UPS is hiring seasonal workers - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Turn Your Swag On!

UPS is hiring seasonal workers

UPS is hiring a lot fo seasonal workers for the Chirstmas season. They might end up keeping a few that they hire, but don't plan around them doing so. Hiring for driver helpers (8am to 5pm every weekday) and then package handlers (4 varying shifts).

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Lifer

where do i apply bro?
ups.com or what?
i need a jobo for package handling
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Lifer

are they hiring for night shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfast50

Super coupe, monkey see monkey do. You're not doing shit that hasn't been done 100 times over by a bunch of others on this very board. So don't come in hear acting like your opinion is the end all be all, and thats that, because you ain't all that and when it comes down to it you don't know shit about shit.

When it comes to this nitrous Game, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Fear the Stashe

i wouldnt mind liftin some boxes and crap in the afternoon or so.
My friends use to work like 5 hours shifts a day, thats what im interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.

Last edited by unkoricky; 10-26-2005 at 05:59 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Turn Your Swag On!

Apply online at the UPS Corporate site. You have to fill out a few pages of info and what not so plan about 15 minutes to do it all. They're hiring at all the places around here. I applied up at the Northwest Dallas facility (off of Monroe and Walnut Hill). If you apply for driver helper (more hours and more chance of getting on full time) they'll basically hire you on the spot. For package handler (about 25 hours a week, and SEASONAL) they take you on a tour and call you back a few days later and will probably hire you. Keep in mind this is all seasonal and no promise of getting a job after Dec. 31.

There were too many people in there that were going to quit if they get hired, but they're idiots. The pay is $8.50/hour and they'll work your ass off at package handler. They are hiring for all shifts. Especially night shifts. So, Phantom, you might want to check them out.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag
The pay is $8.50/hour and they'll work your ass off at package handler.

Is this the same rate of pay that they hire the driver helpers at?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Turn Your Swag On!

Yep, they start both at $8.50/hour.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Banned

just so everyone knows.....i went up there to apply for a job for the seasonal work
they guy told us and i quote " If you are hired, You are fired" no if ands or buts about it..dec 31st your outta there..no chance for rehire because they were already overstaffed before the season started....i left
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Turn Your Swag On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxcoupe23
just so everyone knows.....i went up there to apply for a job for the seasonal work
they guy told us and i quote " If you are hired, You are fired" no if ands or buts about it..dec 31st your outta there..no chance for rehire because they were already overstaffed before the season started....i left
Yep, that's exactly what I said. For Christmas season only and don't plan on being re-hired. That's how seasonal jobs work. But, too many people go up there with the notion that this is going to be a job that leads to more full-time work. It doesn't, and that's why it's called seasonal.

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement