Carpet shampooer or Extractor dilema.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Carpet shampooer or Extractor dilema....

I'm trying to make a decision between keeping my current carpet shampooer or to pony up the cash for an extractor.

I already have the shampooer and it gives me decent results. Doesn't cost me anything to run it. But the extractor would give me much better results. My business is based pretty much around external detailing jobs. I'd say 90% of my work is polishing paint only. So it would take a while for me to recoupe the cost of the extractor. But on the flip side to that, I pride myself on the fact that my results are top notch. But using my simple carpet shampooer does not give me the results that I want.

So, pony up the $750 for the extractor or keep doing what I'm doing with the shampooer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Lifer

What type of extractor are you looking for?

<---Service tech for commercial floorcare eqpt.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Insane In The Membrane

Save money for the extractor over the next few months then buy it.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobuzz
What type of extractor are you looking for?

<---Service tech for commercial floorcare eqpt.

Something kind of small. Portable would be good also. I've been checking out the Durrmaid and the Aztec mini extractors. Both seem to fit my needs very well.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Cobra_Nate
Save money for the extractor over the next few months then buy it.

I have the money for it now. Thats not the issue. I'm trying to justify the cost of the extractor itself, and the fact that it would be quite some time before I could recoupe my purchace price of the extractor since I do so little interior cleanings.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 04:18 PM
The Stock Vert Club

Would it save you time when detailing the interior of a car? I know you spend a lot more time than you need to doing interiors now... if you can knock out an interior quicker with this thing than that will mean you can get to the next car that much quicker. Plus, if it can work miracles on carpet and seats like your paint polishing can than maybe you can charge a premium for it. I was going to also suggest something to you. I don't know if you have any air freshiners now, but I just bought some "Wonder Wafers" (wonderwafersonline.com) and they are amazing! They come from a company located in NRH and it's $30 for 250 of them. Put one under each seat and the car smells freaking fantastic.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Packin' up...

^

Thanks for the link, I just bought the 144 pack of them. I'll post up how they are when I get 'em!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:44 PM
DFWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRedStang
I just bought some "Wonder Wafers" (wonderwafersonline.com) and they are amazing! They come from a company located in NRH and it's $30 for 250 of them. Put one under each seat and the car smells freaking fantastic.
I checked out there website!! I assume you bought the nu car scent. How long do they last and is it a perfume smell??

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Commercial Flooring Guy

FYI> extractors fucked my already fucked up seats even more, be prepared for that
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECDOGGIE
FYI> extractors fucked my already fucked up seats even more, be prepared for that

Can you explain a little more about this? Was it the extractor or the person using it?(not sure who the opperator was). Products used(if you know)? Just looking for a little more insight to your problems.

Nick
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Would it save you time when detailing the interior of a car? I know you spend a lot more time than you need to doing interiors now... if you can knock out an interior quicker with this thing than that will mean you can get to the next car that much quicker. Plus, if it can work miracles on carpet and seats like your paint polishing can than maybe you can charge a premium for it. I was going to also suggest something to you. I don't know if you have any air freshiners now, but I just bought some "Wonder Wafers" (wonderwafersonline.com) and they are amazing! They come from a company located in NRH and it's $30 for 250 of them. Put one under each seat and the car smells freaking fantastic.

Yeah, I believe that it would save a few more minutes. But you know how I work Matt, I tend to take my time, regaurdless what I'm doing.
Thanks for the link, I'll check them out!

Nick
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 05:23 AM
look at em go

gotta spend money to make money. If you are attracting customers that want the best, and are willing to pay to have a show car quality detail, go for it. If 99% of your customers are just trying to get a very clean looking daily and the and your shampooer is more than doing the job, then stick with the shampooer a little longer.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 11:52 AM
The Stock Vert Club

I bought the "clean car" scent. The car wash I go to sometimes uses that scent and they smell great... I was getting the car washed the other day and saw all the canisters sitting with the different scents... I picked one up, read it, and then googled "wonder wafer" and found the website. I get either Clean Car or Spice and they both smell great. Use two cards... one under each seat and your car will smell great for about a week and slowly fade after that. I know I got my car washed smelled great for a little over a week, came back from a week vacation after that and the car still smelled great. I think the scent fades after about 9 or 10 days but it's still there, you just get a little used to it. I figure if you buy the 250 pack, it's about $.25 for two cards. I figure a quarter every ten days to keep my car smelling great isn't anything! As far as a the overall scent... it smells good... not too strong but you definately notice it. I'd stick with Clean Car, Spice, or Vanilla.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 AM
DFWS

Quote:
I bought the "clean car" scent. The car wash I go to sometimes uses that scent and they smell great... I was getting the car washed the other day and saw all the canisters sitting with the different scents... I picked one up, read it, and then googled "wonder wafer" and found the website. I get either Clean Car or Spice and they both smell great. Use two cards... one under each seat and your car will smell great for about a week and slowly fade after that. I know I got my car washed smelled great for a little over a week, came back from a week vacation after that and the car still smelled great. I think the scent fades after about 9 or 10 days but it's still there, you just get a little used to it. I figure if you buy the 250 pack, it's about $.25 for two cards. I figure a quarter every ten days to keep my car smelling great isn't anything! As far as a the overall scent... it smells good... not too strong but you definately notice it. I'd stick with Clean Car, Spice, or Vanilla.
thanks!! i'll check it out.

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
I love new car smell...but do the things actually smell like a new car?

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg
I love new car smell...but do the things actually smell like a new car?
CLEAN CAR.. not new car. Every "new car" scent I have ever tried smelled like crap. My Altima is a year old and still smells new to a lot of people when they first get in it. The Clean Car freshner seems to compliment that as opposed to cover it up. I put one under each seat of my wifes car last night and it smells great today!
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Gunga galunga

sweet, thanks for the link. I have a couple of those under my seat from the car wash but never knew who made them!

Anyone know what the car wash places use for "tire wet"?... It always last forever, and it doesn't get on your paint even when you drive off with it wet.

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarette 70
^

Thanks for the link, I just bought the 144 pack of them. I'll post up how they are when I get 'em!
Still waiting...
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Still waiting...

Dang! Talk about slow shipping!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke

Quote:
Still waiting...
you are in Euless..just go by their store and pick them up next time. I bet they will give ya discount since they dont have to pay shipping

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:36 AM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
Still waiting...
Wow... did you try calling them? I ordered mine at like 1pm on a tuesday and they were sitting on my doorstep when I got home the next day! I couldn't believe how fast it was.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Wow... did you try calling them? I ordered mine at like 1pm on a tuesday and they were sitting on my doorstep when I got home the next day! I couldn't believe how fast it was.
I picked it up today... my apt didn't call me and let me know that the package had been sitting up there

Daaang that's alot of air freshners! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0226.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	74249  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM
The Stock Vert Club

Quote:
I picked it up today... my apt didn't call me and let me know that the package had been sitting up there

Daaang that's alot of air freshners! lol
Sweet! Enjoy! I use two at a time... seems to be the perfect amount. How long has it been sitting at the office?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement