services (BCS). BCS is an organization within SYMANTEC that provides the highest level of technical support and services to the top enterprise customers who purchase a premium contract. BCS is highly visible within the executive team at SYMANTEC due to the program’s high success in customer satisfaction and revenue protection.
A key position in this program is the Business Critical Account Manager, which has 24/7/365 on call responsibilities. The BCAM is assigned to these paying customers, and becomes an extension of the account team (Sales Account Manager and Systems Engineer) that services the customer. There are a number of proactive deliverables and reactive responsibilities that accompany the program that the BCAM is accountable for.
The Business Critical organization is responsible for delivery of the highest level of service and support available to SYMANTEC End User customers.
• The Business Critical Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining committed relationships with regional BCS customers, managing the customer’s support service experience and investment.
• The BCAM will be instrumental in meeting cross service objectives within BCS accounts.
• The BCAM identifies opportunities to provide proactive, preventative activities to reduce the number of issues experienced and optimize SYMANTEC solutions and services revenues.
• Ability to understand and articulate a customer’s business and the impact SYMANTEC solutions have on that business
• Proactively manage the relationships with other SYMANTEC service organizations that touch your assigned accounts.
• Develop strong relationships with internal personnel in all functional areas of SYMANTEC
• Proactively resolve technical support and product issues through technical support, engineering, and product management
• Understand and communicate updates on open issues
• Engage and manage resources when fly to site is necessary
• Proactively introduce cross services to customers to ensure optimal SYMANTEC services penetration and anticipate preventative opportunities
• Ensure the official deliverables of BCS are delivered to customers
• Drive and maintain customer satisfaction levels to the highest levels and achieve official customer references from accounts
• Understand and represent the immediate and consequential value of Business Critical Services
• Provide accurate and timely reporting to meet both internal and customer requirements
• A single point of contact, available 24x7 on-call for each account.
• At least 5 years’ experience within the information technology industry with some experience in the software industry
• Proven experience of interfacing at senior levels within large organizations
• Proven problem analysis and solving skills
• Possess the ability to plan and drive projects to completion by teaming across multiple organizations
• Exhibits effective relationship building skills and ability to build confidence at a senior level
• Accountable for decisions and commitments, works within the governance requirements of SYMANTEC
• Possess a knowledge and appreciation of SYMANTEC’ marketplace and its major competitors and be able to strategic and tactical decisions based on general market knowledge
• Strong communications and presentation skills
• High level working knowledge of SYMANTEC products and services
• Accustomed to working on an on-call 24x7 basis.