Warehouse workers.. I have a question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Warehouse workers.. I have a question

I have an interview tomorrow for an entry level warehouse position at local home owned food service. However, being that I have never had a job in the field (or in the DFW AREA for that matter), what is a good "asking" starting pay? I know jobs here (DFW area) tend to pay more than where I moved from. So I would like to have an idea in case they ask what kind of pay I am looking for. I would prefer not to sell myself short.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 03:34 PM
mikey

10.00+
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Lifer

well

Good luck with that lots of these wharehouse's start around 8.00 an hr but usualy give raise in 30 days or so it's hard to say but wouldnt hurt to ask for 10 ..

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thanks for the replies.

{---crossing fingers

{---- Needs more money for projects!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Well still looking

They said with a sales background working in a warehouse would not be enough pay to keep me. I'm glad they know my finances better than me. I will keep looking
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Watch her fall!!!!!! HAHA

try mbm lewisville my brother works there and the pay starts at 12.20

"Speed is a matter of money. How fast do you wanna go."
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thanks but that is about 45 miles away from me. Looks like I am going to wait until Aug (after wifes school summer break) and go back into sales. I keep getting the same response from everywhere. "With the money you were used to making I don't think you would work for our company". I REALLY, REALLY WANTED to work for one company in the warehouse because the hours were perfect for working around my wifes school schedule. But when I went back for the interview, I never even got a chance as some guy said "no way would you work for $8.20 an hour". I replied, "I sure will. I made good money in sales when I had a lot of monthly bills and had to have the money. But now I have no bills to speak of and the hours your company is needing help works perfect for my schedule." I told him about my wife being in school and he just smiled and said "thanks for applying". I responed with "How about I go to work for you today, you don't have to provide insurance as I pay that on my own anyway every year". He reply, "Sorry I don't think you would stay long for $8.20 an hour".

Man it is not ALL about the money right now. Now if the job was like sales 7am-8pm mon-sat. HECK NO, I would not stay for $8/hour. But from 8:30am-5pm Mon-Fri sign me UP!!! I am going crazy staying home all the time!!!

P.S. Went to Linkstaffing They wanted to me to drive to Mesquite to work in a school lunch room for 3 hours for $6.50/hour . I passed on that one(60 miles on way). The next job they called and wanted me to "stand on the street corner with a sign for a company" on Sat-Sun for 6 hours each day. SCRATCH THAT I would rather stay home and go crazy than look like the homeless. Mickey D's would at least give me some hours!!

Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 05-15-2005 at 03:14 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

About the linkstaffing. I guess I made a mistake of dressing decent when I went in. Everyone there was wearing jeans (down past their buts), shorts, tennis shoes, hats on backwards, or bandanas on their head) and I am in dockers and nice button up shirt, with nice shoes and a belt. They were offering everyone else jobs in warehouses or something that sounded decent.

Maybe IF I ever have to go back to a temp agency I will dress like I am a gangster so I can get something decent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement