cleaning my wheels - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

cleaning my wheels

ive got a set of pro stars and draglites that need cleaning. I have a powerball and bought some mothers wheel polish for it. It cleaned up alright. But I didn't have any damn rags so plus I couldn't find the good drill. I'm just curious on what yall used to help them shine again.

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89
ive got a set of pro stars and draglites that need cleaning. I have a powerball and bought some mothers wheel polish for it. It cleaned up alright. But I didn't have any damn rags so plus I couldn't find the good drill. I'm just curious on what yall used to help them shine again.

IMO Mothers rim cleaner is JUNK. Theres some stuff you can buy at the local parts house called "Blue Majic" It comes in a small tub with a blue lid. It's a light blue paste with a strong ammonia smell. I found it to work excellent with the ball.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclestang89
When I had prostars I use mother's aluminum polish. I did it by hand and it still didn't turn out all that good looking. Maybe I didn't spend enough time though

How do you like the powerball? Does it last long or shred up quickly? I'm thinkin' abut getting one to clean my fr500s

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

On real dirty rims use mothers and go back over it with Xtreme wheel polish (discount tire). One you get them polished up use xtreme about once every two months. That shit is bad ass!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark
When I had prostars I use mother's aluminum polish. I did it by hand and it still didn't turn out all that good looking. Maybe I didn't spend enough time though

How do you like the powerball? Does it last long or shred up quickly? I'm thinkin' abut getting one to clean my fr500s
Mothers is kinda coarse and actually still leaves scratches in the aluminum. Try out the xtreme, its not as coarse and brings out the "final" shine . I ve been using it for 10 years or so.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Iamwaxman!

I use the Mothers powerball when I can. Just make sure you have an impact drill, and turn it down as far as you can. That way, if the powerball gets hung up, then it stops spinning and doesn't shred the powerball.

As far as polish goes, I got a sample from a distributor here a while back. I can't remember the name of this stuff, but it works better than any other metal polish that I've ever used. I'll go out to the van here in a bit and get the name of the stuff.

Nick
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
PVC Racing

thanks guys, i might give that Xtreme wheel polish a try or whatever Nick post up about that other stuff. I didn't think about using the impact. hmm good idea

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 AM

hey Nick did you ever get the name of that polish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement