Work from home? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
tired

Work from home?

I am looking to work from home due to the new baby and our other daughter needing help with schoolwork, etc. I see all these ads for work from home. Do you guys know of any that are legit. Ones where I don't have to send in $350 and wait for them to send me paperwork or software.
I'm experienced mainly in A/P but can do just about all office work. Thanks in advance.

Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
I wish. It seems to me like these fuckers are multiplying like Gizmo in a jacuzzi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Lifer

good luck! ive been trying to find something like that for a while that i can do on the weekends... they all seem kinda "scam-ish" to me...

Daniel's RV-7:

Empenage - Done
Wings - 98.5% Done
Fuselage - Bulkheads...

http://www.danielhv.com
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
tired

Thanks for the well wishes. My current employer is going to let me work from home for a little bit after having the baby, but I'd like to do it permanently.

Quote:
I wish. It seems to me like these fuckers are multiplying like Gizmo in a jacuzzi.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 09:47 AM
mannish boy

go above and beyond and really do an awesome job while you're at home, and then write up a little proposal on why you think it would be best if you can continue to work from home. if they still don't bite, offer to take a pay cut that would put you at the same take-home after paying for fuel and parking
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Lifer

If you've got a teaching degree of some sort you can go to www.tutor.com and tutor kids from home over the internet.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
go above and beyond and really do an awesome job while you're at home, and then write up a little proposal on why you think it would be best if you can continue to work from home. if they still don't bite, offer to take a pay cut that would put you at the same take-home after paying for fuel and parking
That's a good thought. They told me that I can take 1-2 months off and work from home. My boss said to just call and let her know when I'm ready to come back. I guess I can just stretch it out as long as possible. I'll probably be aching to go back after spending that long with the kids.
<~~I don't have very much patience.

Quote:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Time Served

Check out Live Ops. It's an at-home call center job where you answer the phone and take orders for everything from knife sets and exercise crap to Sears warranty repair and Shop NBC - you name it. You need a land line phone number and a decent Internet connection and computer. Set your own hours and schedule. It's all scripted and automated so it's pretty straight-forward/easy.

If you Google Live Ops you'll find them. Good luck.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pencil
Check out Live Ops. It's an at-home call center job where you answer the phone and take orders for everything from knife sets and exercise crap to Sears warranty repair and Shop NBC - you name it. You need a land line phone number and a decent Internet connection and computer. Set your own hours and schedule. It's all scripted and automated so it's pretty straight-forward/easy.

If you Google Live Ops you'll find them. Good luck.
Thanks. I'm not really a big call center fan, but I've gotta do some kind of work. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Quote:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Lifer

Medical paperwork processing, transcriing charts etc. pays well. My aunt has been doing this from home for ages. Now that my uncle has retired from the school system, he helps out and htey are doing even better than before. Not sure how to get in on it, but you might want to do some investigation.

"Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine." Elvis Presley

Dana
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm on a boat.

PM "Skidmark" on here. He works from home, but I'm not exactly sure what he does, or if there's a way to get in on it.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter
Yep - a good point in working from home is that they don't have to pay for your space that you occupy at the office.

Having a dedicated internet line to your cube is $$$ monthly
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
http://christianet.3stepplan.com/con...qr3kpyd&cid=25

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement