Who do you predict will win this Saturday, Oct. 8

• Texas Longhorns

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Oklahoma Sooners

Votes: 15 20.8%

Ok...Lets Get It Started

1K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  Badass2000gt 
#1 ·
The time is here for the Longhorns. Can they BEAT the Sooners on Saturday?

I truly believe if the Horns pull this game out on Sat. then they have almost for sure chance of going undefeated rest of the way. Hopefully to set up a National Title game with USC.

Sooners looked alot better against K-state then against their other opponents thus far, so maybe it will turn out to be a better game than most people thought it would be. Texas Struggles against Missouri in the first half, but got it rolling the second half.

#27 ·
It should be an interesting ballgame.

If Peterson plays, he will be at about 80%. But an injured Peterson is better than no Peterson.

My question is for all the Tejas fans here.

I've heard how horrible Oklahoma is, over and over again. And that it will be an easy game. So, if Texas wins the game, is it going to be considered a BIG win? Is there going to be alot of smacktalk? It cant be both. I would just like to know which angle most the fans are going to take?

Oklahoma 27
Texas 21

#28 ·
99BRINGIT said:

If Peterson plays, he will be at about 80%. But an injured Peterson is better than no Peterson.

I've heard how horrible Oklahoma is, over and over again. And that it will be an easy game. So, if Texas wins the game, is it going to be considered a BIG win? Is there going to be alot of smacktalk? It cant be both. I would just like to know which angle most the fans are going to take?

Oklahoma 27
Texas 21
It will be a big win, just because it's Texas/OU. OU has been shitting on Texas in Dallas for too long, it will be nice to see their little red flags fluttering up 75 and 35 looking like dumbasses finally.

Especially now that the Texas/A&M game has lost its luster to everyone but die hard Aggies.

I've been to 10 or 11 Texas/OU games and even when its a blowout its a fun game to watch.

#30 ·
99BRINGIT said:

This is Texas/OU....I dont think it matters that both teams aren't in the top ten like has happened the last number of years. It will still be a considered a "BIG" game in my eyes. Im looking forward to it as always.

Im sure OU will put up a good fight but Ill go with Texas. As in most rivalry games, the scores tend to be close, so if the line is 14, I would have to think really hard about picking Texas. With no line, Texas no doubt.

#31 ·
TRAXX said:
As in most rivalry games, the scores tend to be close, so if the line is 14, I would have to think really hard about picking Texas. With no line, Texas no doubt.
That is why this is a toss up for me. Most likely I'll leave it alone.

+14 is big, especially for Texas. They aren't very stellar against the line as it is. Add OU to the equation it may be a closer game.

Given the performance of the two this year the game should be a blowout in Texas' favor. Young has beat up Michigan, Young beat up Ohio State...Young has beat up A&M on multiple occassions if he wants to get "god" (little g) status at UT all he needs is a OU thrashing.

Young has stepped up for every big game except OU. Given the shitty first part of the season from OU this is his perfect opportunity.

OU still hasn't settled the OL yet, Bomar is iffy and Peterson is hurt. Their defense is very suspect.

Mack Attack and Young should slam it down Sooner throat. Question is will they.

#32 · (Edited)
Boss Hogg said:
Yes, it can be both.
Maybe you didnt understand my question. I didnt explain it very well actually.

I've heard how sucky Oklahoma is from everyone here. That they are the "worst team in the Big 12", and how they "barely beat Tulsa." "Bomar sucks", the "defense sucks" and "Peterson is overrated."

Yet, I am now hearing from UT fans that this would be a BIG win. How can it be? Playing a non ranked bunch of nobodys? A 2-2 Oklahoma team that could very easily be 1-4? An Oklahoma team that might very well end up 3-8? How can that possibly be a big win?

It has to be one or the other. Just seems like lots of people are riding the fence, trying to set themselves up for something to cheer about.

I on the other fact, am "ALL IN."
Oklahoma wins this game, and it will be a great dissapointment if they dont.

Win or lose, I'll be back from the game Monday morning to post up.

#34 ·
99BRINGIT said:
Maybe you didnt understand my question. I didnt explain it very well actually.

I've heard how sucky Oklahoma is from everyone here. That they are the "worst team in the Big 12", and how they "barely beat Tulsa." "Bomar sucks", the "defense sucks" and "Peterson is overrated."

Yet, I am now hearing from UT fans that this would be a BIG win. How can it be? Playing a non ranked bunch of nobodys? A 2-2 Oklahoma team that could very easily be 1-4? An Oklahoma team that might very well end up 3-8? How can that possibly be a big win?

It has to be one or the other. Just seems like lots of people are riding the fence, trying to set themselves up for something to cheer about.

I on the other fact, am "ALL IN."
Oklahoma wins this game, and it will be a great dissapointment if they dont.

Win or lose, I'll be back from the game Monday morning to post up.
When Texas beats OU it is always a big win. I don't care if Texas is ranked #1 and OU is ranked 1000.

#38 ·
I think that the tu fans are jaded and feel as though this is a team that essentially owns them and until they win over OU they will feel jaded. I do remember in 2002 when an undefeated number 8 ranked Sooner team came into Kyle and lost to us and were not ranked at the time. So it just shows even a top ranked team can get knocked off by a non ranked rival if the emotion is there. I don't see this happening on Saturday in Austin but you never know.

#39 ·
Pro Trash said:
I do remember in 2002 when an undefeated number 8 ranked Sooner team came into Kyle and lost to us and were not ranked at the time.
Where is the DeLorean kept in College Station?

Pro Trash said:
I don't see this happening on Saturday in Austin but you never know.
I bet you will not see this happening on Saturday in Austin.

#43 ·
99BRINGIT said:

Oklahoma 27
Texas 21
It does not matter where each team is ranked or not. this is a big game year in year out. I was watching ESPN Classic today. they have been showing previous TEXAS/OU games from the past. Was watching the '84 game with a freshman Brian Bosworth(forgot about that guy). ANyways I DID NOT know that Mack Brown was Offensive Coordinator under Switzer. :confused:
Damn learn something everyday.

#45 ·
Pro Trash said:
I don't see this happening on Saturday in Austin but you never know.
Why do you try to make college football related posts?
Game's in Austin, huh?
Wanna buy a ticket?

#46 ·

#47 ·

#49 ·
shrp88lx's said:
Sooners will be up for this game but I believe tu is better this year and will win. If tu wins out and gets to play for championship they will get their asses handed to them by USC.

Hold up 12th man... USC has 3 tough games which are Notre Dame, California, and UCLA which all could be traps for USC... Granted the only team that should beat USC is USC, don't hand them the championship yet.

Texas has the best path to the championship if they could just win out. They do have some trap games as well like OU and A@M... I'm sure Coach Fran' has something up his sleeves for the last home game...

#50 ·
Man I am so pumped right now. watching that last hit on Bomar....he got leveled. It was funny to see the Defensive lineman for texas running down the field to score a touchdown. He was just chugging away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.