Insurance: Auto Claim Representative
This is for a person who already has at least their P&C license. This is for handling relatively non-complex auto property damage claims.
Job Title: Express Representative FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Unit Manager Approved Date: 01/05/07
Express Representative handles claims of minor complexity for expeditious resolution. Duties of this position includes providing prompt service for first and third party customers while exercising analytical abilities to determine liability and exposures needing triaged for appropriate handling. An Express Representative will gain general understanding of the claims handling process based on Esurance guidelines. Claims will be handled in a phone-adjusting environment using Preferred shops, Field Appraisers, and approved Independent Adjusters for all property damage exposures.
• Obtains and analyzes facts of loss to determine liability and exposures for handling
• Identifies higher level exposures and refers files or features to management for triage.
• Sends necessary correspondence as it relates to the claim and Department of Insurance regulations
• Monitors and updates customers at various stages of the claims and repair process to ensure expeditious service
• Uses Esurance systems to properly document files and process claims.
• Promptly identifies and transfers total loss features to the Total Loss Unit for settlement handling
• Identifies referrals, completes proper summaries and forwards files to subrogation for collection in a timely manner
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Team Player who can assist others as needed
• Solid computer skills and use with MS Office Products
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of claims customer service experience are required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.