Clearcoat? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Genetically Blessed

Clearcoat?

This may be a stupid question, but I don't know why I haven't thought of it. Could I get a shop to put just clearcoat on my car. It's stage 1, and Nick has it looking really good right now. But, I don't want it to oxidize back...I know I need to keep a fresh coat of wax on it at all times to prevent this. However, could I get a shop to just put clearcoat on my existing paint? If you know of anyone or approximate price range, that'd be great too. 92 Mustang.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
This may be a stupid question, but I don't know why I haven't thought of it. Could I get a shop to put just clearcoat on my car. It's stage 1, and Nick has it looking really good right now. But, I don't want it to oxidize back...I know I need to keep a fresh coat of wax on it at all times to prevent this. However, could I get a shop to just put clearcoat on my existing paint? If you know of anyone or approximate price range, that'd be great too. 92 Mustang.
Thanks
Yes you can do that, but why would you wanna do that? If the car was done right which it probably wasnt since you used a clueless fuck like nick to detail a car. It will probably oxidize back since that what Meguiars products do to a car!

But I can reclear coat the car for you if you want though, its up to you. It would be about $600 - $800
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked2001GT
Yes you can do that, but why would you wanna do that? If the car was done right which it probably wasnt since you used a clueless fuck like nick to detail a car. It will probably oxidize back since that what Meguiars products do to a car!

But I can reclear coat the car for you if you want though, its up to you. It would be about $600 - $800
I think we've seen plenty to prove he's not clueless.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Time Served

hmm, i really hope thats some sort of a joke...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterfiend
hmm, i really hope thats some sort of a joke...
Do you mean with Wicked's remarks? That was uncalled for, what an ass.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Do you mean with Wicked's remarks? That was uncalled for, what an ass.
Who? Oh... my bad... I usually skip over the coments of the members who have been banned....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked2001GT

Ya, because it's the cleaning products and not the fact that the car's old paint is subjected to the elements without a clearcoat protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement