DFW Mustang Forums banner

cowboys cut cortez,

744 views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  Badass2000gt 
#1 ·
and i say good riddance!

#3 ·
What do you expect when you have to hire a kicker in the middle of Camp? I thought he was actually just as good as he should have been considering. Is there anything out there available that is better? No.

#5 ·
Yeah, it was his fault we lost. It had nothing to do with poor play calling or a terrible throw from Bledsoe. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
slow99 said:
i expect an nfl kicker to make 20 ish yard field goals.
So do I, but are there any Kickers on the market that Can be more reliable than him? I doubt it.

I also disagree with the way Dwayne treats his Kickers. With such a "touchy" person as a kicker, a coach should try to show some kind of encouragement rather than doubt in such a person. Parcells has done nothing but doubt him all season very openly in Public.

#13 ·
98COBRA#770 said:
Would Drew have throw that ball or would he have run the clock out if they
had 3 more points on the board?
If they had made a few more first downs, a few less penalties, and a few more completions, had better plays called, would the game had to depend upon a field goal?

#14 ·
slow99 said:
he missed field goals and cost dallas games, there are many places to place blame, but he is one of them.
Fair enough, but why only cut him? Why not fire the coach who was calling plays, why not cut Bledsoe?

Where does the madness end! LOL

#19 ·
Vertnut said:
Cortez wasn't the only reason they lost, but he damn well had a part in it. I'd have cut Bledsoe this morning, and let Romo run it the rest of the year.

And that's exactly why you're not an NFL coach. Bledsoe is not the problem (although the pass at the end was terrible).

COWBOYS!!

Marcus

#22 ·
Marcus, you are right- I'm not an NFL coach, and even I can see how terrible Dreadsoe is. He is a dinosaur just like Parcells. He's slow, has a weak-ass arm, and makes poor decisions. If he wasn't Parcells' butt-buddy, he wouldn't even be in the league. He is NOT the future. It's time to quit relying on old fucks to win ball games. The game is passing them by. What happens next year? Same old thing- find another QB who might have a year or two left in him, to patch up an offense and win a few games. It's getting old. Find some youth, and let them play.

#24 ·
I agree on a previous post that Bledsoe is not the future, but he is probably the best solution right now. I just wish Parcells would have let Romo and Henson play alot more last year towards the end. That way game experience would have shown what kind of QBs they might be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.