Meguiar's coming out with a new product... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Meguiar's coming out with a new product...

Just a heads up, Meguiar's is coming out with a new "spray and wipe" type product like Quik Detailer. I've been doing a lot of test with Meguiar's on this product, and I have to say that it is awsome! Much better than any other spray and wipe type product that I've ever used! It's super slick, and gives awesome glossy results. Wipe it on, turn the towel over to wipe the excess product off and the towel just glides across the paints surface. Deepens the color of the vehicle, and from what I've seen it actually repells water. It's not a spray wax(at least I don't think they're going to market it that way), but it definitely outperforms anything else on the market in it's class.
Not sure what the name of the product is going to be, right now it's simply labled as "Product 129D". But as soon as I get some more info on it, I will pass it on to you guys.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM

I knew a girl with the nickname "Spray and Wipe" at the University I went to.

We called her "Saw" for short, but I like "Product 129D" better.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Genetically Blessed

Would this be something similar to the gloss spray I was telling you I always used as the last step of washing my car? I could use this product after a wash, and then still use the quick detailer for touch ups between washings?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Would this be something similar to the gloss spray I was telling you I always used as the last step of washing my car? I could use this product after a wash, and then still use the quick detailer for touch ups between washings?

Only thing I was only told was that it is intended to be a mist and wipe type product(like Quik Detailer), and to put it thru the wringer as much as I could, then pass my findings on to them. Anything more than that, I can not answer aside from my experience with it. I am not sure how exactly they're going to market this product.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 12:50 PM

do you know a price?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom vroom stang
do you know a price?

No, they don't even have a label for it yet
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
I've always used Wizards. It's the only I could find to date that didn't streak excessively.

What I've always found myself dissatisfied with is the towels. Even the "micro-'fiber" towels even seem to leave alot of bead left on the surface.

What do you use?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
D
Sofa Kingdom

Thanks for the info Nick. I am currently using the NXT spray and wipe detailer and don't care for it very much, so I bought a bottle of Mother's showtime w/a Mother's clay bar. The Showtime stuff has to be one of the nicest spray and wipes I have ever used.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Lifer

I have always used the meguiars quick detail if this works as good as you say it does I would switch. Is it going to be in local stores ie advance, orileys etc or special stores?

05 GT, 07 Trailblazer SS, 04 Lightning

Past vehicles: 4 93 cobras, 96 cobra, 99 cobra, 03 cobra, 04 cobra,04 cobra vert 8 fox bodies, 3 94-95 gt's, 04 Lighting, SVT contour, 02 Saleen, 2 03 Mach 1's, 02 & 03GT's, 08 bullitt, 01 bullitt,65 Coupe, 07 si
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96lasersnake
I have always used the meguiars quick detail if this works as good as you say it does I would switch. Is it going to be in local stores ie advance, orileys etc or special stores?

I would imagine that it would be in regular auto stores. I'll give more info on this when I have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement