15y/o need job - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

15y/o need job

I live in Frisco and called near every number in the phone book, nobody wants to hire a 15 year old.

Obviousily have no previous job history, but I know my way around East and South Dallas, and know Garland like the back of my hand. Do I have any chance? I was hoping to get a fulltime job this summer but not even Wendys or Mcdonalds is hiring at 15.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:02 PM
NES Crew

"Everyone, I want you to meet our newest employee, thc4breakfast"

"ummm, no it's thc4breakfeast."

Yeah, getting a job at 15 is hard, but you can do it. Hit up all your parents friends and see if they can help. Can you still be a paperboy now at 15? What about bagging or stocking at a grocery store? Keep looking and use your social network.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Time Served

ya im almost postive that p[laces like tom thumb hire at 15

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

grocery store bagger.. sucks but its income and its EASY

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangol
"Everyone, I want you to meet our newest employee, thc4breakfast"

"ummm, no it's thc4breakfeast."

Yeah, getting a job at 15 is hard, but you can do it. Hit up all your parents friends and see if they can help. Can you still be a paperboy now at 15? What about bagging or stocking at a grocery store? Keep looking and use your social network.
that gave me a good laugh, haven't seen any tom thumbs yet but never thought of checkin kroger the chances are slim but theres still a chance.

I wouldn't be to thrilled about being a bagger, don't think I could to it under the influence of any drug (unless you want your eggs smooshed ). but it sure beats the hell out of fast food.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by thc4breakfeast
that gave me a good laugh, haven't seen any tom thumbs yet but never thought of checkin kroger the chances are slim but theres still a chance.

I wouldn't be to thrilled about being a bagger, don't think I could to it under the influence of any drug (unless you want your eggs smooshed ). but it sure beats the hell out of fast food.
trust me...its easy and beats fastfood. Kroger/Albertsons/Tom Thumb all hire 15 y/o's

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Lifer

It will be hard to find a full time job being 15, especially with all the child labor laws out now, and you cant legally drive so thats another thing that sucks... I would check out a grocery store, its not too bad...

Quote:
I, don't think I could to it under the influence of any drug (unless you want your eggs smooshed )

Word of advice.... Saying you cant do something under the influence of a drug, let alone doing drugs, really helps your ass get hired, especially when your posting it up trying to get people off here to set you up with something....

Think about that juussttt a little bit

Lifted truck to get me there and a single speed bike to ride it.

'02 Dodge quad caB- 6 inch on 35's.
07 Polaris Predator 500
And a whole mess of bikes.
Mustang again, soon....
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Get Some!! Get some!!

mow some lawns no joke, my neighbors kid does it and makes some good money.
that and he does have to worry about getting a ride and all that BS. Builds character
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 09:18 PM
VTEC not VTECH

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
grocery store bagger.. sucks but its income and its EASY
What I was going to say...

-Viet

2000 CIVIC Si FBP Parting out (04/16/06)
1997 CIVIC DX hatch VMS B18c1 SOLD
1988 Mustang GT SOLD
2001 Kawasaki ZX6-R Lowered and Straped SOLD
1989 CR-X BY B16a SOLD
1999 CIVIC DX DAP hatch B18c1 STOLEN
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Lifer

Kroger hired me when i was 15 years old and was excited as hell, of course they only gave me limited hours because i was 15 and school was still going on but once summer came around and school was out i got more hours. Give it a try and what helped was you sometimes got tips from some customers.

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:40 AM
11-05-09

Quote:
I know East and South Dallas, and know Garland like the back of my hand.
LMAO! And you got your ass beat in Frisco! I work down in the LedBetter, Keist, Illinois area regularly, and I guarantee you wouldn't last a day down there!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Turn Your Swag On!

Try Winn Dixie and Schlotzky's. I had two friends that worked at both those places when they were 15. Not sure what their pay was, but I don't know if they still paid minimum wage since they were only 15.

The best gig might be babysitting, believe it or not. Yea, it sounds like a girly job, but most neighbors I know with sons wanted to hire a male babysitter since their sons were a lot more respectful towards them and guys like video games, playing catch, and stuff like that. My neighbor hired me for about $15/hour to do that, best paying job I ever had!

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Time Served

I used to take care of people's pets when they went out of town before I got a real job. It was awesome, I got really good pay and it was easy as hell

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
LMAO! And you got your ass beat in Frisco! I work down in the LedBetter, Keist, Illinois area regularly, and I guarantee you wouldn't last a day down there!
Anybody can get there ass beat at any place. I was walking away when I got attacked from behind from multiple people because I wouldn't sell them drugs.

Your a dumbass. Did you think I was trying to make it out like I was some thug? I'm 5'8, 135lbs. and definatly not a banger. I was just saying i've lived in Dallas and Garland for most of my life, and know how to get around there.

You may not believe me, but I don't give a shit. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially on the internet. Even though I got attacked from behind from kids older/bigger than me and received a concussion it doesn't bother me that much. It was a life lesson I learned things from it, and fuck I even walked out the hospital with a vicodin prescription.

This was very off-topic, but let me end it saying this : I handled a good ol' ass-kickin better than you ever would have. For all I know your one of the rich white cowards that hit me from behind, you've probally never been touched by anybody in your life.

Thanks to all that replied to this thread, I got cleaned up the other day and got an application from Kroger and Albertsons, they were in need of bagboys i'll have the word in soon, but odds are very likely i'll have a job in a few days!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Also incase any other 15 y/o's are browsing here the local subways over here are hiring. I was pretty surprised, but it wasn't a job I would look forward to going to everyday.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Time Served

For 15 your pretty damn picky. I thought you wanted a job? You dont want to work you want to sit around and earn a paycheck for doing nothing. Your just a punk-ass, lazy little shit!!!!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Anybody can get there ass beat at any place. I was walking away when I got attacked from behind from multiple people because I wouldn't sell them drugs.

Sweet dude, ur a faggot. seriously, first 15 yr olds dont sell drugs u bitch, 2nd, who is gonna want a hire a kid who claims to sell drugs, sweet life fag
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990whitecoupe
For 15 your pretty damn picky. I thought you wanted a job? You dont want to work you want to sit around and earn a paycheck for doing nothing. Your just a punk-ass, lazy little shit!!!!

hahahaha hell yeah he is!

WWWAAAAA!!! I DONT WANT TO WORK AT SUBWAY EVERYDAY! WWWWAAAA!!!

......And what do you expect to be able to do being 15? thats as good as it gets boy. you act like your going to get a phuckin office job... hell you cant even be a pizza boy!

Lifted truck to get me there and a single speed bike to ride it.

'02 Dodge quad caB- 6 inch on 35's.
07 Polaris Predator 500
And a whole mess of bikes.
Mustang again, soon....
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 07:41 PM
wishin i had a fast car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990whitecoupe

It sounds like he is holding out for management position. You know they give those out to 15 year olds all the time...Hey kid take your lumps like everyone else does and sack some groceries and do some hard work so you will see it is better to stay in school and get a good education. So you can get that great job a few years down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement