Need a great detailer in DFW area - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Need a great detailer in DFW area

I need someone to point me in the right direction of an awesome detailer in teh dfw area. I have some swirl marks and a few spots where the clear coat on my Jet black M3 have been etched by bird shit and other debris. Nothing too major but it wouldnt come out with a hand waxing i did today and ive never used a buffer so i dont want to learn on my pride and joy. Willing to let an individual or company do it but the work woudl need to be guarenteed, not going to pay someone for a job that i could do myself by hand.

tia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Behind Blue Eyes..

Detail forum...Nick FTW!

CFFL
Looking forward to the road that lies ahead...We enjoy reflecting upon past roads traveled, reliving our adventures through photographs taken and stories penned...Though, it's that next road that drives us onward...that next journey...And who knows where it'll lead?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Lifer

To contact me please leave a PM, email at [email protected] or call 214-205-1287

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Sticky Side Down

pm n737nc and check out the detail shop forum
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Lifer

from what Nick has told me, its hard to removed bird shit etching
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Nick is a good guy... like everyone else said, call him

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Gunga galunga

Nick all the way... Check out his work in the detail forum, if more than speaks for its self!!!!

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:06 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Nick all the way... Check out his work in the detail forum, if more than speaks for its self!!!!
Hellz yeah. He turned slow99's ugly, busted-ass base model C5 Corvette into a beautiful Z06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Hellz yeah. He turned slow99's ugly, busted-ass base model C5 Corvette into a beautiful Z06.
It's true...

https://dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=321718
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

well before i even made this post i sent nick a pm! Just wanted to see what everyone here recommended. He was the only one i saw in the detailing forum and it looks like i made a good guess.

After today i feel like owning a black car is for the lose! Wish i could find a white M3 to get into

Black sure looks great at night though lmao..or in the shade/early morning. Just not at high noon or under bright light. Especially with a big imprint of bird shit on it
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrevino2003
from what Nick has told me, its hard to removed bird shit etching
yes it is...but i believe a orbital buffer should be able to do it...well hopefully
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Genetically Blessed

Go look at the pics in that link of what he did for my car. He just did it yesterday, I've had my car done before by a Zaino guy and they didn't look that good.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 AM

Jason Feldt, guy is absolutely amazing, cheapest price ive found so far, yet does the best job. Guy spent 12 hours on my BMW for a full detail and only charged $160. And he comes to you.

http://www.feldt-detail.com
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

i think nick details alil...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats M Life
After today i feel like owning a black car is for the lose! Wish i could find a white M3 to get into

Black sure looks great at night though lmao..or in the shade/early morning. Just not at high noon or under bright light. Especially with a big imprint of bird shit on it

Nah, black all the way! Get it polished by a professional, and you will love your black car. I can show you ways to keep those swirls away for a while.

Thanks for all of the recomendations guys!

Nick
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

nick ftw. check out the 1969 camaro he did in the detail shop...ridiculous.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Go look at the pics in that link of what he did for my car. He just did it yesterday, I've had my car done before by a Zaino guy and they didn't look that good.

Don't say that too loud, those Zaino head's will come out swinging
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
Don't say that too loud, those Zaino head's will come out swinging
which products do you use for detailing? i was under the impression zaino products are one of the best but i dont know much about the different brands.

and i talk down on the black car but it really is the best lookign color for an m3. Had the chance to get a silver or blue one and went for the black because when its clean nothing compares to it. It also looks awesome at night even when its not clean lol

edit: narf, i imagine you use meguiars hence the avatar. mind giving me your selling points on why you use their line and what makes them stand out? I was reallyyyy close to purchasing a zaino kit offline recently for about $80 but held off because i was broke lol
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
which products do you use for detailing? i was under the impression zaino products are one of the best but i dont know much about the different brands.

and i talk down on the black car but it really is the best lookign color for an m3. Had the chance to get a silver or blue one and went for the black because when its clean nothing compares to it. It also looks awesome at night even when its not clean lol

edit: narf, i imagine you use meguiars hence the avatar. mind giving me your selling points on why you use their line and what makes them stand out? I was reallyyyy close to purchasing a zaino kit offline recently for about $80 but held off because i was broke lol
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=320863

that should be every reason to use nick.

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Gunga galunga

Zaino is a great product, I use it because its easy to apply and maintain. It last a long time and it looks great. For someone with experience, tools, and knowledge (nick) there are much better products choices.

BTW: I wouldn't order the "full kit" from zaino, I only use Z1, Z2 and Z6 and if you are using them correctly they will last you quite awhile.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesford
Zaino is a great product, I use it because its easy to apply and maintain. It last a long time and it looks great. For someone with experience, tools, and knowledge (nick) there are much better products choices.

BTW: I wouldn't order the "full kit" from zaino, I only use Z1, Z2 and Z6 and if you are using them correctly they will last you quite awhile.
Agreed, I ordered the full kit and only use 3 or 4 of the products. On that note, Jakesford, or any other Zaino guys, if you want over 1/2 bottle of Z2, 1.5 Zaino clay bars, and 1/2 bottle of Z6, and the mixing containers, come get it. First pm takes it. I'm in Dallas at Mockingbird and 75.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:

I'm going to open up a can of worms here on the forum if I start talking bad about Zaino

Basically, it all comes down to prep work. Just like painting a car, if your prep work sucks, your paint job is going to look like crap. Preping a car correctly for wax is the same thing. In order to do propper prep work, you need products that work for YOU. Zanio is a good product for what it was designed for. I just prefer a different product, and my customers that were previous Zaino heads can see a difference and prefer my method.

I can tell you my reasons why I don't like Zaino, but I would prefer to do it off of here. Anytime anyone starts talking bad about Zaino on here, it gets things into a heated discussion.

Nick
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
I'm going to open up a can of worms here on the forum if I start talking bad about Zaino

Basically, it all comes down to prep work. Just like painting a car, if your prep work sucks, your paint job is going to look like crap. Preping a car correctly for wax is the same thing. In order to do propper prep work, you need products that work for YOU. Zanio is a good product for what it was designed for. I just prefer a different product, and my customers that were previous Zaino heads can see a difference and prefer my method.

I can tell you my reasons why I don't like Zaino, but I would prefer to do it off of here. Anytime anyone starts talking bad about Zaino on here, it gets things into a heated discussion.

Nick
lol, i understand ill definately dive into this in person with you then
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
We lost one.....

Nothing against Nick but for those who may not be close to him I just thought I would make a suggestion. Prime Time in Dallas off near Royal and Central Expressway. I've used them and several other at my job have had them come out. They are mobile or will come pick up your car and bring it back to you.
www.primetimeautocare.com
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mychael101
Nothing against Nick but for those who may not be close to him I just thought I would make a suggestion. Prime Time in Dallas off near Royal and Central Expressway. I've used them and several other at my job have had them come out. They are mobile or will come pick up your car and bring it back to you.
www.primetimeautocare.com

There is no one that is not close to me, I'm mobile And I travel pretty much anywhere. In fact, this weekend I am heading to Austin to recondition some paint on a brand new car that a dealership had their way with. Then next week, I'm headed to Tyler

I've heard good things about Prime Time. I'm sure they do a good job.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement