Who do you predict will win this Saturday, Oct. 8

• Texas Longhorns

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Oklahoma Sooners

Votes: 15 20.8%

Ok...Lets Get It Started

1K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  Badass2000gt 
#1 ·
The time is here for the Longhorns. Can they BEAT the Sooners on Saturday?

I truly believe if the Horns pull this game out on Sat. then they have almost for sure chance of going undefeated rest of the way. Hopefully to set up a National Title game with USC.

Sooners looked alot better against K-state then against their other opponents thus far, so maybe it will turn out to be a better game than most people thought it would be. Texas Struggles against Missouri in the first half, but got it rolling the second half.

#2 ·
As long as we got Mack, we got a chance. :D Should be a good game, but I'll take OU.

BOOMER SOONER!!! :cool:

sidenote: UT(if they win on Saturday) better start blowing some teams way out, word is BCS like Virginia Tech's schedule a lot better. With only one ranked team left(Texas Tech) they might be in some trouble. Props to the dumbasses that route against Big 12 in non-conference, might cost ya. :eek:

#3 ·
jefehbk said:
The time is here for the Longhorns. Can they BEAT the Sooners on Saturday?

I truly believe if the Horns pull this game out on Sat. then they have almost for sure chance of going undefeated rest of the way. Hopefully to set up a National Title game with USC.

Sooners looked alot better against K-state then against their other opponents thus far, so maybe it will turn out to be a better game than most people thought it would be. Texas Struggles against Missouri in the first half, but got it rolling the second half.
Sooners will be up for this game but I believe tu is better this year and will win. If tu wins out and gets to play for championship they will get their asses handed to them by USC.

#4 ·
shrp88lx's said:
Sooners will be up for this game but I believe tu is better this year and will win. If tu wins out and gets to play for championship they will get their asses handed to them by USC.
I give a vote of confidence to tu for this game I think the beginning of the game will be close but after the half it will be all VY and company. I also do not feel that tu will see the championship game this year if both they and VA Tech win out. Tech has a tougher schedule down the road in the ACC versus what remains on tu's schedule. I think if the current top three teams stay undefeated the National title game will be between USC and Va Tech. This is because the points system is based off several factors and one of them is difficulty of schedule.

#5 ·
Texas will win.

shrp88lx's said:
Pro Trash said:
I also do not feel that tu will see the championship game this year if both they and VA Tech win out. Tech has a tougher schedule down the road in the ACC versus what remains on tu's schedule. I think if the current top three teams stay undefeated the National title game will be between USC and Va Tech. This is because the points system is based off several factors and one of them is difficulty of schedule.

Aggie fans - We need another moral victory! Make our dreams come true.

#6 ·
Pro Trash said:
I give a vote of confidence to tu for this game I think the beginning of the game will be close but after the half it will be all VY and company. I also do not feel that tu will see the championship game this year if both they and VA Tech win out. Tech has a tougher schedule down the road in the ACC versus what remains on tu's schedule. I think if the current top three teams stay undefeated the National title game will be between USC and Va Tech. This is because the points system is based off several factors and one of them is difficulty of schedule.
Actually, SOS was taken out of the BCS formula. The only way it can be considered is in the voters minds. Va Tech only plays Miami and FSU this year, both at home. UT had to beat OSU on the road. I think we'll be ok. On the other hand, start buying those Houston Bowl tickets Aggies.

#7 ·
ZYouL8R said:
Actually, SOS was taken out of the BCS formula. The only way it can be considered is in the voters minds. Va Tech only plays Miami and FSU this year, both at home. UT had to beat OSU on the road. I think we'll be ok. On the other hand, start buying those Houston Bowl tickets Aggies.
it was put back with the new system for this year
so texas needs some of it teams to do really well to get ranked or they could be looking from the outside

I think ut should win, but as long as mack is the coach, OU is never out of it.

#10 ·
Cartman said:
it was put back with the new system for this year
so texas needs some of it teams to do really well to get ranked or they could be looking from the outside

I think ut should win, but as long as mack is the coach, OU is never out of it.
I thought the new system used the Coaches poll, Harris Poll, and an average of the 6 computer polls. I don't remember seeing anything about SOS being factored in again.

#11 ·
Va Tech having a harder schedule? Va Tech winning out? :confused: WTF are you smoking dude?

As Woody Paige would say: "LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!!!!"

How many currently top-25 ranked teams has Va Tech played?

NONE!

Will they get past BC, Miami, and Virginia?

No, they will drop at least one of those games.

Texas has already beaten the previously ranked #4 team in the nation and now #8 team. They also have Tech on their schedule who is #16, but that game is not even going to be close as Texas will do exactly what they did to them last year.

Big 12 is definately tougher than the ACC despite what the rankings show.

The championship game will be Texas and USC.

G
#12 ·
SVTVenom said:
I hope you're right

*edit* Texas will win this year. Pandemonium will erupt, and then every UT naysayer will come out of the woodwork with "well OU sucks this year, UT didn't beat them in the last 5 years when they were good." As if teams don't go on streaks and are perfect every year :rolleyes: .

#16 ·
Seriously, the Sooner defense concerns me. I'm the Vince Young nay-sayer, and the reason is what we saw Saturday. The first half, he was dropping snaps (shotgun and under center), missing the open man, and generally just a nut-job. I am hoping he was looking forward to OU, and was just going through the motions. His throwing motion is atrocious, and is the cause of many blocked passes, and just plain BAD THROWS! Now...once he settled down, he was unstoppable. I just hope he can settle down against OU.

The Sooner offense is horrendous, at best. The Horns will massacre whoever the poor bastard is that QB's them. Peterson will think he is being anally probed every time he gets tackled. I would like to see both teams at their best, with no injuries or excuses.

#17 ·
I believe that nd will give usc their first loss. Charlie weiss has those boys fired up! Look for UT and VT to play for all the marbles.

#18 ·
That game was bizzare. He and Smith both had horrible problems with holding on to the ball.

Vertnut said:
Seriously, the Sooner defense concerns me. I'm the Vince Young nay-sayer, and the reason is what we saw Saturday. The first half, he was dropping snaps (shotgun and under center), missing the open man, and generally just a nut-job. I am hoping he was looking forward to OU, and was just going through the motions. His throwing motion is atrocious, and is the cause of many blocked passes, and just plain BAD THROWS! Now...once he settled down, he was unstoppable. I just hope he can settle down against OU.

The Sooner offense is horrendous, at best. The Horns will massacre whoever the poor bastard is that QB's them. Peterson will think he is being anally probed every time he gets tackled. I would like to see both teams at their best, with no injuries or excuses.

#19 ·
hook em' horns! :D

#20 ·
longhorns by alot this time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.