Law enforcement Jobs - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-27-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Post Law enforcement Jobs

Are there any law enforcement jobs out there. Or any security jobs that pay 11-15 dollars and hour. Please PM WITH ANSWERS
Bullitt3246 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
Of course there jobs out there for Law Enforcement here are a few that are hiring.
Plano, Texas Police Start pay $45,290 a year www.planotx.org
Mesquite, Texas Start pay $45,290 www.cityofmesquite.com
Farmers Branch, Texas Start pay $3,580 a month www.ci.farmers-branch.tx.us/Police/Police.html
Dallas, Texas Start pay $39,640 and top out pay $62,772 www.dallaspolice.net

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 1,203
Corrections officers downtown Dallas working in the jail. Ft Worth probably has the same.
jwalk is offline  
 
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:23 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 265
If you haven't already gone to the academy you need to find someone to sponsor you, sponsoring you means they will pay for all or most of your academy training,law enforcement certifications. Most of the cities in the DFW area will require a criminal justice degree. Arlington requires a 4 year college degree... i know this from first hand experience. Hope this helps you in your search for law enforcement employment. if you have any questions feel free to contact my boyfriend Ben: 682-365-9983
Black Widow is offline  
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
Or if you decide not to have a Sponsor you can go to Cedar Valley College and they have Full-time and Part-time course you can take for $975 and can be broken into payments. http://www.cedarvalleycollege.edu/di...ed/lea/lea.htm

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Can someone explain this sponsorship to me. I am also looking into the CJUS field. I have a Bachelors in CJUS, and wanting to go into Law Enforcement either city or Federal. And these courses you take at Cedar Valley, do they TCLEOSE certify you? Thanks!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
Black Ac
Sending you a PM

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 05:58 AM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
Here are other schools that offer the same program that Cedar Valley College offers.
http://www.tccd.edu/neutral/Division...ekey=91&menu=2
Eastfield College http://www.eastfieldcollege.com/cjtc/basic.html

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rockwall TX
Posts: 301
anybody have a link to find out information on Texas State Troopers positions?
ricerocket1135 is offline  
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerocket1135
anybody have a link to find out information on Texas State Troopers positions?
You can go to any search engine and type Texas State Trooper
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/trainin...aineelinks.htm

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Ya Dats my Wifey!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Terrell
Posts: 5,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ac
Can someone explain this sponsorship to me. I am also looking into the CJUS field. I have a Bachelors in CJUS, and wanting to go into Law Enforcement either city or Federal. And these courses you take at Cedar Valley, do they TCLEOSE certify you? Thanks!
yeah id like more info on this also thanks!

89 Coupe *Runs*
91 GT *Almost Complete*
03 Expedition *Wifes Daily*
08 F150 Super Crew *My Daily*
skunkt-u is offline  
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: fort worth tx
Posts: 141
not too late to apply to the fort worth police department. till jan 15

Chris
11.235 @ 123.42 mph 7.13 1/8 mi, 08/04
Car in progress...
89s-trim is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
most all of the larger dept. will send you to their own academy and you will get tcleose certified through them. You have to get it yourself if you are going to smaller citys.

Just a word of advice don't tell them the truth about everything you have done in you life because they will disqualify for being honest. I get disqualified every where I go for something that happen when I was 18. I was riding in a car with my friend and we got pulled over and he had knumchucks under his seat, and we all got arrested for a class A misdemeanor. I got deferred adjudication and it got dismissed and I still can't get anyone to let me take a test. I have never been in trouble since and also have a degree in CRJ. According to what I have read I should be able to after 10 years from the offense. BUT......They are going to get sick of me applying every year.


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe

Last edited by Bullitt3246; 01-09-2005 at 04:07 AM.
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: North Garland
Posts: 6,070
Yes that is one thing about working for a Police Department is that you have to have a clean record and keep it that way. When you do apply they run a criminal background check on you and that can find out almost anything of what you have done in the past. It is going to be really hard to find any department that will hire you with a Class A Misdemeanor on your record. Good luck though!

Last edited by 92lxstang; 01-09-2005 at 09:54 AM.
92lxstang is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Turn Your Swag On!
 
Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,707
I know that SMU is hiring for their police dept. on all shifts. Unless you enjoy writing tickets all throughout the morning and afternoons, I would recommend getting on the evening shift. I think you also have to be certified by the state to be an officer before they hire you too (as is the case with almost all places).

There are also openings at BNSF Railway off of Western Center and I-35W which is a little closer to your location. Look at their site http://www.bnsf.com/ If you're willing to relocate this job pays very well (I think Seattle?), and the railroad retirement is hard to beat...

1955 F-100
2006 S2000
Swag is offline  
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
If you really want to get on as a Police Officer and not take the Civil Service test you can get on with Dart Police. From what i heard awhile back was that as long as you have a clean background record and pass the Police Academy you can get TCLEOSE Certifide but you must sign a 1 or 2 year contract that you will stay on with the Department if not then you must reimburse for them sending you to the Academy. This was afew years ago and may have changed since then.

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Angry

Thats just the thing it should not be on my record. I was not convicted!!!! I plea bargained to keep it off my record. I mean what is the point of probation and deferred adjudication if it stays on your record anyways? I got the case dispostion and it states that it was dismissed!!!!!!! I have asked my lawyer if I can get it removed and he said there is nothing to remove if it was deferred and dismissed. He said if it was not a conviction there is nothing to remove. I need to go get a criminal history check, myself just to see if it comes up. ONE STUPID MISTAKE SHOULD NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING YOUR LIFE STARTED IN THE DIRECTION YOU WANT IT TO GO. I have been researching it there is a way around it. I WILL eventually get into it. I have applied for a few federal jobs and they didn't say shit about it.


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
Bullitt3246
When i applied with the Post Office as Christmas help afew years ago they had me go to Lew Sterrett building and get and pay for my own background check, if i remember correctly you go to two office's there and one is the Felony and the other is a Misdemeanor office or what ever they are called
The cost was something 10 or 12 dollars and it took less then 15 minutes to do.
I would go down there and see if it will show up on your record and if it does not then next time you apply at some angecy just dont say anything. Is there a certain agency you want to get on with or do you just want to get on with any one? The reason i ask is because if one agency said no maybe you can try one of these small agency's and get on with them since they more likely to hire you because they need people and once afew years go by then you can reapply with the one you really want to work for and by then you have the experience under your belt.

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Post

I checked it today. It does still show up. It shows it was dismissed, but any agency will still find it. I went and applied at fort worth as well and they disqualified me again for it. I went to the library to look up some stuff. I found out that if you have a deferred sentence on anything above a class c misdemeanor you can never get it expunched from your record. Maybe I should have pleaded guilty and and sayed I wanted it to be a conviction so it will stay on my record. Then I would have been able to get it expunched. Don't make no damn since to me. The recruiter said if it was expunched they wouldn't be able to find it. Already knew that but it can't be done because i got it deferred. A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next step is writing the governor and asking for a pardon.


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
I have one quick question scince a lot of people have allready been ansering the rest what is expunched and what do you need to do for this? I'm currently considering law enforcement also but have some things to do before I try it out. I will also go down to Lew Steric for the background check but I think I'm clean, just want to do this in case something does come up. I'd appreciate the info and sorry to hear your having so much trouble. Good luck.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 104
expunged

attorney files some paperwork and ask the judge to completely remove any and all records pertaining to a case that was dismissed, no billed and or found not guilty. If you have plead out or was given deferred adjudication, you cannot get it expunged unless it was a traffic ticket. An attorney can apply for a "letter of nondiscloser" if the defendent plead out or was found guilty. The difference is that when a case is "expunged", all records are not only removed from the system, but the documents are actually destroyed. When the "Non-disclosure" is granted, it is removed from the computer system, but the documents remain on file. Any attorney should be able to do this but not all cases can be expunged or granted a Non-Discloser. Holla if you guys need some help....my brother is an attorney.

Arthur Solis

Last edited by soliscustoms; 01-24-2005 at 03:31 PM.
soliscustoms is offline  
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246
Are there any law enforcement jobs out there. Or any security jobs that pay 11-15 dollars and hour. Please PM WITH ANSWERS

Hey, did you every get the proble resolved? I still need to get two cases that were dismissed but the lawyers are charging me a shit load and right now to expunge them and I dont have the money for it. Does anyone out there know anyone that can do it for not so much? The charge here in Dallas was for a DWI.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: san antonio
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow
If you haven't already gone to the academy you need to find someone to sponsor you, sponsoring you means they will pay for all or most of your academy training,law enforcement certifications. Most of the cities in the DFW area will require a criminal justice degree. Arlington requires a 4 year college degree... i know this from first hand experience. Hope this helps you in your search for law enforcement employment. if you have any questions feel free to contact my boyfriend Ben: 682-365-9983
actually i have checked with all my local p.d's and the sponsorship means that they check your background and all the other good stuff and they say yes you are able to become a police officer regarding you pass all written test and physical portions and make it through the academy, some departments will pay your way through the academy the one i was applying for was until i blew my knee and now i didnt get to get in
stocklx is offline  
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 12:25 AM
still here
 
89stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt3246
Thats just the thing it should not be on my record. I was not convicted!!!! I plea bargained to keep it off my record. I mean what is the point of probation and deferred adjudication if it stays on your record anyways? I got the case dispostion and it states that it was dismissed!!!!!!! I have asked my lawyer if I can get it removed and he said there is nothing to remove if it was deferred and dismissed. He said if it was not a conviction there is nothing to remove. I need to go get a criminal history check, myself just to see if it comes up. ONE STUPID MISTAKE SHOULD NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING YOUR LIFE STARTED IN THE DIRECTION YOU WANT IT TO GO. I have been researching it there is a way around it. I WILL eventually get into it. I have applied for a few federal jobs and they didn't say shit about it.

hmm....the problem there is that even with your record showing that you weren't convicted for anything, the arrest will still be on your record, and it's the class A arrest that's probably disqualifying you. from all the different deptartments I've read up on, most say you can't have been arrested or convicted for anything above a class B misdemeanor. The one thing you'd have to get expunged is the arrest.
I have an arrest for a class B misdemeanor on my record from 10/04. I got a pretrial diversion from the district attorney's office, and just completed that 1 year of probation this month. I was told by my person at the Walker County Community Supervision office that they sent a letter saying they were dropping interest in the case, and they said that once it was dropped, it would not show up, but would show I was on probation there. and they said that if someone called in the future asking about it, they couldn't tell them details. they also said that I could in fact go to my lawyer and get him to file to have the actual arrest expunged from my record. Don't know how much that's gonna cost me though.


'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
89stangGT is offline  
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT
hmm....the problem there is that even with your record showing that you weren't convicted for anything, the arrest will still be on your record, and it's the class A arrest that's probably disqualifying you. from all the different deptartments I've read up on, most say you can't have been arrested or convicted for anything above a class B misdemeanor. The one thing you'd have to get expunged is the arrest.
I have an arrest for a class B misdemeanor on my record from 10/04. I got a pretrial diversion from the district attorney's office, and just completed that 1 year of probation this month. I was told by my person at the Walker County Community Supervision office that they sent a letter saying they were dropping interest in the case, and they said that once it was dropped, it would not show up, but would show I was on probation there. and they said that if someone called in the future asking about it, they couldn't tell them details. they also said that I could in fact go to my lawyer and get him to file to have the actual arrest expunged from my record. Don't know how much that's gonna cost me though.

Well from what I have read up on the job postings, I believe it says you cannot have been charged and convicted for anything of a class B misdemeanor or greater. I think that is what it says. I know that it says charged and convicted but I am pretty sure that once they pull up your record and it says you have been arrested for a misdemeanor they can disqualify you at their discresion. As far as the expungement, I called my lawyer about two days ago and he said it would run me around 900 bucks. What sucks is that when he won my trial he had told me he would do it for 300. I can do 300 but I dont know about 900. I know there are some police oficer members on this board because I met one of them a while back. Hopefully he may read this thread and give us some advice as far as what we can do. Or maybe someone out there has an attorney family member and can give us a hook up. There are plenty here that could use that service but of course not so expensive.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
still here
 
89stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_chingonss
Well from what I have read up on the job postings, I believe it says you cannot have been charged and convicted for anything of a class B misdemeanor or greater. I think that is what it says. I know that it says charged and convicted but I am pretty sure that once they pull up your record and it says you have been arrested for a misdemeanor they can disqualify you at their discresion. As far as the expungement, I called my lawyer about two days ago and he said it would run me around 900 bucks. What sucks is that when he won my trial he had told me he would do it for 300. I can do 300 but I dont know about 900. I know there are some police oficer members on this board because I met one of them a while back. Hopefully he may read this thread and give us some advice as far as what we can do. Or maybe someone out there has an attorney family member and can give us a hook up. There are plenty here that could use that service but of course not so expensive.
ok, I just coulda sworn most said you couldn't have anything ABOVE a class B. and, when you're arrested you're pretty much being charged for something. you just haven't been convicted until they convict you.


'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
89stangGT is offline  
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:40 AM
I got your Jihad!!
 
gnturboray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Big D
Posts: 3,492
[QUOTE=Cobra#2885]Of course there jobs out there for Law Enforcement here are a few that are hiring.
Plano, Texas Police Start pay $45,290 a year www.planotx.org
Mesquite, Texas Start pay $45,290 www.cityofmesquite.com

Plano's starting is $50,834.
Mesquite's starting is $46,400.

You need to check your sources.





2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
gnturboray is offline  
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Lifer
 
Cobra#2885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,082
[QUOTE=gnturboray]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra#2885
Of course there jobs out there for Law Enforcement here are a few that are hiring.
Plano, Texas Police Start pay $45,290 a year www.planotx.org
Mesquite, Texas Start pay $45,290 www.cityofmesquite.com

Plano's starting is $50,834.
Mesquite's starting is $46,400.

You need to check your sources.
gnturboray, i checked the PD web-sites before i posted this info and of course this is an old post from last year so things have changed.

1998 Black SVT Cobra #2885
Cobra#2885 is offline  
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
So is there still not anybody out there who may know an attourney who can help me out?
el_chingonss is offline  
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I got your Jihad!!
 
gnturboray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Big D
Posts: 3,492
attourney QUOTE]


How about I hook you up with an english teacher first.





2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
gnturboray is offline  
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
Do what you wish but dont waste my time, if you have to much time in your hands stick you fingers up your ass and enjoy yourself but keep of the thread if you do not have anything good to say.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Most all department are 10 years from the date of the offense on a Class B. With a Class A you can't be certified as a peace officer in the state of Texas. I called TECLOESE or whatever it's called and that's what a lady told me.
If you get a deferred sentence you CAN NOT get your arrest expunged. I have researched this to no end!

Only way I could ever become an officer is to know somebody that's willing to over look the charge and the arrest. TECLOSE does not do the background investigation it's the department. They send it to TECLOSE.

Back when I was really researching this stuff I had an attorney quote me at 500 for an expungement.


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_chingonss
So is there still not anybody out there who may know an attourney who can help me out?

what happened in your case? Dropped? dismissed? plea bargained? grade of the offense?


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Learned some other stuff while reserching.

Under the Law definitions:
Anything but NOT QUILTY is a conviction.

Quilty
deferred sentence
No contest
plea bargain
Etc etc.
They all are considered a conviction for the state.


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
Both of my cases were dismissed. I was completely found not guilty for both but if they run my record they do show up because I havent gotten them expunged. Wich attorney did you talk to? I called the one who I hired for the DWI ofense and he now wants to charge me 900 bucks. When he tried the case he had told me he would do it for 300 but he is now asking 900. I'm gonna give him another call because I havent spoke with him personaly but I will see if he keeps his word on the 300. In any cas can you give me the # to the attorney you spoke to. Thanks. Good Luck.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_chingonss
Both of my cases were dismissed. I was completely found not guilty for both but if they run my record they do show up because I havent gotten them expunged. Wich attorney did you talk to? I called the one who I hired for the DWI ofense and he now wants to charge me 900 bucks. When he tried the case he had told me he would do it for 300 but he is now asking 900. I'm gonna give him another call because I havent spoke with him personaly but I will see if he keeps his word on the 300. In any cas can you give me the # to the attorney you spoke to. Thanks. Good Luck.

I'd have to find the number. I think my attorney referred me to another one.
Did you take your case to a jury trial? Are you SURE you didn't plea bargain?


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
Yea we went to trial and it lasted 3 days and then finaly the jury ruled me as not guilty so it was dismissed. On the first one the guy who actialy comitted the offense spilled the truth and then that one was also dismissed. This one was with the feds and was a felony but like I said it was also dismissed. No rush on the #, you can get it to me when every you can. Thanks for the help.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_chingonss
Yea we went to trial and it lasted 3 days and then finaly the jury ruled me as not guilty so it was dismissed. On the first one the guy who actialy comitted the offense spilled the truth and then that one was also dismissed. This one was with the feds and was a felony but like I said it was also dismissed. No rush on the #, you can get it to me when every you can. Thanks for the help.

PM sent!


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I got your Jihad!!
 
gnturboray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Big D
Posts: 3,492
Don't believe this bs about being arrested and getting off. If someone is tried on a class B or higher and found not guilty that does not mean that they didn't commit the crime,,it means that the state did not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

There are so many people trying to get into law enforcment that the agencies will pass you over for the arrest. TCLEOSE will not issue you a license for certain offenses regardless of what the agency says. Might want to try Balch Springs they'll higher anyone. Good luck.





2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
gnturboray is offline  
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
You may be right as far as not beeing found guilty and the state not beeing able to prove you are guilty beyond reasonable doubt, but that also means you were able to prove to the court beyond reasonable doubt that you were inosent so that meas that you are inosent. The catch there is that the arrests still show if they run your background unless you have it expunged. Once you have it expunged they are required by law to destroy all records of the arrest because you were not supposed to be arrested in the first place. Its all a bunch of law crap but that is the way it is writen. Not contradicting you, just stating my side of view.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray
Don't believe this bs about being arrested and getting off. If someone is tried on a class B or higher and found not guilty that does not mean that they didn't commit the crime,,it means that the state did not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.
No, it means they are not guilty. When a guy gets convicted of murder no one goes around and says "Well the defense just didn't prove their case". That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.
AL P is offline  
post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
You said it much better. By the way, what the heck is up with your avatar???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
No, it means they are not guilty. When a guy gets convicted of murder no one goes around and says "Well the defense just didn't prove their case". That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Captain Hammer
 
90dfw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS
Posts: 5,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray
attourney QUOTE]


How about I hook you up with an english teacher first.
How about we hook you up with a Forum use teacher?? Learn how to use quotes.You have two postings where you tried to Quote someone...Before you start tellings others they need grammer help,make sure you can at least use the forum functions correctly...

It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press
It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech
It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate
It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows protesters to burn it
90dfw is offline  
post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
I got your Jihad!!
 
gnturboray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Big D
Posts: 3,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dfw
How about we hook you up with a Forum use teacher?? Learn how to use quotes.You have two postings where you tried to Quote someone...Before you start tellings others they need grammer help,make sure you can at least use the forum functions correctly...

Hook me up then,,,





2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
gnturboray is offline  
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:12 PM
I got your Jihad!!
 
gnturboray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Big D
Posts: 3,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
No, it means they are not guilty. When a guy gets convicted of murder no one goes around and says "Well the defense just didn't prove their case". That's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

Like OJ,,,yeah he's innocent???? I arrested a DWI some years back that was found not guilty when he were clearly intox and blew over the limit. I was told by the DA that the jury stated in the after trial interview that they thought he was drunk,,,just not drunk enough. So the publics perseption of drunk must be falling down drunk. The statue doesn't say falling down drunk!!!!

So yes, he was guilty,,,but a group of nuckle heads thought otherwise and let him walk.

I personally don't care anymore,,it's not the police departments job to convict the person,,,,we only have to have probable cause to make the arrest and collect the evidence. It's the DA that has to compile the reports and collected evidence and make the case.

And again,,I've processed police applicants,,,if they've been arrested for a class B or above I will not put you through. When you apply you will fill out a form asking if you have ever been arrested. As far as "expunged" there are ways I will find out if you've ever been arrested so don't tell me what I can and can't find!





2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci

Last edited by gnturboray; 02-22-2006 at 11:14 PM. Reason: misspelled work
gnturboray is offline  
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray
Like OJ,,,yeah he's innocent???? I arrested a DWI some years back that was found not guilty when he were clearly intox and blew over the limit.

As far as "expunged" there are ways I will find out if you've ever been arrested so don't tell me what I can and can't find!

First of all, I hope you didn't write any of your reports like this.

Second, an expungement is a Court Order from the courts for documents to be sealed/erased. If you were to find the arrest or any information that was under the expungment, you better not let them know that's why you dismissed them from the hiring process.

I know if I had something expunged and didn't say a word about it while I was appyling for a job, then you bring it up, we would have a nice little lawsuit going on.
I understand you can probably find anything you want, but ya better not tell'em why they were dismissed from the hiring process if it was expunged.....


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 646
Well said Bullit, you know beeing arrested for a crime is different than beeing convicted for it. But I guess everybody already knows that. Yes the police officer only has to have probable cause because he would be responsible if he lets the person go and then that person has an accident, kills someone and then come to find out he was drunk. But then there is also the typical asshole cop who just want to make an arrest so it may look good on his record. You cant arrest anyone if he can clearly pass all of the field sebriety tests and then refuses to take the breathilizer they give out in the field. I even heard from the judges mouth that he did not allow the prosecutor to use that as evidence as it was not reliable evidence. I say this because I did take the field breathilizer test and he would not get a reading and he made me take it about 12 times until I got frustrated with it and told him I would not do it anymore, that is when he then arrested me. My lawyer told me that a lot of officers look to arrest someone towards the end of their shift so they can get some over time throughout the booking process wich from my experience takes a good 2 to 3 hours wich is wrong doing this at the expence of another person. This did come from a lawyer so I can't bouge for that.
el_chingonss is offline  
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 03:55 PM
I got your Jihad!!
 
gnturboray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Big D
Posts: 3,492
Believe what you wish,,,good luck. In Texas roadside breathalizers don't have any bearing on a court case.
And lets believe what lawyers say,,,,that is one of the countries most unethical profession. You can be a convicted felon and still be a lawyer.
As far as a lawsuit?? Who are you going to sue and for what? You are applying for a secured government position which have the ability and the clearance to delve deep into your background where others can't go. So go ahead and sue away,,,and enjoy your Walmart security career.
The term for class B or above is called NON DISCLOSER not expunged.
My last .02,,instead of getting on the internet and asking questions, why don't you contact several of your local LE agencies and talk with them.
Obviously you two guys are experts on law and the real world because you don't want to listen to me or anyone else on the thread, instead you ask a lawyer and he tells you some bs story about police officers and their OT practices!? Like he's one to talk!! I've seen plenty of morons come through or try to be police officers. THOROUGH backgrond investigations will weed out most by itself. Out of 250 applicants,,we will probably hire 7-10 and we will lose 1 or 2 in the training process.
I'm done with this thread,,obviously you two are living in a fantasy world.





2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci

Last edited by gnturboray; 02-23-2006 at 04:23 PM.
gnturboray is offline  
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
CHAMPION
 
Bullitt3246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 4,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray
Believe what you wish,,,good luck. In Texas roadside breathalizers don't have any bearing on a court case.
And lets believe what lawyers say,,,,that is one of the countries most unethical profession. You can be a convicted felon and still be a lawyer.
As far as a lawsuit?? Who are you going to sue and for what? You are applying for a secured government position which have the ability and the clearance to delve deep into your background where others can't go. So go ahead and sue away,,,and enjoy your Walmart security career.
The term for class B or above is called NON DISCLOSER not expunged.
My last .02,,instead of getting on the internet and asking questions, why don't you contact several of your local LE agencies and talk with them.
Obviously you two guys are experts on law and the real world because you don't want to listen to me or anyone else on the thread, instead you ask a lawyer and he tells you some bs story about police officers and their OT practices!? Like he's one to talk!! I've seen plenty of morons come through or try to be police officers. THOROUGH backgrond investigations will weed out most by itself. Out of 250 applicants,,we will probably hire 7-10 and we will lose 1 or 2 in the training process.
I'm done with this thread,,obviously you two are living in a fantasy world.
I never said I'm an expert in law, but I did earn a 4 year degree in criminal Justice/law enforcemant, so I'm not your average JOE when it comes to knowing about the law.
Non-discloser and expunged are two different things, used for two different situations. I know what they both mean and when they can and can't be used.

Oh' and BTW I started this thread in 2004! My security job pays more than your LE job!

Be done then, because I love my Fantasy World!


2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe

Last edited by Bullitt3246; 02-23-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Bullitt3246 is offline  
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 338
portable breath tests (pbts) are not admissable in court, they are just used as more evidence for the report. i dont care what time it is if i need to arrest someone then i will. i dont even put in for ot unless i have been there at least 30-45 mins. we work 8 hour shifts and i work from 11pm to 7am and around 6 im ready to go home and im not looking for ot to pad my stats for the month.

If it wasn't for stupid people, I would be unemployed.
stuart716 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome