DFW Mustang Forums banner

Finally got a garage to work on cars....

1K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Mustangman_2000 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, after being 100% mobile for a long time, I've finally got a fixed location to work on cars. I'm still going to offer my mobile service, but since my schedule has been so busy with my full time job, child care issues and this detailing business, it was hard to work all of these cars in and get them finished. I was only able to go out and detail cars about 2-3 days a week at most. Now I have the option of detailing any day of the week, provided that you can bring your car out to me in Grapevine.
Plus there were a few people that couldn't have me working on their cars at their apartments due to restrictions in their apartment complex. So, I was losing quite a bit of business.

So now I am able to offer my services basically anyday. I'm hoping that this will open up new oportunities for me and this business.

That is all, carry on :D

Nick

#4 ·
Nick, I am still very interested, I lost my job last week, and my cousin died on New Years Eve, so after I get a few things sorted out, maybe the end of the month we can do my Cobra or 86? :D I'd probably rather do the 86 first, the paint is looking really bad on it.

#6 ·
1985GT-No price list. I price each car different depending on what the customer wants. I let you pick what you want done to your car, and I price it according to that. You can do as little or as much as you like. All up to you.

Strokd-No worries man. I'm really sorry to hear about the bad luck your having. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Franks-It's not a shop. Just a garage......with a house attached :D I know it's not much, but coming from an apartment, this is the greatest garage in the world right now:D

#7 ·
n737nc said:
1985GT-No price list. I price each car different depending on what the customer wants. I let you pick what you want done to your car, and I price it according to that. You can do as little or as much as you like. All up to you.

Strokd-No worries man. I'm really sorry to hear about the bad luck your having. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Franks-It's not a shop. Just a garage......with a house attached :D I know it's not much, but coming from an apartment, this is the greatest garage in the world right now:D
grats on the new place!

I'm about to buy a "new to me" car, and I'm sure it will need some work to get rid of the usual swirl marks etc.

I might have PM to you by next week :cool:

#9 ·
Congrats Nick! Sounds like you are moving up. I'll need to drop off my bike with you for a couple of days so you can clean her up whenever the weather gets better ;)

#11 ·
I've ridden in some cold weather before but fuck this! Holler at you in the next couple of weeks when the weather gets better. Your in Grapevine now?

#15 ·
GSXR_Mike said:
Cool I'll bring my bike by when the weather gets better also!
I also have a friend in your area with an 03 cobra looking for someone to do his car on a regular basis.

Get in touch with me when the weather gets a little better, and I'll get you all cleaned up. Also, please feel free to give my name and number to your buddy. I'd be more than happy to get him taken care of.

Jose, where is your work? Could you load your bike up in your truck and drop it off on your way to or from work?

Thanks,
Nick

#17 ·
mdt66 said:
Id really like to have you wash my car and have it swirl free. The only problem is i have no garage and i dont see spending much money/ your time on something that will just get dirty in a matter of days. :(

It's gonna get dirty if it rains, or in weather like this(icy). But on normal, dry days, you can just keep a bottle of Quik Detailer and a microfiber towel around, and give it a good wipe down daily or every other day. That will help keep it clean for longer periods of time.
I was in an apartment for a while, and this is what I was doing to keep my truck clean. I'd have to wash it about every 2 weeks or so.

Nick

#19 ·
Cool, congrats on the new garage, Nick.

#20 ·
n737nc said:
It's gonna get dirty if it rains, or in weather like this(icy). But on normal, dry days, you can just keep a bottle of Quik Detailer and a microfiber towel around, and give it a good wipe down daily or every other day. That will help keep it clean for longer periods of time.
I was in an apartment for a while, and this is what I was doing to keep my truck clean. I'd have to wash it about every 2 weeks or so.

Nick
I thought it wasnt good to wipe your car down with dirt on it? I thought it would just scratch your finish? I have a california duster i have yet to use. :cool:

#21 ·
mdt66 said:
I thought it wasnt good to wipe your car down with dirt on it? I thought it would just scratch your finish? I have a california duster i have yet to use. :cool:

Light dust is the key. You don't want to go wiping down your car after you've driven it for a week, but a daily light dust will be fine. Just make sure you use something with good lubrication(Quik Detailer), and a quality towel that is going to trap the dust particals in...like a good quality microfiber towel.

#26 ·
PM a quote on a VTX1300?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.