Auto Alarm tech in Grapevine - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Auto Alarm tech in Grapevine

I need an install technician for my Grapevine location, and I need one soon. Pay is per alarm, hours are 10a-6p M-F, no weekends, and there's quite a bit of work to be done, with an average of 32-40 cars a month shipped in, plus dealer trades, and occasion off-site work.
The job site is Payton-Wright Ford, at 114/121 and Texan Trail.

Pay per alarm is $17, with most cars taking less than an hour, some as little as 25 minutes. (My personal record is 18 minutes)
If the car is sold, pay is $50.
If the car has manual door locks, pay is an additional $10 per lock actuator added. This takes a little bit longer to do, but you don't have to connect near as many wires in the car, so it's a pretty even trade-off.
If it is a remote start (which Payton-Wright does quite a few of), pay is doubled, and the work is defintely NOT doubled. Usually an additional 4-7 wires, and a couple of extra minutes on programming.

At present, there are about 35 cars waiting on the lot to be installed, with more coming in on a pretty-much-daily basis.

My name is Nick, and I am the regional sales manager. I can be contacted @ 682-432-5627, 817-219-2762, via PM here, on Dallasimports.net, or Fordbastards.org, as well as by e-mail @ [email protected]

You MUST provide your own tools, which usually include, a DMM or test light, DMM prefered, a cordless drill and assortment of bits/nut drivers (7mm, 8mm, 10mm, #1 and #2 Phillips, a long T20 bit, and a flathead). You'll also need wire stripping tools. Some of the installers prefer automatic strippers, and the best we've found are about $10 at O'Reilly or $17 at Lowe's... They're they exact same ones. Cutter/crimpers, also found at Lowe's for $7. A box knife, and I'd suggest a ratcheting screwdriver that will accept the bits for the drill as a back up. All alarms, and related parts are provided, as needed, including tape, butt connectors, T-Taps, relays, so on, and so forth.

As far as off-site jobs go, there will be very few, but they are ALL optional.

The job also requires that you fax your paperwork in daily, for which, a fax machine will be provided, at the dealership. You must also have basic computer skills... If you're on a forum, then you're more than qualified with a computer.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, or if you'd like to go have a look at the job site and get a feel for it, as well as meet my lead technician who will be doing all of the training and related exercises.

Map to the job site available here

FYI, this a job that requires SELF-MOTIVATION. You're the only employee on site, and there's no one there to stay on you all of the time.

1992 SHO MTX
Under Construction...
White/Black/White

1992 SHO MTX
My first SHO, and always my favorite. Totaled at less than 9 MPH. Dynomax Bullets, chip'd, Tokicos, and a few other goodies. Official parts car.

Last edited by Ferendon; 09-10-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement