Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: in front of the keyboard
PT IT helpdesk position
The Part-Time Help Desk Representative will investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems of users by performing the following duties.
* Receives telephone calls from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software such as statistical, graphics, data base, printing, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
* Talks to users to learn procedures followed and source of error.
* Answers questions.
* Asks user with problem to use telephone and participate in diagnostic procedures.
* Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
* Talks with co-workers to research problem and find solution.
* Logs requests from users and assigns to the appropriate specialist to resolve the call.
* Follows all compliance policies and procedures.
* High school diploma or GED; detailed knowledge of personal computers; experience with Microsoft products; Windows 2000; Windows XP and Lotus Notes is requested.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written; oral; diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from users.
The hours for the Part-Time Help Desk Representative are Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-4:00pm and remaining hours Monday-Friday will be determined.
I'll try an answer any questions via PM. If interested let me know. This position is for my employer in the same department as I am in. Location is Plano, TX and I have no idea what the hourly rate is. It is an entry level position.
2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?