My friend sent me this today, he was not qualified enough for the job, so I thought I'd post it here.
I think he said they were paying $30 per hour, which is $62,000 per year roughly. Anywhoo, here is the email description he got, and the contact person at the bottom.
I beleive the office is in Mckinney.
Thank you for forwarding your resume to me regarding the Linux Engineer contract position. After speaking with the manager, he is looking for individuals that have advanced experience setting up a LINUX environment. The qualified individual will have strong system setup and design experience because they will be the "subject matter expert" for initiating LINUX into this corporate environment. I have listed some examples of the level of person we are looking for. If you have this level of experience then update your resume and send it back to me.
Responsible for advanced level system/network design, implementation, integration, clustering, load balancing, back up, and security at corporate and client sites. Software utilized includes:
- LINUX Firewall
- LINUX High Availability (HA) and Load Balancing (LB) Clusters
- LINUX Network Bandwidth Management (Quality of Service, QoS)
- LINUX OS Hardening
- LINUX Self Monitoring and Recovery (using mon)
- LINUX Virtual Private Networking (VPN using OpenVPN, also encryption tunnels using SSH and zebedee)
- LINUX Intrusion Detection System (IDS, Snort)
- Server clustering and high availability behind the firewall (using LINUX Virtual Server, LVS)
Technical Resource Group, Inc.
5910 N. Central Expwy., Ste. 780
Dallas, TX 75206
(214) 265 - 8040 ext. 7941
(214) 265 - 7914 fax
(214) 336 - 8866 cell