Need a great paying job ASAP. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Need a great paying job ASAP.

Okay, here's the pay I'm going to need. Anything more than $8/hr. I know you might think it's a bit to start, but not me. That's damn near the minimum I can live off of and pay bills on. Please help me out.

I'm 20 years old, have some experience in a wide range of automotive fields. I live in the Grand Prairie (I-30 and Belt Line) area if that helps. My car can make commutes but only being able to use 93 gas, I would like something close.

What I can do/ Experience:

Tire Tech/ Tire work,
Lube, batteries, belts, plugs, etcetera. (not so much plugs and belts),
Welder (almost I-car but couldn't afford the test! ),
Collision work (Wyotech ex-student/ left early),
Wash/ porter/ detailing,
Any basic installs not requiring removal of power/drive trains.

I'm a decently fast learner. I may be a little slower at first but I like to gether as much info as I can so that I don't have to ask questions as often later on. I like a nice challenge every once and a while so that normal things go easier. I'm a decent tech wherever I am. I try my hardest to get better all the time and get quicker and more efficient with my work.

I am also interested in learning more professional automotive electronics installs if someone wants to train/ pay at the same time.

Please, respond and PM me if there are any positions available, I could really use the pay to get out of debt. I have insurance, credit card, old schooling, and gas to pay for. Not to mention I need to save up money to get a transmission rebuild (no 3rd gear!! ).

Thanks for all help given. Have a great day/ evening/ afternoon/ night/ morning/ etc.

-"Roam"

I gots rims and NO car. Way to go me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

???

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Pimp Juice ca. 1997

Man, you should be able to find that almost anywhere....

Check out Best Buy, Blockbuster, things like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
God bless you Roscoe and all you do for humanity and this board in particular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
You know Roscoe, I used to think that you were some 16 yr.old punk with a speech impediment, but now I want you to marry one of my daughters ...'H'

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Get Some!! Get some!!

Try Goodyear I hear they are always looking for people, did you look at the sticky on this forum for job search links.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I've tried Best Buy at least 2x this year, never in the installs bay b/c they need experience and training. Haven't tried Blockbuster yet.

Goodyear around here actually said they weren't hiring, but taking applications when I asked about the sign. I sked ofr an application, and they said they were out. Which lead me to believe they were BS'ing me.

Heck, ask most people that know me, I look Arabic or osmething, even though I'm a non-spanish speaking hispanic! You'd be amazed on how many more people in North GP speak spanish as a primary/only language compared to Oak Cliff where I grew up!

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

yeah, that's very true! I always ask where they get their forklift guys and where they get trained but they won't tell me. wierd.

I applied at both of them that are pretty close, did a personel survey at Lowes and even called back like 3 times and always get a run-around!

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 02:57 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

http://www.greenleafauto.com/careers.asp

Always looking for dismantlers and sales folks. Way more than $8 an hour though so I don't know if you'd be interested

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Get Some!! Get some!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
http://www.greenleafauto.com/careers.asp

Always looking for dismantlers and sales folks. Way more than $8 an hour though so I don't know if you'd be interested
Pm sent
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:10 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtRacer
I just bought a motor through them at Liberty Ford. They work on....Dismantle newer cars too. They have cobras too.

Yeah we are pretty much the only place that'll give you the oppurtunity to cut a brand new Ranger Rover in half and not go to jail. We get some Cobra engines and trannies from time to time but they usually end up on Ebay. I know we had a couple of 05 F350s we went through last month and several 05 Escapes and atleast 1 05 Mustang, probably have more waiting for the titles to clear.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I'm not at home right now, but I juat wanted to say thanks for all the help guys. I will deiffinately go see about that dismantling thing, b/c well, that's a great way to learn more about lots of cars!

post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 05:49 AM
Time Served

Valspar in garland, corner of shiloh and forest. I started at 12.50 / hr and the work isnt all that hard once you get used to it.

Jon

CLICK for Kate's Story
Click to Listen

WTB - SIG Mosquito

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Lifer

Did you try this at the new Goodyear on I20 and Great Southwest? We also have a new Firestone that's almost built. Same intersection, right next to Texas Roadhouse.

George
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

too far to the last 2 posts! I would wast a 1/4 tank a day going to I20 and G SW and back everyday. Pretty sad for a 4 banger!

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtRacer
I also have the training manuel for Car Toys installs if ya would like something to study. I am thinking of inside jobs right now especially since it is 103.9 outside...
It is soo NOT 103 outside. Besides, I like the heat, personally, it keeps me awake!

post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

SAIA motor freight, they are always hiring. Dock workers make $15/hr or more. Office personnel make a little less-Night coders start out at 12.20/hour.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

tried a couple more places. Still looking. NTB might hire me, but their commision pay dropped about half since I worked there last!

On a good, 70-80 hr/week for 2 weeks, I would only make about 7-800 before, and now thinking about less hours and less pay?! That's every 2 weeks!

Waiting for word from a friend in another shop to see what's going on. Hoping it pays about $10/hr.

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Bump?????

post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Pepboys on Ft. Worth ave in Oak Cliff is hiring, mounting tires and changing oil. You may wanna check them out.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Stock internals!!!

Christi said take that app up there.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

What happened to your shop????

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
Yeah we are pretty much the only place that'll give you the oppurtunity to cut a brand new Ranger Rover in half and not go to jail. We get some Cobra engines and trannies from time to time but they usually end up on Ebay. I know we had a couple of 05 F350s we went through last month and several 05 Escapes and atleast 1 05 Mustang, probably have more waiting for the titles to clear.

U people make me cry when I have to go there and see perfectly good Fords being cut up for legal reasons........

99GT Vert
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I actually applied at that link for dismantling. Got nothing but an auto response from them.

Tried 90Stang's place, but never got called back like I was told. Was told I would get a job somewhere else and that when the guy came back from lunch that hires, I would get a call back. Nothing.

??????

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Time Served

Welcom to the fun world of job hunting. I have had more problems trying to get people to call me back. Just keep searching.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

been searching for over a month and w/ bills piling up, it's looking grim. AND, to make things worse, my credit card is maxed, there's a negative balance on my checking account, and it's only getting worse!

Sure, you could tell me to manage my money better, but whne all my money got wasted on just gas to get around looknig for a job/ going to interviews to places that don't hire me. It is kinda hard to not run out of money! Plus, w/ a turbo car, it ONLY takes 93 octane!

post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 01:32 PM
I Brake (For) Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkROAM_1
Okay, here's the pay I'm going to need. Anything more than $8/hr. I know you might think it's a bit to start, but not me. That's damn near the minimum I can live off of and pay bills on. Please help me out.

I'm 20 years old, have some experience in a wide range of automotive fields. I live in the Grand Prairie (I-30 and Belt Line) area if that helps. My car can make commutes but only being able to use 93 gas, I would like something close.

What I can do/ Experience:

Tire Tech/ Tire work,
Lube, batteries, belts, plugs, etcetera. (not so much plugs and belts),
Welder (almost I-car but couldn't afford the test! ),
Collision work (Wyotech ex-student/ left early),
Wash/ porter/ detailing,
Any basic installs not requiring removal of power/drive trains.

I'm a decently fast learner. I may be a little slower at first but I like to gether as much info as I can so that I don't have to ask questions as often later on. I like a nice challenge every once and a while so that normal things go easier. I'm a decent tech wherever I am. I try my hardest to get better all the time and get quicker and more efficient with my work.

I am also interested in learning more professional automotive electronics installs if someone wants to train/ pay at the same time.

Please, respond and PM me if there are any positions available, I could really use the pay to get out of debt. I have insurance, credit card, old schooling, and gas to pay for. Not to mention I need to save up money to get a transmission rebuild (no 3rd gear!! ).

Thanks for all help given. Have a great day/ evening/ afternoon/ night/ morning/ etc.

-"Roam"
sorry but the last time i checked $8/hr was not great pay lol

Who needs please when we've got guns?
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

yeah, I know it's not great, at all. But still, no one will hire me!

post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Still nothing, and now my car is down due to BOV problems, FOOCK! So much for getting out of debt! I'm screwed and no one will hire me. Now I need a ride to work, too!

Next tome people "guarantee" a job for me, you better be the one hiring, b/c I don't have time/ money to waste on hoping for a job. I know that's rude, but this is rediculous! No way can I be wasting gas at places that only MIGHT hire me.

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

About to get kicked out of my home, baout to not have a roof over my head. I've tried and tried but there is nothing in sight.

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Time Served

i feel your pain, but damn go get a job a mcdonalds or something to get you by! i wouldn't be wasting my time on here if i was about to loose my house, i sympathize for you but quite typing and go find a job, you can't rely on people on here to "hook you up" with a job
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 cobra
i feel your pain, but damn go get a job a mcdonalds or something to get you by! i wouldn't be wasting my time on here if i was about to loose my house, i sympathize for you but quite typing and go find a job, you can't rely on people on here to "hook you up" with a job
no doubt

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

you think I haven't stooped to that? man, the first thing places around here ask is if I speak spanish. Not just for the customers, but lots of workers around here don't even know english or what a state is for that matter!

And the roof I'm losing is my mom not wanting me to live here anymore. She's tired of wasting her money on me, though I'm the one that cooks, cleans, and does all the lawn work just to try and help out so I'm not just some moocher.

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

dude, there is no way you can't find a job in the DFW area if you are really serious about working. Get you a dallas morning news and start calling people, go on some interviews and dont be picky.

After you get a job, continue looking and then you can be picky.

My .02

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

yeah, now I'm being picky. I have been working for a low low $6/hr at this one job and they said I would get a raise after the first month. Now, it's been over a month, I asked about it and the next day, my hours get dropped by 15hrs a week!

I'm supposed to be there now, but am "on call", which is total BS!

Well, I'm going to be moving to the FW Ave and Westmoreland area this coming up week is anyone is hiring in that area. To add to what I can do, I can now say I have WORK experience w/ car audio/video.

Looking for at least $8/hr b/c $6 barely pays for gas, bills and groceries. And I don't have any left over to really put towards fiing my car!

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

well, they took today away from me, too. Plz help!

Moving into the Cliff soon and need money for some bills!

post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkROAM_1
you think I haven't stooped to that? man, the first thing places around here ask is if I speak spanish. Not just for the customers, but lots of workers around here don't even know english or what a state is for that matter!
That's another reason I don't like mesicans. They refuse to learn English, yet, wherever they take control, they demand you learn their focked up language.

Good luck finding a job. I can't believe you haven't been able to find something by now. Perhaps you could sell your turbo car for now. I'm sure one of these idiots on here would buy it.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Bitter Italian

I need help im my shop.

8 an hour to start. Feel free to come by anytime and talk to me.
I'm right off main st in Grand Prairie.

Take Great SW north, make a right on Main and my shop will be on the left hand side. Big Green buildings look foe a sign that says extreme powder coating. My shop is right new to his.

Or call me
214 577 9325
Nick
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
why exactly do you guys cut up those cars?? You got hte hookup on stuff?

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario
I need help im my shop.

8 an hour to start. Feel free to come by anytime and talk to me.
I'm right off main st in Grand Prairie.

Take Great SW north, make a right on Main and my shop will be on the left hand side. Big Green buildings look foe a sign that says extreme powder coating. My shop is right new to his.

Or call me
214 577 9325
Nick

Thanks! I PM'd you earlier, plz get back to me soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement