Any Local Freight Drivers onboard? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Any Local Freight Drivers onboard?

Just curious if we have any local "Ft.Worth" freight drivers on this board IE: Conway Express or Yellow or FedEx Freight or USF? looking too see if they are going to be hiring anytime soon. I have a Class "A" just need to get my "Dbl&Trple" and "Hazmat" endorsements. Wich i heard the "Hazmat" endorsement cost over $200 bucks to get now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
bum that rides a bike

i tried to get one a few years ago, couldnt get on with any of em cuz i didnt have 2 years OTR experience.......
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Time Served

Location: {Irving/Euless/Bedford/Fort Weasy} I guess that you can call me a hoe, ha ha.....
I work for FedEx Freight. I got my CDL through them within 6 months of being full time. They are always hiring and is an awesome company to work for. As far as the hazmat, it cost around $80 and FedEx reimbursed me. I start city deliveries in about 2 weeks.

David

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:59 AM
bum that rides a bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Second GT
I work for FedEx Freight. I got my CDL through them within 6 months of being full time. They are always hiring and is an awesome company to work for. As far as the hazmat, it cost around $80 and FedEx reimbursed me. I start city deliveries in about 2 weeks.

David

I drive for Express, what do you guys at Freight make per hour if you dont mind me asking?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 AM
Time Served

Location: {Irving/Euless/Bedford/Fort Weasy} I guess that you can call me a hoe, ha ha.....
Part time $12.73
Full time $16.07
City Drivers $17.07
Road Drivers $0.52/mile ($30/hour going 60mph on the highway)

You get two raises a year, your annual and a cost of living raise. I think that it takes 3 years to make top pay of $20.10/hour.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Second GT

David
Are they hard to get on with in Ft Worth?? I have applied twice and have never heard from them. I have ten years driving, no accidents and no tickets. Experience pulling doubles. I pull a fuel tanker too. I dont understand what more they would want.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Time Served

Yeah, it was tough for me to get on at the Dallas location. I think I was only pushed through because I mentioned some of my buddies that worked there and one of them had a sister that worked in the office. So being the nice person that she was, she willingly put my app on the 6 foot tall stack of applications to make mine process faster. I don't know what else to tell you. You have more experience than me. I came from a management position from a direct mail advertising agency only with bobtail experience.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement