Question: Maintaining Acura interior - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Question: Maintaining Acura interior

Hi Nick!

My husband recently purchased an Acura TL for me. It has a black dash & black perforated leather interior. I want to keep it as new as possible. What do you suggest I use on the interior for cleaning & protecting? Acura offers a line of products but I'm not sure which of them is necessary. The service guy suggested I simply use a damp cloth on the dash area... what are your thoughts? The car was slightly used when he purchased it & I can tell the previous owner damaged the side door panels a bit by using an Armor All type product... they are shiny in some areas & dull/worn in others. Grrrrrr!

Oh, and are 'touchless' car washes ok for interim quick washes?

I was looking at some of these products: http://acura.bernardiparts.com/Depar...sCleaners.aspx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Time Served

Congrats on the new to you car purchase. For the black interior if your wanting to maintain the clean, the product that he uses on interior is called Meguiars #40. its like wax in a sense its wipe on, wipe off. The longer you let it sit the more shiny it will stay.
As for the dull spots on the door, more then likely its just where the previous owner put their arm, so it just rubbed product off or got dirty. The #40 is a cleaner as well so if you scrub the area a bit with the product it can possibly clean the dirt out.
The touchless car washes are great in a sense that they dont touch the paint, so it wont scratch the paint. But in another sense its horrible for the paint because since hey are not "touching" the car, they have to use more harsh chemicals, which will strip every bit of wax or protect-ant off the car, leaving it vulnerable to the elements. Always prefer a good hand wash/dry using the 2 bucket method with a grit guard and PH balanced soap for the car.

But at LEAST the hand wash with ph balanced soap for the car to help the wax last as long as possible.

And when it comes to wax's, most over the counter wax's in Texas will last you 1-3 months, depending on how you take care of the car.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Lifer

If you have time, ONR.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement