Mechanically inclined/hands on type looking for good job - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Mechanically inclined/hands on type looking for good job

as the title says, i am very mechanically inclined and dont mind gettin my hands into things. I would really like to get into the IT field honestly, i have been building and repairing desktop PCs for 6 years on the side. I am extremely knowledgeable on hardware and know my way around Windows pretty good. However my main focus has always been metal fabrication and design. I have 9 years experience designing and fabricating chassis. I think i also might like some sort of maintence job where i get to work on different things. Looking for something closer to ftworth that pays decent. I might consider something futher away if the pay makes it worth it. Just thought id see if anyone knew of anything, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammy
as the title says, i am very mechanically inclined and dont mind gettin my hands into things. I would really like to get into the IT field honestly, i have been building and repairing desktop PCs for 6 years on the side. I am extremely knowledgeable on hardware and know my way around Windows pretty good. However my main focus has always been metal fabrication and design. I have 9 years experience designing and fabricating chassis. I think i also might like some sort of maintence job where i get to work on different things. Looking for something closer to ftworth that pays decent. I might consider something futher away if the pay makes it worth it. Just thought id see if anyone knew of anything, thanks.

Everyone who knows who Sammy is knows what kind of bas ass suspension work he does.

Damn dude this is Agiraldo form the dfwminis days

Good luck bro.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Hey man, yea i remember ya. You still on Minis? I gotta look for another job, i was doing land surveying for about 8 months until i basically got laid off. Really wouldnt mind messing with computers but its hard to explain my experience when all my work history has been with cars and the like!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Please send me your resume...

Here is my official listing.

Technical Consulting Positions – Noria Reliability Solutions (NRS)

Reports: Vice President, Noria Reliability Solutions

Salary: Commensurate with qualifications & experience

Location: Consultants can be located anywhere in the Continental U.S. provided they have practical access to an airport

Description: Noria Reliability Solutions (NRS), the training & consulting division of Noria Corporation is experiencing unprecedented growth both domestically and internationally. Due in large part to our unique approach to designing world-class lubrication programs for major corporate clients, several opportunities exist for motivated, ambitious, Technical Consultants within NRS. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to build a career with an established leader in the area of machinery lubrication and oil analysis, where career growth is based on ability, contribution and leadership.

NRS is currently looking to hire several individuals to support our expanding business and growth plans. Positions will be filled based on a combination experience in a field related to our competencies of machinery lubrication, fluid contamination control and oil analysis though for our junior positions, we are more interested in candidates with an appropriate personality which combines passion and motivation, with an intrinsic curiosity about mechanical systems and a desire to learn.

Candidates are requested to apply for one of the named positions below. Included in the application should be a current and up-to-date resume along with a statement outlining how the candidates’ qualifications, experience and personality might match the profiles outlined below. Candidates are encouraged to self identify the position for which they feel most qualified.

Senior Technical Consultants (STC)

Senior Technical Consultants are expected to bring a high level of technical competency in one of more of our core business area (machinery lubrication, oil analysis and contamination control). Based on a combination of educational background, which ideally includes a bachelors degree in mechanical, chemical or engineering technology and/or significant in-plant experience, an STC is expected to provide value to our clients through the delivery of public and onsite training, management of lubrication program design projects and editorial contributions to Noria’s award winning magazines and annual conference.

In addition to serving our clients, STC’s are expected to provide additional value through the coaching and mentoring of junior team members, contributing to the development of intellectual property and supporting sales and marketing efforts with key clients.

Technical Consultants (TC)

Technical consultants are expected to serve predominantly as part of a lubrication program design (LPD) team under the guidance of an STC Project Manager. In this role, the TC will serve our clients by designing and developing world-class lubrication program using our proven LPD process and proprietary design software. In addition to working on LPD projects, TC are also expected to develop and hone their knowledge and skills in writing and presenting articles and papers for our magazines and conference, and provide basic awareness training to in-plant personnel. It is anticipated that a TC will have an appropriate educational background (bachelor’s degree in mechanical, chemical or engineering technology) and in some in-plant experience to allow them to transition to an STC role, after suitable experience, knowledge and competency has been exhibited.

Associate Technical Consultants (ATC)

Associate Technical Consultants are typically recent mechanical, chemical or engineering technology graduates who have the desire, personality and skills to develop into a TC and later STC. While in-plant experience is not required, preference will be given to those candidates who have demonstrated a passion for mechanical system through a coop program, summer internship or other experience with mechanical equipment. ATC’s will typically be assigned to an LPD project group under the guidance of an STC to learn the business of lubrication excellence and will be offered an unprecedented opportunity to further their education through attendance to Noria and other training classes.

For all three roles (STC, TC and ATC) successful candidates will be expected to travel a minimum of 50% to support ongoing projects. Relocation is not required though successful candidates are expected to reside close enough to a major airport to give easy access to projects throughout the Continental US & Canada.

Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, Noria offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, 401k, Section 125 (Flexible Spending Account), paid vacation, sick leave, holiday’s, and Workers’ Compensation.

In accordance with US INS regulations, this job advertisement is directed to US permanent residence and green card holders. Suitably qualified candidates from other NAFTA countries ( Canada and Mexico) are also encouraged to apply.

Noria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

If interested, please send a resume to Jeremy Wright at [email protected]

www.opalfrostgt.corral.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement