Perforated Leather - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Perforated Leather

I have Meguiars Leather conditioner and was wondering how you do the perforated seats with this stuff. My Mustang has the fake perforations that dont go all the way through, but I wanted to condition my moms car as well. Her car has the heated/cooled seats with real perforations and the stuff I have will seap into it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Iamwaxman!

It only works if you're smarter than the cow that the leather came from

I'm not sure which leather conditioner you have. Meguiars has one that comes in a squeeze bottle thats creamy, and another that is in a spray bottle. The spray bottle shouldn't give you too much of a problem, but the cream works so much better!

So, for the cream, get one of those round microfiber applicator pads from the auto parts store or somewhere like that. Apply a small amount to your applicator pad. If you have an area that is not perforated, start there. This allows you to evenly distribute the product on the applicator pad.

If you have to, apply the cream to the applicator pad, then fold the applicator pad onto itself to work the cream into the pad. Then apply the pad to the seat. The less product you use, the less chance that you'll get that build up in those little perforated holes. So it's important to use a very small amount at a time.

Afterwards, use a clean microfiber and give the seats a good wipe down. If you do end up getting a little product in those perforated holes, get a soft toothbrush and lightly brush the affected holes. This should bring the excess product out.

Hope this helps,
Nick

Last edited by Nick Chapman; 01-28-2007 at 05:16 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by n737nc
It only works if you're smarter than the cow that the leather came from

I'm not sure which leather conditioner you have. Meguiars has one that comes in a squeeze bottle thats creamy, and another that is in a spray bottle. The spray bottle shouldn't give you too much of a problem, but the cream works so much better!

So, for the cream, get one of those round microfiber applicator pads from the auto parts store or somewhere like that. Apply a small amount to your applicator pad. If you have an area that is not perforated, start there. This allows you to evenly distribute the product on the applicator pad.

If you have to, apply the cream to the applicator pad, then fold the applicator pad onto itself to work the cream into the pad. Then apply the pad to the seat. The less product you use, the less chance that you'll get that build up in those little perforated holes. So it's important to use a very small amount at a time.

Afterwards, use a clean microfiber and give the seats a good wipe down. If you do end up getting a little product in those perforated holes, get a soft toothbrush and lightly brush the affected holes. This should bring the excess product out.

Hope this helps,
Nick

Yeah I have the cream. I just used it on my seats the other day, took me a couple of hours to condition the entire car. I also have those microfiber pads, but I used those to buff out when applied. I used a cotton t-shirt to apply. And I did use a toothbrush to take out excess on my seats, but like I said they are fake perforations on the Mustang so the brush easily got it out. I guess I will use less and pat it down on the pad like you said. Thanks! Appreciate it.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Lifer

My Z has perferated leather and its a bitch to use the cream without it getting all guped up in the holes.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

The Mach was a PITA to use the cream on as well. I used a buffer though and did like n737nc said...not half as much cream in the holes. That sounded awful.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Iamwaxman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90StangLX5.0
not half as much cream in the holes.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:56 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom

rofl...i knew it sounded bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement