Color sand and buff pics. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Color sand and buff pics.

I finally got around to color sanding and buffing the coupe. The paint was fairly new but needed to be buffed because of paint nibs, small runs and scratches that were visible. It was a medium grade repaint but I knew that it would come out good. I bought a new da sander with a complete set up for color sanding. Keep in mind I have done this a lot over the years but always by hand which sucks! The third picture is where I went over the hood a little to give you a idea of what it looked like before. All the spots you see are imperfections in the paint. The first picture is after the panel was sanded and all the texture was removed. The second picture is the panel after it was buffed. I started with 1500 grit sandpaper but it wasn't cutting fast enough so I went with 800 and then followed with 1500. I'm sure I could have done it all with the 1500 had I been willing to put in the time, but since I was doing the car top to bottom I wanted to get through it as soon as possible. I spent about 20 hours start to finish which was a total beat down. I used 3M Perfect-It 3000 compound and glaze and then Meguires Tech Wax. The orange peel came out completely and the paint is a 9.9 out of 10. I'll add a all over shot later when I get the car back together completely. I removed all the window mouldings and repainted all the black trim but I still have to reinstall it and put the new wheels on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandedhood.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	76797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandedhoodreadytobuff.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	76798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffedhood.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	76799  

Last edited by rickl; 06-06-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement