Cleaning carpet - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Cleaning carpet

I have one of the Bissel floor cleaners, that has a hand held attachment for cleaning carpets. it works perfect, but I need a good shampoo/cleaner for it. I used the bissel shit, and it leaves it clean, but with an odor. Can I use Meguiars APC+? Will it leave a pleasent smell? If so, shall it be diluted or straight?

Thanks Nick!

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Iamwaxman!

Dilute it 10:1 and you'll be fine. Don't use it straight or it'll be hell to get out of the carpet.

Mix the APC+ in a spray bottle(10:1). Spray the carpet with it, then take a brush and agitate it. Use the Bissel with WATER ONLY. Use it to rinse out the APC+. Don't put anything in the machine, straight water only.

Call me if you need any help.

Nick
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

also its because the bissel doesn't use a dry cleaning system so your just dumping water into your carpets and its building mold and mildew in it

and your stains come back in the same place eventualy as well

03 SNAKE OX WHITE VERT JUST ADDED THE 140AX WHIPPLE, 60# INJECTORS, BOOST-A-PUMP, FPDM UPGRADE, HARNESS UPGRADE, SUPER CAR FUEL PUMPS, HEAT EXCHANGER AND RESEVOIR, CATLESS XPIPE, MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK, CENTER FORCE CLUTCH UPGRADE, SHORT THROW, IRS DIFF BRACE AND BUSHINGS, MASS AIR AND INTAKE, IDLER TENSIONER AND PULLEYS, MANUAL TENSIONER, 2.75 BLOWER PULLEY, QA1 12WAY ADJUSTIBLE REAR SHOCKS, WATERMETH KIT WITH A SAFE TUNE MADE 604RWHP AND 598RWTRQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement