Anyone know of a company needing to hire a drafter? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

Anyone know of a company needing to hire a drafter?

I am looking for a company that needs to hire an AutoCAD drafter. Anyone know of some places I might apply at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 06:15 PM
Hanging on ropes

what type of drafting do you do? i started my career as a draftsman (now working as a consultant) and might know of some places, if you have the right experience.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

well, one of my former employers is a company that manufactures truck accessories and i was the quality control manager of the plant and was involved in designing new models and revising old ones to make them more material efficient. i would draw the different brackets in a 2D layout showing whrere to bend the metal and to what angle and also show exactly where to punch the holes for bolting up. with the 2D flat layout drawn, i would draw a 3D of the finished product showing weld locations so that the welders would know what it looks like when finished.

the job that i am currently working at is a non-destructive testing company and there i do all of the reporting for the work that we do. i draw various storage tanks, pressure vessels, and isometric piping drawings to represent the testing locations where each piece of equipment is tested. i also create all kinds of spreadsheets and documents for record keeping and data management.

i have been using AutoCAD for about 5 years now and ever since i started using it i have wanted to get my foot in the door of engineering or architecture so that i could learn more and then be able to go back to college part time and work on a degree or a certificate of some kind.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

oh yeah, if anyone wants to see my resume, just shoot me an email and i will send you a copy of it and a letter of reccomendation. [email protected]

thanks,
Kevin
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

no one got any ideas for me?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Time Served

I'm a Cadd Jedi, If I was you I would be looking unders Surveyors or Civil Engineering. Thats where I started my career at, working for a surveyor doing boundary plats.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

yeah, i have been talking to alot of architects, surveyors, and engineers but if they call me and talk to me, the want me to have 5 or 10 years of experience in their exact field. i need to find someone that will let me get my foot in the door of a certain field so that i can learn about it and maybe go back to college part time. he heh.............. i guess i am now learning why i should have gotten a degree back when i first started college. oh well, lesson learned.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 03:00 PM
Time Served

Hey don't let those people get you down ! You don't need a Degree or piece of paper, to show how smart you are. When I started in this buisness I knew nothing about Engineering or Surveying and even CADD. But I went to work for a Surveyor, and got a pirate copy of CADD and practiced. And kept my ears open and moth shut and watched and learned alot. As time went by I started moving up thru the firm, Then after 4 years of sevice I ran that place.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

yeah, it is just a pain in the ass because i know i can learn how to do anything if someone will just show me how a couple of times and for over a year now i have been looking and no one will give me a chance.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

i wanted to add that i work in the NDT field and have been through Ultrasonic thickness testing school. also, i am familliar with ASME and API codes, magnetic particle testing, and liquid penetrant testing methods.

thanks,
Kevin
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Bitch

I am still interested in finding something in the DFW area if anything is available. Along with my experience in the NDT field, I am extremely experienced in all Windows applications such as Word, Excel, and I have the basics of Access down pretty well. I am also pretty speedy at 10-key data entry. My responsibilities include completing tasks and projects in a timely manner with little or no supervision. I have saved my resume as a text only file and it is pasted below if anyone would like to take a look. If you or anyone you know would like to see a copy of it in MS Word format, email me and I will send it and a letter of recommendation to you.

thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Honeycutt

Cellular Phone: (903) 235-0378
Home Phone: (903) 295-0492
E-mail: [email protected]
2020 B Secretariat
Longview, Tx 75604

Objective

To utilize my technical skills acquired through education and previous employment.

Experience

2000-2002 Longview Inspection Longview, TX
Computer Data Technician and AutoCAD operator
* Create isometric and 3D AutoCAD drawings to represent various piping systems, storage tanks, machinery, and pressure vessels.
* Learned to use Ultrasonic testing equipment and other methods of NDT.
* Became familiar with ASME and other national standards.
* Create various Excel spreadsheets and Word documents for data management purposes.

1999-2000 Caddx Gladewater, TX
Electronics Technician
* Gained knowledge and experience in reading electrical schematics and using an oscilloscope.
* Built test templates for troubleshooting electronic circuit boards.
* Answered technical support calls from technicians installing security systems in customers homes and businesses.
* Learned programming methods for various models of security systems and the basics of installing them.

1998 Technical Tubes Longview, TX
Quality Control Manager and AutoCAD operator
* Designed more material efficient versions of new and existing products.
* Increased quality of manufacturing and packaging process.
* Created more detailed 3D plan drawings for more precise manufacturing.
* Create bill of materials for new models and revised models.
Education

1996-1998 Texas State Technical College Marshall, TX
* AC, DC, and Digital circuits
* Programming PLC's
* PC upgrade and repair
Interests
Water sports, Athletic activities, Motorcycling, Outdoors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement