Need an A&P mechanic postion in May for myself? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
needaho

Need an A&P mechanic postion in May for myself?

Will be done with my powerplant rating in May, and I already have my airframe. Anyone looking for an A&P mechanic, I dont have any jet/plane experience but have been working on cars and motorcycles for 10yrs. need to get my foot in the door somewhere. thank you Josh

88 gt (waiting to be built when I get my mid-life crisis)
2002 honda civic SI looks ricer without the damn pipe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Lifer

Found this site.

http://www.americaneaglecareers.com/apm.html

At American Eagle, we respect and reward our entire team – including our most vital component of our ground crew – our mechanics. We are seeking qualified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics to join us.
Minimum Age: 18

Education/Certification: High school diploma or GED. Airframe and Powerplant license.

Citizenship: United States citizenship or if you possess the legal right to work in the U.S.

Relocation: American Eagle Mechanics will be assigned to one of the following locations and if you currently do not reside in one of these locations you must be willing and able to relocate at your own expense.

Abilene, TX Marquette, MI
Bangor, ME Miami, FL
Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR New York, NY
Boston, MA Raleigh, NC
Chicago IL San Juan, PR
Columbus, Ohio San Luis Obispo, CA
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX Springfield, MO
Los Angeles, CA

Physical Requirements: You must be able to perform the following functions in variable weather and environmental conditions: Bend, stoop and crawl in tight, restricted spaces including fuel cells and aircraft belly areas. Push, pull, lift and hold aircraft parts and components weighing up to 60 lbs in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing, or installation of these parts and components from a sitting, standing, bending, squatting or overhead position. Lift, connect overhead and remove overhead, 40 lbs. 200-volt KDA electric cable to/from aircraft. Move and climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding weighing up to 100 lbs. Drive vehicles weighing up to 10 tons in congested areas requiring good depth perception and ability to distinguish colors red, green, and yellow. Pushing out/towing of aircraft involving driving vehicles weighing up to 2 tons, which requires good depth perception. Work with color-coded wiring and other components, which requires the ability to differentiate colors to include but not limited to red, green, yellow, blue, black, brown, white and orange. Operate a variety of tools, including power tools in the process of assembling, disassembling, repairing and installing aircraft parts and components while reaching, twisting, turning and gripping. Work in a high noise level environment. Tolerate dust, jet fumes, and toxic chemicals. Read and interpret printed or computerized maintenance manuals and write legibly to complete forms/paperwork as required. Report to work on a regular and timely basis.

Training: Six weeks paid training/indoctrination. Familiarization, advanced familiarization and on the job training.

Uniforms: The Company will pay 50% for the employee's first uniform set and the employee shall pay 50%. The employee’s portion will be payroll deducted at $25.00 per paycheck.

Company Benefits: After 30 days of service, new employees will be eligible for our full benefits package. This includes: health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance and performance bonus. Unlimited (space available) travel privileges for employee, spouse and children will be given on the first day of employment and 24 one-way travel passes each year for family and friends after two years of service. A 401(k) plan and credit union membership are available for those who wish to join.

Salary: All A&P Mechanic wages are governed by the contract agreed upon between American Eagle and the Transport Workers Union (TWU). Annual increases are based on Company anniversary dates as specified in the contract. *The maintenance base in Abilene, TX is excluded

Below are some of the schools that American Eagle Recruitment works with in hiring A&P Mechanics.

Pittsburg Institute of Aeronautics
Wyotech(Oakland, Boston)
Michigan Institute of Aeronautics College of Aeronautics
Southern Illinois University Carbondale Westwood College of Aviation (Houston, Los Angeles, Denver)
Hallmark School of Aviation National Aviation Academy
Laurel Oaks Institute of Technology Tidewater Tech
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Texas Gumballer

Flight Options LLC www.flightoptions.com
http://www.resourcehire.com/clients/FlightOptions/publicjobs/controller.cfm
Try here. They are located @ Love Field next to Business Jet Center.

You can also look into the Apprentice Program for Southwest Airlines.
Cant link you to that sorry. Its in the employment section.

American Airlines will be hiring for positions @ Love Field soon. Be on the lookout for that in the paper.

I have more, just lmk...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement