DFW Mustang Forums banner

Rode in a $80,000+ BMW 745 LI today......

30K views 771 replies 175 participants last post by  arlockstedt 
#1 ·
I say 80, but think this one was actually a little more than that.

Man, what a sweet ass car........I know it was fully loaded, with everything you can possibly get......the stereo in that thing was simply unbelievable.........I don't have the money for anything remotely close to it but if I did........I would have one. The good life man, Im totally satisfied with what I have but I sure wouldn't mind having something like that. :D

Just thought I would share........

#56 ·
Had a Vulcan 750 cruiser for several months this summer.
It got me back into riding after an 18 year layoff (started a family)
Never could get used to the riding position so I sold it.
Seemed every big bump I hit hammered straight up my spine with that upright riding position.
Plus it felt more like I was just hanging on like a passenger rather than 'riding' the bike.
I found the sport bike position easier on my back & feels more like I'm 'riding' the bike instead of hanging on.

Of course I learned to ride on a '74 Laverda 750SF2 and later owned a couple of Ducati 900 bikes way back in the 70's & 80's.
So I feel more 'at home' on a sport bike.

To each his own :)
If you like riding cruisers ride them, be safe, & have fun.

We're all brothers on 2 wheels :)

#59 ·
bmxerbrett said:
Does anybody in here ride a cruiser??? All I see is threads about crotch rockets. Not to be dissin on crotch rockets but I just would rather ride a cruiser. I own an 05 Honda Shadow. It's my first bike so I went small. Next bike is probably going to be the honda VTX 1800.

Who else rides cruisers in here?

My buddy just bought the honda VTX 1300 retro bike. Very sweet bike. He says is rides real good. He wanted the 1800 but didn't want to pay the extra for it. It still moves for just a 1300 and he is about 6'3 300+lbs.

I choose the crotch rocket bike myself, no need for a crusier yet. I'm still young ;)

#62 ·
My first street bike was a 78 Honda CM185T Twinstar. I burned the engine up trying to make it survive highway rides. Then my dad gave me his 73 Honda CB500K. I rode it for a couple of years then sold it to my uncle. Then I bought a fixer-upper 83 Honda CB1000 Custom for 100 bucks and fixed it up into a really clean street bike. It wasn't super fast...but it would easily do 130+. It was Big, Heavy, shaft drive, and air cooled. That bike was technically a Standard but did look a lot like a cruiser. I sold it in 94 and went several years without a bike. In 2002 I purchased a a severely abused and neglected 83 V-45 Magna for 100 bucks. After hunting for months on Ebay and in salvage yards...I got the bike fairly restored and looking really nice. It ran pretty good for a 750 cruiser (around 125 top speed..and high 12's in a 550 lb cruiser). I liked it but it just wasn't fast enough for me and it had a very short driving range. After a lot of research I decided in early 03' I wanted either a ZX-11 Ninja or a CBR1100xx Blackbird. I ultimately chose the Honda because it is fuel injected (no carbs to sync or rebuild). I love it. Its fast as hell, handles well for a large sportbike, and gets good mileage for its size. I still want a V-65 Magna or V-max just to play with.

#73 ·
murt93coupe said:
Danm, you guys must not be riding to many quads for that bike to be the fastest thing you've been on. :confused: Haven't been in the quad scene for about 6 or 7 years, but I can't remember any quads that would run with the old school 250R's, Quadzillas, or Banshees. Straight line, or on a track.
Check out the pic section for a pic of my quad running a banshee. Technology has blown up for four strokes since you have been into the quad scene ;)

#75 ·
buckwild331 said:
I've raced a many different quads and havn't loss. Guess it's the driver. Also raced a few dirtbike(250's) and they couldn't do any better. Havn't raced a raptor yet(660 0r the new 700). Does anyone know if you can still run your quads at denton. We should have a big quad/dirtbike shoot out :D
Well if you ever go out to Rocky Ridge let me know, Ill change that winning streak of yours :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.