Bartender - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Bartender

Hey i am a bartender looking for an establishment to work at. I am TABC Certified and would like to work at a hotel or country club enviorment. Help me out I need some work. Thanx.

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 08:08 PM
i win.

how good of a bartender are you? and be honest...i know of a few places that are hiring, but they want 5+ years experience, and you need to know pretty much every drink/shot in the book...as well as be able to work in a very fast paced environment.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 08:09 PM
id fuck her in da ass 2

work at a tiddy bar

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

well i am fresh out of school i went to aims so they taught me pretty much the most popular drinks and shots but as for experience i have none and i would like to start off in a moderate enviorment nothin to fast so i can learn and get better thanx for the help
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTacoEater
well i am fresh out of school i went to aims so they taught me pretty much the most popular drinks and shots but as for experience i have none and i would like to start off in a moderate enviorment nothin to fast so i can learn and get better thanx for the help
Work somewhere like Bennigans. You shouldn't get too rushed but there is always a constant flow of people there since they have such a large variety of beers.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Time Served

Quote:

I thought they helped you find a job once you are out.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
how good of a bartender are you? and be honest...i know of a few places that are hiring, but they want 5+ years experience, and you need to know pretty much every drink/shot in the book...as well as be able to work in a very fast paced environment.
Daniel doesn't know shit!

Pssst, hook me up fool I need a second job.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 06:36 PM
VTEC not VTECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
Work somewhere like Bennigans. You shouldn't get too rushed but there is always a constant flow of people there since they have such a large variety of beers.
good advise

-Viet

2000 CIVIC Si FBP Parting out (04/16/06)
1997 CIVIC DX hatch VMS B18c1 SOLD
1988 Mustang GT SOLD
2001 Kawasaki ZX6-R Lowered and Straped SOLD
1989 CR-X BY B16a SOLD
1999 CIVIC DX DAP hatch B18c1 STOLEN
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

hey thanx for the advice ill hit one up and see were that goes i have never had any help from here but keep the help commin and ill let ya know how thing go
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 AM
Time Served

Hey Justin sorry to hear u spent all that money. Yeah I went to Aims and they didnt help me find shit either. I finaly found a job at an all black club, seing as Im white, it was fun and great, I met alot of people, made some damn good money. Id try the restaraunt chain, Chili's. Benigans, OTB, Hell I bet red lobster there in burleson would kick pretty good, or the mexican inn. All I know is you have alot more chances there than I did in cleburne when I was bartending. If you need money they allways need private bartenders at games, like mavericks, stars, and cowboys games. I worked at afew cowboys games and made $200-$300 agame.

2000 White GT, 4:10, pro5.0 short shifter, Offroad H, mil's, Dynomax bullets, timing adjuster, Denscharger CAI for now, Vortech V1, 30lbs injectors, 12psi, yet to be installed and dynoed.
R.I.P. Trittis S. Bullard 2005
R.I.P. Justin McMahon 2005
88 coupe 2.3L, SOLD.
87LX hatch SOLD.
97 S10 xtended cab.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

thanx man i didnt think about that do you know how i would go about hookin up with like the cowboys or something like that thanx for the pointers
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 04:46 PM
i win.

Quote:
thanx man i didnt think about that do you know how i would go about hookin up with like the cowboys or something like that thanx for the pointers
The Cowboys VIP club is good, but they want experience. You might try and contact someone at the AAC for the Mavs and Stars.

Also, check off the wall restraunts, not necessarily chains. A lot of the chains like to train within, and make you be a waiter first.

If you want to work up to a fast paced environment, try somewhere downtown and be a waiter. Places like Pour House and Fox and the Hound are good. Start out at Fox and the Hound as a waiter, learn the popular drinks of choice, and new drinks you have never heard of. Learn the prices, and the menu, how to use the computer. Bust your ass, then become a bartender, and make $300+ a night on the weekends.

Good Luck with the search. Get experience anywhere you can, because that is what hires in this industry.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

hey thanx all the help i can get is great ill try htat and see if i can get a lead thanx for your help everyone
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Robert Galarga

not to knock the aims academy but most bars frown upon that that want you to have real hands on experience
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

yea but how do you get aexperience if you dont know the drinks ya know
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 01:16 AM
i win.

Quote:
yea but how do you get aexperience if you dont know the drinks ya know
you find a way to work your way up to bartender, or know the right people.

i had never worked at a bar in my life, and got a job bartending. it takes some time to learn ALL the drinks, but once you know them, you pretty much know them.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:09 AM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerriden20s
Hey Justin sorry to hear u spent all that money. Yeah I went to Aims and they didnt help me find shit either. I finaly found a job at an all black club, seing as Im white, it was fun and great, I met alot of people, made some damn good money. Id try the restaraunt chain, Chili's. Benigans, OTB, Hell I bet red lobster there in burleson would kick pretty good, or the mexican inn. All I know is you have alot more chances there than I did in cleburne when I was bartending. If you need money they allways need private bartenders at games, like mavericks, stars, and cowboys games. I worked at afew cowboys games and made $200-$300 agame.

problem with restraunt chains is that you usually have to start out as a server first, and the bartenders are servers that have been there awhile and done their crappy bartender tryout stuff. or at least that's how it was at chili's. at el chico it was usually the people with seniority. I'm a bartender here in town, but it's not a fast paced or high volume bar. just a restraunt bar. but, when I move up there I'm gonna start out by trying Don Pablo's or El Arroyo, or maybe try to start out as a bar-back at No Frills.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:15 AM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
you find a way to work your way up to bartender, or know the right people.

i had never worked at a bar in my life, and got a job bartending. it takes some time to learn ALL the drinks, but once you know them, you pretty much know them.
yep, and the best way to get down drinks is to make them. once I started out I'd have to look at drink recipes to make them. but once you actually MAKE the drink for someone once or twice, it gets put in your head and is usually not a problem in the future.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

yea i figure i am goint to try a place like chilis but that sucks to spend the money to learn the drinks in school to become a bartender and have to start as a waiter but thanx for the pointers evry bit of advice helps
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

how much was it to go to AIMS. I am thinkin of getting a part time job for some extra cash.

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

its close to 1000 like 890 or 990 some were in that range i am on payment plan but according to everyone thats not such a good idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement