Louisiana jobs - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
tired

Louisiana jobs

My brother called me yesterday from Louisiana. He went there to help with the rebuilding projects. He wanted me to see if there is anyone here that would like to go join his crew. Right now he is doing roofing and has like 4-5 guys under him. He says that he will pay $12.50/box. That equals 66 shingles. I don't know much about roofing, so I tried to find out as much as I could.
Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in contact with him. If there are any other questions, just ask and I'll find out from him. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Time Served

Had some friends that got laid off from there. heard that they are starting to clear out people
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Horsepower Tycoon

I have been down there 4 times now for relief help for my friends. And if you are a company (I.E. Manking money) be warned OHSA is there and writing fines out for any and everything you have wrong on your jobsite. I have done about 12 roofs but those where all free.

The going rate was $500 a day mid-Dec for a good roofer. There is tons of money to be made there but hotel rooms are hard to find as most companys are buying one as soon as it opens up.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
tired

OK, well I talked to my little brother this morning and he said right now he is working in Metairie, Louisiana. My middle brother is about to go down there in about a week to start working with him as well. If enough people are interested in going, my little brother Tom, has said that he will come back and pick up a crew to take to Louisiana. Let me know if anyone is really interested and I'll get you his number. Thanks!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

This is Laura's brother David. I'm headed down to New Orleans to join up with our other brother. He said that he's in Jefferson Parish, but they work all over New Orleans. If anyone is interested then hit me back at [email protected] . He said he'd be willing to take some guys back, but if you've got your own car then great; even better. For those already down there then catch me or Laura. As of Sunday I won't have internet access, so everything will have to go through Laura who will relay to Tom or myself.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont351w
where about in louisiana?
probaby where the damage from the hurricane is smart guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement