Web design/ Graphics Design/ and anything else with a computer - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Web design/ Graphics Design/ and anything else with a computer

Right now, i feel like i'm going to school for a piece of paper that says i know...what i already know. I'd like to get a good job in this field, but everyone wants a degree in this field, that i dont have, but i know alot about. So if anyone is willing to give me a chance, let me know! [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Time Served

i 2nd that im in the same boat you are man.. but im double major..
Computer Science: Network managment and systems
and then Art...

[email protected]

http://zoggy.quadrent.net/

Digital eFolio:
http://zoggy.quadrent.net/portfolio/
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Time Served

you would be better off getting out of Texas...lol.. I have an AA in Graphic Design.. and people really don't even seem to care about that.. everywhere I go they want to see a portfolio and want on job experience... I am only 24 and have been doing this for almost 8 yrs.. well... design for about 4 and actually ran a printing press before.. I am planning to move back to AZ.. more money, more jobs, and cheaper cost of living... oh.. and perfect weather.

Tony

96 Black/Black Cobra #3237
[email protected] w/ 1.79 60ft

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2002, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

yeah, espescially like days like today!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:01 PM
If the shoe fits......

Send me your resume's guys. My company is currently trying to bid a RFO for garland ISD for Web designer/programmers. And we want to have some resume's that we can throw at them as proof to our ability to do the job. If we use your resume' and get the bid. then you have a job. It is a one year contract with options for a second. So e-mail me your resumes and salary requirements.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Time Served

That sounds really cool.. Wish I had more Web experience instead of just Graphic Design... this field sucks..

Tony

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2002, 03:37 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony 96 Cobra
you would be better off getting out of Texas...lol.. I have an AA in Graphic Design.. and people really don't even seem to care about that.. everywhere I go they want to see a portfolio and want on job experience... I am only 24 and have been doing this for almost 8 yrs.. well... design for about 4 and actually ran a printing press before.. I am planning to move back to AZ.. more money, more jobs, and cheaper cost of living... oh.. and perfect weather.
Sounds like my situation. Got an AA in Computer Animation / Multimedia ... and it's like they don't want to look at ya unless you have 2 years on job experience... or at least a BA.

As soon as I can afford it, I'm probably going to go back to school, A&M most likely, and go for my BA ... just to have a little more pull, but damnit... entry level position, people! Is it such a foriegn concept? C'mon!

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Time Served

I had considered animation when I went to school.. but it is such a hard field to find a job in anyways.. the only way to make money is to get on at Industrial Light and Magic...lol.. I have thought of getting into webdesign.. but don't want to go back to school.. I even considered changing fields completely and doing custom paint and body... oh well.. life goes on..

Tony

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 10:07 AM
Time Served

animation jobs

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony 96 Cobra
I had considered animation when I went to school.. but it is such a hard field to find a job in anyways.. the only way to make money is to get on at Industrial Light and Magic...lol.. I have thought of getting into webdesign.. but don't want to go back to school.. I even considered changing fields completely and doing custom paint and body... oh well.. life goes on..
Yeah i have to agree with you on the difficulty in finding an animation job... After getting my degree in animation it took about 6 months before i found any kind job dealing with my degree. You just have to keep trying.. i work for an animation co. here in irving where we just finished jimmy neutron, a 3d animated film for nickalodeon, and now i am working on the TV series for it. So if you have any questions about this line of work let me know. Infact if you are looking for something in the future we just got the go ahead from paramount for a jimmy neutron 2 and another film offer from universal and tom hanks.

2008 Shelby GT500
Evo Stage 2
Steeda Axel Back
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

I dont know much about animation but i learn quick and have a good imagination! I'd like a shot at that aswell
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Time Served

well as far as i know.........i'm sure that we will be needing some concept artists in the near future, because of the new movies that we have coming up, but i will keep you informed. By the way you really don't need a degree to do what i do, on the last film that i worked on, the guy sitting next to me was 19 years old, and didn't have a degree. You just have to be really good at what you do.

2008 Shelby GT500
Evo Stage 2
Steeda Axel Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement