DFW Mustang Forums banner

How do you remove wax?

412 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  evil jose 
#1 ·
I waxed my bike last week and I've got a few areas were the wax got onto some plastic parts and I'm looking for an easy way to clean it up. Any ideas?

#2 ·
22. How do I remove wax from vinyl trim, plastic cladding, and rubber parts?

The best way to remove wax from vinyl or rubber is to use Meguiar's #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner. #39 will emulsify and breakdown the dry wax residue. If you have a tough time locating #39, any all-purpose cleaner should also do the job. Agitating the cleaner by gently scrubbing the surface with a soft bristle brush, like a toothbrush, can help break up the wax

Once you have cleaned the vinyl and/or rubber surface, bring back the natural color and help protect it with an application of a vinyl/rubber conditioner and protectant like NXT Tech ProtectantTM, Natural Shine, M-40 Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner, or Gold Class Trim Detailer.

Sorry - that's the best I can do - gotta get ready for work now.

#7 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll give the toothbrush a try this weekend and maybe try some cleaner if it gets stubborn.

Hades, I might try some Zaino later on but I've got to many bottles of Meguires laying around the house right now :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.