DFW Mustang Forums banner

UFC Aug 20th

1K views 72 replies 23 participants last post by  Matt93Cobra 
#1 ·
Hey, have any of you see the reviews of Liddell’s opponent...
That dude is BAD (they said he is the scariest guy in UFC)
He has over 100 fights and has only lost 5 times! :eek:
I was just wondering if you guys think Chuck Can beat him
(The guy fighting Chuck is one of the few who beat him)

#6 ·
lowthreeohz said:
My mom will be sitting with Tra Telligman's wife @ the fights next week.

Chuck vs. Jeremy should be an awesome fight, and if Horn goes even half way thru the 2nd round with chuck, i think he'll take it.

Should be a kickass fight to watch either way.
What kind of shape is Tra in? He hasn't fought in 2 years and will have his hands full against Sylvia. I know Tra's got some great boxing skills but don't think he'll be able to handle a larger and stronger Tim.

Give me Chuck by 1st rd KO. If the fight goes beyond the 2nd round, I sure hope Chuck's cardio is good.

#9 ·
Davidm97 said:
I don’t know about the whole "half way thru the 1st round thing"
This dude has had over 100 fights and only 5 losses... come on that’s insane
Jeremy Horn is a great fighter but the guy fights all the time. He has fought some of the best but has also beaten A LOT of fucking cans. Rather than fight a few times a year for big money, he fights in lots of small shows where the competition is not nearly as competitive as UFC or Pride.

#10 ·
Matt93Cobra said:
Jeremy Horn is a great fighter but the guy fights all the time. He has fought some of the best but has also beaten A LOT of fucking cans. Rather than fight a few times a year for big money, he fights in lots of small shows where the competition is not nearly as competitive as UFC or Pride.
Oh i see

#12 ·
Matt93Cobra said:
What kind of shape is Tra in? He hasn't fought in 2 years and will have his hands full against Sylvia. I know Tra's got some great boxing skills but don't think he'll be able to handle a larger and stronger Tim.

Give me Chuck by 1st rd KO. If the fight goes beyond the 2nd round, I sure hope Chuck's cardio is good.
From what i've seen, Tra's been training his ass off. I see him @ Phil Sawyer's old school boxing gym.. they train a few times a week. (moms boyfriend is phil - tra's boxing coach). I know Phil's not the only trainer he's been working with and i hope his hard work pays off. Phil's actually got 2 or 3 guys he's worked with on the card for the night, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I do agree though, Tra better bring his A-game, or he's in trouble.

#17 ·
they showed some of Jeremy's fights on fox sports last night. check your listings and see if they are gonna replay it.

Ive got some of his fights on cd and vhs. Hes a badass but never had the style or look to be a posterboy in the big shows. We'll see come Saturday night..

I got my new 50 inch dlp hooked up now. UFC at my house saturday night. Pm me if you want directions.

#20 ·
lowthreeohz said:
John, i might be interested in heading out there if that would be ok.
come on out

Davidm97 said:
yea im watiching it at my dads
he has a 61in dlp :D
but they dont broadcast that shit in hd :mad:
where did you find a 50 inch dlp i cant find em anywhere :confused:
how much did you pay for it?
I wish they had it in HD. I'm gonna get hd service, either comcast or direct tv, so I can get the hdnet channel. they show alot of fights in hd.

I bought a Samsung. Got a hell of a deal too. $2100 for tv and stand. brand new, shipping and tax. Cant tell you where I got it though. It was a good hookup.

#23 ·
Juiced89lx said:
they showed some of Jeremy's fights on fox sports last night. check your listings and see if they are gonna replay it.

Ive got some of his fights on cd and vhs. Hes a badass but never had the style or look to be a posterboy in the big shows. We'll see come Saturday night..

I got my new 50 inch dlp hooked up now. UFC at my house saturday night. Pm me if you want directions.
Not to mention the 53 inch projection TV sitting right beside it...

not only will the sound be in stereo, so will the picture :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.