Best wax: - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Best wax:

Ive been hearing about this "Turtle Wax Ice" for a while now, so about a month ago I went and bought some. I have a 2001 F150 Supercrew white, and I put it on and it worked "ok" but I wasnt as impressed as some people said.

Well about 2 weeks ago my friend showed me some Turtle Wax Platinum series (Like $9 at the partshouse) It comes in a green tub, with an applicator. Theres a hole in the top and you can see the foam applicator between that top lid and the actual lid that keeps the wax sealed.

Honestly, as far as a fast wax goes, this stuff is by far the best Ive used. I'm not talking about buffing because I know that works better than a fast wax, but this stuff has been on my truck now for about 2 weeks and it still feels smooth and has a good shine to it. Anyone else used this stuff before, or know of anything else that works better because this stuff has me sold ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Banned

That ice stuff is junk, and if you have a white car then you cant even see it when applying. I personally use all Zaino products, you have to order them online but its easy to apply and remove, and lasts longer than any of the stuff I used to use.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
That ice stuff is junk, and if you have a white car then you cant even see it when applying. I personally use all Zaino products, you have to order them online but its easy to apply and remove, and lasts longer than any of the stuff I used to use.
Agreed...I used to have to back up and look down the side of my truck at an angle just to see where it was applied. Then afterwards, I never really noticed that much of a diff.

I'll have to check into that Zaino site.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sec302
Agreed...I used to have to back up and look down the side of my truck at an angle just to see where it was applied. Then afterwards, I never really noticed that much of a diff.

I'll have to check into that Zaino site.
I use to use Zaino on all of my cars. After having Nick detail my mustang and my wifes suv I don't think I will ever waste my money on Zaino again. Nick uses only Mequires and everything he touches looks amazing! Some of the new products that Mequires has work amazingly well and they are about a fourth the cost of Zaino. Zaino is good stuff but it's overpriced and if you run out you can't just go to the store and buy some more.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Retired race car

I would deff. stay away from the ice stuff. I use Tropi-care and have had great results from it and does pretty much everything I need except when I need something a little more abrasive, I step up to PI II. Steve and company over at tropi-care are really great and will help with any questions you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan03mach
Yep, I lost big deal.. You won, you are the master..
I drug the shit outa seb about 4 years ago and it was the best thing to ever happen in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurama View Post
i blew all my money and some of my friends lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurama View Post
of yeah and guys its not hiv or anything, its the herpes
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Lifer

I prefer Zaino as well but really its all in the prep work before you apply a wax or polish. With the right prep work almost any product is going to look good, how good it protects and how long it lasts is a different story.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Genetically Blessed

Zaino here, but Nick is coming to do my car Saturday, so that's probably it for the Zaino...we shall see. By the way, I don't think the stuff Nick uses is off the shelf Meguiar's stuff, pretty sure it's professional level product. But, I've heard good things about their products in general. My wife's car gets treated with Tropicare and it seems to be a good product as well.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99
Zaino here, but Nick is coming to do my car Saturday, so that's probably it for the Zaino...we shall see. By the way, I don't think the stuff Nick uses is off the shelf Meguiar's stuff, pretty sure it's professional level product. But, I've heard good things about their products in general. My wife's car gets treated with Tropicare and it seems to be a good product as well.
He will most likely use some professional level stuff to get your swirls out and to repair any damage to your paint. I'm pretty sure the final coat or two is the high end Meguire's you can buy at AutoZone. Either way, he will tell you what the best thing to keep up with your paint and it is the stuff you can buy at AutoZone. With Nick, it's not so much one individual product but the combination he uses... Plus, I know I wouldn't spend 2 hours on the hood of my car like Nick did!!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:09 PM

if your wax has a turtle on it..dont use it...if you want an off the shelf product...you can get megs. stuff...if you want some really good stuff visit....autogeek.net
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Gunga galunga

I like zaino because its easy to apply and maintaining it with Z6 makes it look like a fresh wax after every wash.

As far as price its really not that bad, I use Z1, Z2, and Z6... I have a bottle of Z5 but haven't really used it much. Z6 is the only thing that I use up quickly.

BTW: If you want to buy Zaino from a store, there is a Line X shop in west fort worth off of hwy 580 that is authorized dealer. They have it in stock and are really nice

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:30 AM
next...

Anyone use zymol anymore ?
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Iamwaxman!

My "personal" opinion, Meguiar's #16 paste wax is THE best wax you could possibly get. it last longer and makes your cars color just pop! Only problem is they don't sell it in the US anymore. You have to order it from Canada or find it on Ebay.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I Have Always Liked Mothers. Seems To Work Great For Me
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
My "personal" opinion, Meguiar's #16 paste wax is THE best wax you could possibly get. it last longer and makes your cars color just pop! Only problem is they don't sell it in the US anymore. You have to order it from Canada or find it on Ebay.
If you have some cans of #16 paste locked away or know someone that does that wouldn't mind selling one give me a pm with a price. I just used my last bit after maybe 6 or 7 years on the same can. Thanks
Jeremy
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDude
If you have some cans of #16 paste locked away or know someone that does that wouldn't mind selling one give me a pm with a price. I just used my last bit after maybe 6 or 7 years on the same can. Thanks
Jeremy

I have 6 tin's that I've stocked over the years
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Here you go $18.
http://www.eshine.ca/proddetail.php?prod=M1611&cat=44

96 Laser red GT
2002 Lincoln Navigator
91 rio red coupe SOLD
90 blue coupe SOLD
2001 F150 SOLD
2004 R6 - SOLD
www.2bones.com
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Time Served

So Nick, would you rather #16 paste as a handwax, or speedwax with D/A polisher?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober0709
So Nick, would you rather #16 paste as a handwax, or speedwax with D/A polisher?
Transfer #16 onto a DA and apply it that way. Much better results! Plus, #16 HAS to be applied VERY THIN. If not, then it's a freaking bear to get off. Using the DA helps to keep a nice thin coat.

Nick
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Time Served

I like Meguires Gold Class. Not sure how long it last though, I don't tend to keep car very long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement