My company has an opening for a network admin. Apply at the URL below.
Title: Manager, Network Administration
Req #: pq-00001384
Location: Dallas, TX
Department: Voyager IT Operations/Applicat - 00V0094
Job Purpose (Summary): Design and implement integrated network and server solutions for all entities and locations within the Voyager family of companies.
Essential Job Functions (list):
1) Primary architect of all network and server solutions providing integrated services to all companies
2) Implement and support hardware and software products that ensure a high degree of security for company resources including intrusion prevention, virus and spam protection
3) Implement and support tools that monitor hardware and network performance and provide real time alerts
4) Coordinate and manage Network Administration priorities for all companies
5) Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure adequate support for purchased products
6) Set up and maintain all company mail and web domains
7) Work closely with business groups to understand and forecast current and future needs
Additional Job Functions (list):
1) Monitor and maintain data backups
2) Ensure adequate after hours and weekend support for all critical business functions
3) Administer network firewalls, routers and switches for all companies
4) Forecast budget requirements and track all expenses to budget
5) Direct Supervision = 2 (responsible for performance management, hiring and discharge decisions)
Required Skills and Abilities (including Education and Experience):
1) Experience with network design/architect including remote locations
2) Experience configuring/troubleshooting LAN/WAN networks
3) Experience administering Windows/Linux based servers, internal and external mail systems, and system security.
4) Experience configuring/troubleshooting load balancer hardware
5) Strong communication skills with the ability to develop written designs, proposals and project plans and to communicate on a technical and business level.
6)Previous experience managing Network/Systems Administration staff including setting goals and objectives and performance planning.
Preferred Skills and Abilities (including Education and Experience):
1) Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or related field, with multiple years of broad based experience.
2) Experience with Cisco and Juniper network hardware
3) Experience with SOX audit preparation