Looking for a car dealership job. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Looking for a car dealership job.

Looking for a part-time or full time job in the West Fort Worth area. Will take any position other than sales.

Worked in retail sales for 7 years (Appliance and Electronics)
Moved to Fort Worth last year for my wife to attend school.
Now I am needing a job to pay for my car habit!!

If anyone knows of a dealership that is hiring please let me know!

THANKS
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

After receiving an email about this.

I am not looking for a job at a car dealership just so I can get a discount on a car. I already have a new car and don't plan to buy anything, anytime soon. Well maybe another old Mopar. But I don't think the dealerships will be getting those in on trade.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Lifer

I would call the Dealerships were you might think you'll like to work at since it seems there always hiring in one dept. or another

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:42 PM

I live over there, and there ain't shyte at any dealers on that side of town. Closest i found was Arlington.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I would rather walk in and ask to fill out an application. I personally don't think it is professional to call and ask. I want the business to know that I am willing to put some effort into getting a job there.

I applied at Texas Motors Ford, Frank Kent (all chains), Huggins Ford on Bryant Irving, and the Toyota dealership on West Camp Bowie a couple of months ago. However, the only call back was for a sales position (which I wrote on app that I was not interested in sales). And when they called, I explained that I would take any position they would offer other than sales. They all said "that is the only opening that we have at the current time". I asked them to "please keep my application on file in the event an opening became available".

I also talked to a "tech" (who I saw at the grocery store) that works at a local car dealership and he told me, "to get a job at a car dealership without any prior car dealer experience, you pretty much have to know someone at the dealer to get you on". So I figure my chances are slim but I thought I would give it a shot. I plan to go reapply and put in more applications this week. Maybe by filling out a second application it might help me get an interview.

Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 03-19-2005 at 09:35 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 12:15 PM

Well, good luck, but this time of year is pretty hard to get a job at a dealer. Its still in their winter, and they don't get very much business. Plus, being that you have no experience, its going to be extremely hard to get on. The way i first started out many years ago was to work in the parts warehouse, and /or be a porter. That way you can learn all the numbers, and procedures, etc. I worked in parts for 8 years, and just now this last year moved into service as an Advisor, and even that was hard to get into without any actual experience writing service. Sorry to ramble, but i'm just giving you a heads up.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thanks for the info. I applied for a porter or parts help. But I would do pretty much anything (clean tools, wash cars, sweep floors, deliver parts, or whatever) Even if it is only $7.00-$8.00 an hour, I just want something that will keep me busy for the next 3 1/2 years until my wife gets out of school.

If anyone knows of a part time or full time dealership job, parts delivery, or anything please let me know!! I would love to start getting a paycheck again so I can finish a couple of my project cars!

P.S. I have a clean driving record , excellent work history, and excellent work references.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 04:51 PM

Just a little more help....try Don Davis. They kinda suck as an overall dealership, but they ALWAYS need people. There is one in Grapevine, a couple in Arlington, and one in S Arlington.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 05:48 PM
IGOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Just a little more help....try Don Davis. They kinda suck as an overall dealership, but they ALWAYS need people. There is one in Grapevine, a couple in Arlington, and one in S Arlington.
Don Davis is pretty well staffed my bud is a front-end tech, i have been trying for a while, and i like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement