Any job openings in Garland/Richardson/Plano area? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Any job openings in Garland/Richardson/Plano area?

I'm trying to find a new job. Working weekends ONLY is fucking killing me. I sit at home all day during the day with nothing to do. Does anybody have any leads to anywhere that is hiring for full or part time during the week. I am willing to work days on Saturday. I'm pretty much open to anything. I'm 18, just graduated and need something to get me through the summer til fall gets here. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

Jacob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 02:52 PM
4.6 love

be a 911 dispatcher..start pay is $16 without knowing anything.....

New life fitness center on Garland Rd. Near 190 is hiring...

Tom thumb on arapaho is hiring for customer service...

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
FTH!

Wanna sell cars?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD95snake
Wanna sell cars?

Where at?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina
New life fitness center on Garland Rd. Near 190 is hiring...

I should go check that out. That's right near my house. Thanks.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 12:31 AM
fuckcanada

Hey when you find a job, let me know...I live in garland, and i need a job too.
Going through college without a job is boring.
Hey MOD95SNAKE
did you use to work at blockbuster? right off of jupiter and buckingham?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 02:08 PM
look at em go

if ur 18, wal mart is always looking for people. it takes a whole lotta people to keep one running. Fill out the questionaire at the little kiosk..chances are if you dont get a call back, u answered 2 or more questions not to their approval. Albertsons does teh same thing. Eckerds currently has a hiring freeze, due to the CVS takeover. Alot of people are leaving for college and what not, so if you wait it out until the end of the hiring freeze, try to be one of the first people in line there. The pharmacy pays real good. I get paid ok in the photo lab, but I really dont do anything. Photo developing is pretty much an automated process now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Time Served

I am moving to the plano area instead of heading up north to tulsa and need a full time position yesterday.... If anyone has any leads please let me know. My fiance and I are waiting on our daughter to get out of the hospital so I need to make some cash for the 85k plus in doctor bills that we just recieved.... How do they go about hiring for the 911 position?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 09:29 AM
4.6 love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricerocket1135
I am moving to the plano area instead of heading up north to tulsa and need a full time position yesterday.... If anyone has any leads please let me know. My fiance and I are waiting on our daughter to get out of the hospital so I need to make some cash for the 85k plus in doctor bills that we just recieved.... How do they go about hiring for the 911 position?
Well, first off need a high school diploma or GED. Clean record must pass drug test and criminal history. Then you will take a typeing and spelling test..after you pass that which is very easy, you will take a 911 test. Where you are given an audio test (EX. you are asked to read a VIN number to an officer, while doing that a 911 call pops up you must answer that and send the right help either a cop,fire,or ems,..then you must go back to reading the vin number to the cop.) You have to be able to do more than 1 thing at a time. My mom can have 1 phone in one hand, tell the cops where to go on the radio, listen to the other dispatchers for information and type all at the same time. Shes been there for over 12 years now. Starting pay i think is a little over $15 without knowing anything....its great pay. Its a great job and exciting. You can always go up there and listen in on the calls. If you listen in on a car chase or a foot chase its very very exciting! PM if you want the number and address to where to go!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 02:45 AM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
Hey when you find a job, let me know...I live in garland, and
Hey MOD95SNAKE
did you use to work at blockbuster? right off of jupiter and buckingham?
no that's mod95cobra who doesn't post anymore, same car only different hood and wheels

n/a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement