Polish by Eagle one! Please help - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Polish by Eagle one! Please help

I polished my car for the first time last night before I went out. I thought I had done a good job considering I had never done it before( I usually wax instead of polish)..however when I pulled into the light of my driveway it looked like a bad wash and wax job. What should I do? I usually wax my car once a month and I own a buffer and waxing tools. I was thinking wax will take if off. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

-J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Iamwaxman!

Polish is just that, a polish. You should always follow up with a wax afterwards to seal in the polish. The polish offers no protection, and will rinse off in the first rain or wash.

I would re-polish the car, then wax. Should look beautiful after that!

Just out of curiosity, what was your method of application? Did you wipe it on by hand or machine? Did you let it dry?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Iamwaxman!

I just checked Eagle One's web site, and I didn't see a dedicated polish, only a polish/wax combo product. So I'm guessing thats what you used. If so, then you should have the wax protection on there. I've never used this product, so I know absolutely nothing about it. But, if you applied it correctly(as the instuctions say), then the only thing I can think of is maybe it was just too cold out last night. Anything below 40 degrees does have an effect on wax, and makes it take longer to dry. Maybe you wiped it off too quickly before it had a chance to completely dry?

Basic rule of thumb is, wax you let dry till you can run your finger through it and have a streak free finish underneath(swipe test). Anything else(polish, cleaners, etc...), you apply then wipe off.

Last edited by Nick Chapman; 01-01-2007 at 10:12 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

I actually used Eagle one wet on my tires. The polish is called Black Magic (wet shine spray detailer). Thanks for the advice. When I wake up in the morning I am just going to wax and buff it off. thanks again

Sponsored Links
Advertisement